Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP PLEASE: 3GS Restored with wrong Bootrom CFW, Think Its bricked!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,058 Times in 6,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ooh, low blow lol
    I know, so sorry. You know how I love you and love to laugh.............even at someones expense, I'm so bad.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Wow you can't be serious? The solution was simple, drain or remove the battery. There wasn't a need for anything he said before. What was he going on about? It obviously worked without the process he wrote out...

And when did we use his info? We couldnt even understand it.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Open and shut case as far as I saw. The error the OP was seeing is fixed by removing battery or draining it. He found this out from his own research and I confirmed that doing so would work since I have done this procedure a few time to fix error 28. Bestbuy's instructions made no sense. He made no sense and tried to spam his site on top of that.

Thanks

It was a long list of steps...I didn't understand it. I've always known that with error 28, if it isn't hardware a battery drain or removal will fix that problem. I especially learned that from you a long time ago. I can't believe he told me I was wrong by comparing it to removing a windows laptop battery won't fix it. It's not the same thing. I was doubting myself after he said that but I'm glad you stuck to your guns and proved him wrong for all of us.

Thanks

I found it funny when he implied I was stupid for not understanding his instructions.
    I have since read it again and know what he said. But his instructions still do not make any sense and a few of the things he said were counter productive.

Thanks

The steps he provided were completely unnecessary. My jaw literally dropped when he said you were simple-minded lol. I was like no he's not! He knows a lot! Lol.

Thanks

For example halfway down he says to edit hosts file to point to cydia (the 74.xx.xx.xx IP) and then he says to start the TSS server. Two things that serve the same function so both do not need to be done. He had no underlying understanding of what he was saying obviously.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,058 Times in 6,146 Posts

it kept us amused for a while anyway.
    like a zeal post.

Thanks

Yeah I didn't bother reading all that lol. But yeah seriously, those two separate steps do the same thing. I think I'm going to go back and read it all.

Thanks

Zeal is funnier

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Yeah I didn't bother reading all that lol. But yeah seriously, those two separate steps do the same thing. I think I'm going to go back and read it all.
    You'll see what I mean then.

Thanks

Yeah. I see. The steps are basically instructions on how to restore to custom firmwares. There's nothing special about it, especially to target error 28. iFaith and Sn0wbreeze don't do the same thing...iFaith creates a custom fw with SHSHs but it doesn't jb. SB creates a custom fw that jailbreaks but doesn't have SHSHs unless you create the custom fw with iFaith with stitched SHSHs first. You can't just say use Sn0wbreeze or iFaith, they don't do the same thing with firmwares...

Thanks

Yup, hence the no sense. That would be three things that perform a similar function, ifaith, tiny umbrella and editing hosts file. He took my saying it made no sense as I was simple minded. When in fact I understood what he was saying, it just literally made no sense lol.

The point here is that anyone who acts inhospitable or oppugnant towards other members, especially staff members, should not have a reserved space here....

Thanks

I just thought it made no sense bc there was no punctuation and proper spacing between each word/paragraph...

Wow. Even after OP said the battery drain worked he still didn't believe it.

Edit: battery removal

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    The point here is that anyone who acts inhospitable or oppugnant towards other members, especially staff members, should not have a reserved space here....
    Well yeah, it's just the whole thing is you've got three people suggesting the same advice but you keep insisting everyone but yourself is wrong. There are times where backing down (not even having to admit wrong though) is appropriate. The advice given was incorrect and misleading, which could be 1) detrimental to people who come and seek advice and 2) just wasting time when a simple and known solution is provided.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 06-30-2012 at 08:37 PM.

how long exactly should i leave the battery out if i manually took it out of the unit?

right now, i still have the screen looking like its in DFU mode despite it being detached

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey_80 View Post
    how long exactly should i leave the battery out if i manually took it out of the unit?

right now, i still have the screen looking like its in DFU mode despite it being detached
    About an hour

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Hockey_80 (07-17-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    About an hour
    should the screen stop looking like its in DFU mode?

Thanks

After you restore it should, depending on if this is the issue you are having.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Hockey_80 (07-17-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand. I thought redsnow will give you error when you select wrong bootrom for your phone. Normally, I put phone in DFU first then open redsnow. Whenever I chose the wrong bootrom (old/new) it gives out error before proceeding. I maybe wrong but sometimes it happens. After selecting the right one, it goes thru the process.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234