Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I determine if my IPhone 3Gs 5.1.1 BB 06.15.00 can be DOWNGRADED?

Default How can I determine if my IPhone 3Gs 5.1.1 BB 06.15.00 can be DOWNGRADED?
    Hi guys, I just need some help regarding for my IPhone which I updated to iOS 5.1.1 and unfortunately the baseband was updated to 06.15.00.

the phone says "SEARCHING then NO SERVICE" and Network is Not Available

and as of now I can't unlock it using ultrasn0w 1.2.7 ..

now I want to know if my phone can be downgraded without messing/bricking it up.

The serial number of my phone starts with 84005 ...

pls help me how to determine if I can downgraded it because i am thinking that if ever i downgraded it i can surely unlock it thnx .. !!
    Last edited by sew600i; 07-21-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Downgrade the baseband with the newest Redsn0w from blog.iphone-dev.org

The baseband will be downgraded to 5.13.04 and should work better with Ultrasn0w.

Edit: The fact that it's already been upgraded to 6.15.00 and it's still functional for the most part means it's not bricked. A downgrade will only help.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Downgrade the baseband with the newest Redsn0w from blog.iphone-dev.org

The baseband will be downgraded to 5.13.04 and should work better with Ultrasn0w.

Edit: The fact that it's already been upgraded to 6.15.00 and it's still functional for the most part means it's not bricked. A downgrade will only help.
    ahh.. I am afraid to downgrade it since they say it depends in the serial number if the iphone can be downgraded?

you mean ma'am my phone which has a serial number starts with 84005.. can be downgraded? thnx ..
    Last edited by sew600i; 07-21-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sew600i View Post
    ahh.. I am afraid to downgrade it since they say it depends in the serial number if the iphone can be downgraded?

you mean ma'am my phone which has a serial number starts with 84005.. can be downgraded? thnx ..
    you are perfectly fine to downgrade the baseband to 05.13.04

download redsn0w v0.9.14b2 from here: Dev-Team Blog

then follow the instructions at the top where it says "Baseband Freedom"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sew600i View Post

If it can be upgraded to the iPad baseband, which it obviously has been, it can be downgraded just the same. The downgrade is not dependent on the serial number, the upgrade is.

It's safe to downgrade.