Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS downgrade baseband 6.15

Default 3GS downgrade baseband 6.15
    Hello,did the baseband downgrade and all went well,installed ultra snow and now no service showing,tried reinstalling it but no joy,can anyone help,cheers

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

If the baseband has been downgraded but no GPS or “no service”, try redsnow’s “Deactivate” option if you do not rely on using Ultrasnow anymore. So try that and see what happens, hopefully it will work.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Also worth re-installing mobilesubstrate as well.

Thanks

I forgot to add the link for this, this is everything you can try. Download Redsnow 0.9.14b1 To Downgrade Baseband 6.15.00 For iPhone 3G/3GS | Maypalo

Had a real struggle,finally got it back to iPad bb on 5.1.1 with working cydia,problem now is when I retry the bb downgrade I get a message saying it doesn't support untether,scratching my head now,been at it for ages and need help

Thanks

Here, I found the full guide for you. This should do the trick. http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
    Last edited by H4CK3R; 06-21-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Thanks,I've tried that and now I'm getting this device doesnt support untether and have to reboot again ?????????????

Thanks

How.....? That guide tells you what to do in case that happens, just follow what it says.

I know the guide tells you how to do it,I have tried but it won't work,I end up with no service and have to reboot and then just boot with red snow to get cydia to work :-/

Thanks

Lemme look this up real quick. I'll see if I can find something...

I read something about there possibly being an error with Mobile Substrate, try uninstalling and reinstalling it and see if it does anything.
    Last edited by H4CK3R; 06-21-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Ok,thanks for the help,I've tried reinstalling and no joy,it just shuts cydia down so I have to boot it just to get the unlock to work,if I don't boot it I just end up with no service,it won't even downgrade bb from 6.15 :-/

Thanks

I'm looking into this a bit more. I'll be on Google for a while, I'll tell you if I find anything.

Ok,thanks for the help,much appreciated :-)

Quote Originally Posted by stevenbeighton View Post
    Ok,thanks for the help,much appreciated :-)
    here's what I can suggest you do, but cant guarantee it will work

since you are already on 05.13.04, restore to a STOCK 5.1.1 preferable using itunes, and yes this will update your baseband to 05.16.05, then use redsn0w to flash to the ipad baseband along with selecting Cydia to be installed..

after it installs, install ultrasn0w and test your carrier signal out

then use redsn0w to downgrade the ipad baseband, but make sure not to select any other options in redsn0w

Tried and failed,it's now on iPad bb but when I try to downgrade with red snow it says connected device doesn't support untether,tried again and redsnow failed and shut down,going to try again tomorrow

Thanks

Maybe you should try it on a different computer, it can make a big difference sometimes.

I have same problem, tried 3 different PC with Win 7 Ultimate X64 but NO luck, every time I tried, the bb still show 6.15 but it seems corrupted since keep searching signal even without SIM so I have to re-flash the iPad bb again. Does anyone downgrade bb to 5.13.04 from 6.15 successfully. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

I've see lots of people be successful with it. So yes, it works.

Tell us how it goes. Be warned that flashing the baseband takes a LONG time so be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomt2000 View Post
    I have same problem, tried 3 different PC with Win 7 Ultimate X64 but NO luck, every time I tried, the bb still show 6.15 but it seems corrupted since keep searching signal even without SIM so I have to re-flash the iPad bb again. Does anyone downgrade bb to 5.13.04 from 6.15 successfully. Thanks in advance.
    I have successfully downgraded the ipad baseband

Here's how I did it, cant guarantee it will work if you try it, but you can if you wish:
    Originally my 3gs was on a custom 4.2.1 (jailbroken) but no ultrasn0w installed. I used redsn0w 0.9.14b1 and selected only the Install Ipad Baseband. Once it was done, I selected only the Downgrade Ipad baseband. Once that was done, I installed ultrasn0w, inserted m t-mobile sim, waited for 2-3 minutes for "Searching..." and I got a signal

Be aware that musclenerd does indeed know about this issue and is currently trying to update redsn0w so it will fix this issue...

So did you install and downgrade iPad bb from fw 5.1.1 or 4.2.1? I used custom fw 5.1.1 but it seems corrupted iPad bb every time I did, even I re-download redsn0w 0.9.14b1 3 times. So I went back to fw 4.1, I was able to install iPad bb but cannot downgrade, it ran thru all steps, reboot then show bb 6.15 again then keep searching after install ultrasn0w. I guess I must did something wrong here. Any advice will be appreciates. Thanks.
    Last edited by Tomt2000; 06-24-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast