+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How to] Unbrick new 2011 3gs 5.1.1 bricked by ipad baseband

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Most people do not know that the iphone 3gs that they are trying to unlock using the ipad baseband is most likely factory unlocked. I didn't even know that the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [How to] Unbrick new 2011 3gs 5.1.1 bricked by ipad baseband
    Most people do not know that the iphone 3gs that they are trying to unlock using the ipad baseband is most likely factory unlocked. I didn't even know that the iphone 3gs i got as a replacement from Apple was already unlocked and it is the 2012 manufactured version. I bricked it using the ipad baseband and managed to get it out of bricked and then i just google my model number MC555LL and it showed it is indeed factory unlocked so i was wasting my time trying to unlock it with baseband modem but below is steps i followed to unbrick it.

Unlike the redsn0w B1, The new redsn0w doesn't warn you of the brick on the iphone 3gs 2011 or newer when you flash the ipad baseband.

it is possible to unbrick and you can unbrick any iphone 3gs that is 2011 or newer, i unbricked mine SERIAL QR2276xxxxx this is exactly what I did, i accidentally flashed the ipad baseband and no radio would work at all, no bluetooth no wifi all them were greyed out on the phone. i tried reflashing the ipad baseband a few times and nothing happened so this is exactly what I did and it got my phone back to factory condition with ios 5.1.1 and radio bluetooth etc working

First you gotta put the phone in dfu mode and then let itunes restore as normal and when its almost finished restoring and at the stage "verifying iphone software" with the progress bar and apple logo displayed on the phone, disconnect the usb wire from your phone or your computer and itunes will give an error saying resore failed, at this point the iphone will be stuck at the apple logo.

Now go to redsn0w latest version and use downgrade baseband option once or twice and you should see it get stuck at the black verbose screen with white writing and message "do a clean slide to power off"

Now just put your phone in dfu mode again using your hands and then open up itunes and do a normal restore and itunes will finish the normal restore, make sure you don't have that umbrella stuff running in background.

This saved me because the Apple stores know i repeatedly go back there to exchange phones with warranties and they know that i bricked it myself so i voided warranty but now it's unbricked, good luck with this method.
    Last edited by ozzyoz; 08-14-2012 at 04:36 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have had the iPhone 3GS brick before and I got it to factory restore to 5.1.1 and fix the baseband and wifi issue. Also if u take it in to apple and it has a warranty they will give u a new device because they cant get it to restore and will think its hardware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help please!
    i have an iphone 3gs new bootrom and i tried your tutorial but it stil not working.
    can you help me please i don't know what to do the wifi,bluetooth an modem firmware are not there

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy1 View Post
    i have an iphone 3gs new bootrom and i tried your tutorial but it stil not working.
    can you help me please i don't know what to do the wifi,bluetooth an modem firmware are not there
    Welcome to MMi bud!

First off, did you try to restore it back to a stock 5.1.1 firmware?

If you have and the issue still persists, you might consider taking it to Apple for a warranty replacement if it is still under the 1 year warranty.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Welcome to MMi bud!

First off, did you try to restore it back to a stock 5.1.1 firmware?

If you have and the issue still persists, you might consider taking it to Apple for a warranty replacement if it is still under the 1 year warranty.

Is i did a restore to ios 5.1.1 gm and custom and i get "itunes error -1"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry the tutorial had been corrected. u gotta use DOWNGRADE BASEBAND IN last steps i mentioned then u will see the black screen with white writing saying peeform a clean slide to reboot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyoz View Post
    Most people do not know that the iphone 3gs that they are trying to unlock using the ipad baseband is most likely factory unlocked. I didn't even know that the iphone 3gs i got as a replacement from Apple was already unlocked and it is the 2012 manufactured version. I bricked it using the ipad baseband and managed to get it out of bricked and then i just google my model number MC555LL and it showed it is indeed factory unlocked so i was wasting my time trying to unlock it with baseband modem but below is steps i followed to unbrick it.....
    Hi there, I tried, it all worked the same, until finished the update with itunes at the end, then error -1 came again. Now I'm stuck with the connect to itunes logo...pff back where I started. Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 37+ WEEK iphone 3gs Bricked with IPAD BASEBAND
    Mine is the same problem. It was bricked cause I accidentally installed the IPAD baseband AND my iphone was made on the 41st week of 2011
    I tried your steps but I canīt get that whitehand ALTHOUGH , I ONLY got the message doing that after the SECOND TRY.

The first try it took forever at the message JAILBREAK TAKING THE CONTROL ( or something I donīt remember.)

So, I did the the itunes restore but I got the error (-1) (on the pc) and the "plug in to the itunes" screen on the phone.

How do I fix that?

THanks.
    Destruckt

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Destruckt View Post
    Mine is the same problem. It was bricked cause I accidentally installed the IPAD baseband AND my iphone was made on the 41st week of 2011
    I tried your steps but I canīt get that whitehand ALTHOUGH , I ONLY got the message doing that after the SECOND TRY.

The first try it took forever at the message JAILBREAK TAKING THE CONTROL ( or something I donīt remember.)

So, I did the the itunes restore but I got the error (-1) (on the pc) and the "plug in to the itunes" screen on the phone.

How do I fix that?

THanks.
    Destruckt
    you really cant fix that issue if you have already tried the method previously mentioned

installing the ipad baseband on a iphone 3gs past week 28 of 2011 is a big no no, and typically it cannot be resolved once its bricked

your best bet is to take it for warranty replacement

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 37+ WEEK iphone 3gs Bricked with IPAD BASEBAND
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    you really cant fix that issue if you have already tried the method previously mentioned

installing the ipad baseband on a iphone 3gs past week 28 of 2011 is a big no no, and typically it cannot be resolved once its bricked

your best bet is to take it for warranty replacement
    Yes, I know that I shouldnīt but I didnīt pay atention when I installed the baseband. I canīt even find only the motherboard for sell on the ebay.

I have a hope that someone can fix this in the future.

THanks for your help.

Destruckt

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Destruckt View Post
    Yes, I know that I shouldnīt but I didnīt pay atention when I installed the baseband. I canīt even find only the motherboard for sell on the ebay.

I have a hope that someone can fix this in the future.

THanks for your help.

Destruckt
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies" - Andy Dufresne Shawshank Redemption

Thanks

Sorry, I don't think this method will work at all, because even itunes can't even install the baseband plus hardware is redesign to counter software modification from 3rd party. Some might argue that why downgrade baseband older one work? well, because hardware have vulnerity apple has patch that round and this time will be not work sorry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

DAMN it works
    I bought iPhone 3GS from ebay and it was locked, it has IOS 6.0.1 and baseband 5.16.07
    the serial number QR24411xxxx
    What i did:
    1- I update ipad baseband to my iPhone 3GS 06.15.0 so i downgrade it later (some says it will brick it blahhh)
    2- I entered DFU mode and restore to IOS 6.0.1 using iTunes latest version 11.0.1 x86
    3- Before it finish last thing where it says "Verify iphone firmware" its where the bar is lastest
    i unplug the cable and it says error or failed (dont remember)
    4- i restore it using redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3 with IOS 4.1, when it finish the baseband was 06.15.00
    5- i select IPSW 4.1 then jailbreak it and checked 2 thing (Install cydia - downgrade ipad baseband) takes around 20 min be patient
    6- voila i have iPhone 3GS with IOS 4.1 and baseband 05.13.04
    7- Download ultrasn0w and my iphone works with sim card

prof is here i wish i take pics before i do these

Thanks

If you have time can you make a video and share with all of us? I have bought a cheap phone on craigslist with same situation that can't restore.

Quote Originally Posted by hamood_d10 View Post
    DAMN it works
    I bought iPhone 3GS from ebay and it was locked, it has IOS 6.0.1 and baseband 5.16.07
    the serial number QR24411xxxx
    What i did:
    1- I update ipad baseband to my iPhone 3GS 06.15.0 so i downgrade it later (some says it will brick it blahhh)
    2- I entered DFU mode and restore to IOS 6.0.1 using iTunes latest version 11.0.1 x86
    3- Before it finish last thing where it says "Verify iphone firmware" its where the bar is lastest
    i unplug the cable and it says error or failed (dont remember)
    4- i restore it using redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3 with IOS 4.1, when it finish the baseband was 06.15.00
    5- i select IPSW 4.1 then jailbreak it and checked 2 thing (Install cydia - downgrade ipad baseband) takes around 20 min be patient
    6- voila i have iPhone 3GS with IOS 4.1 and baseband 05.13.04
    7- Download ultrasn0w and my iphone works with sim card

prof is here i wish i take pics before i do these
    Last edited by monkeydance; 12-19-2012 at 06:34 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydance View Post
    If you have time can you make a video and share with all of us? I have bought a cheap phone on craigslist with same situation that can't restore.
    NO CAN DO!!! IM NOT THAT FREE

what iphone you have?
    what IOS u have?
    what baseband u have?
    i may help

Thanks

Not try to pain, but you seem not very convinced ...... with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by hamood_d10 View Post
    NO CAN DO!!! IM NOT THAT FREE

what iphone you have?
    what IOS u have?
    what baseband u have?
    i may help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can somebody help, me? I am currently on iOS 6.0.1. I have tried to downgrade baseband and it gets stuck either on "Activation" OR "Installing Bundles". The baseband has fixed itself, it has all the numbers. But although it has the numbers in about. Wifi won't detect any networks. My iPhone is from 2010, week 21. Thank you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsosa20 View Post
    Can somebody help, me? I am currently on iOS 6.0.1. I have tried to downgrade baseband and it gets stuck either on "Activation" OR "Installing Bundles". The baseband has fixed itself, it has all the numbers. But although it has the numbers in about. Wifi won't detect any networks. My iPhone is from 2010, week 21. Thank you.
    What kind of PC operating system are you using?ive had issues with redsn0w on both 7/vista if it wasnt run as administrator

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm currently using OS X. I don't have a PC to try with it. Maybe that is the problem. I hope somehow it will get fixed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a week 30 year 2010 iphone 3GS ios 5.0.1 my baseband is 5.16.08. i wont to know if it will be bricked if i upgrde the baseband