Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP PLEASE: 3GS Restored with wrong Bootrom CFW, Think Its bricked!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,908 Times in 7,252 Posts

The OPs problem was caused by using an old bootrom firmware on a new bootrom device. He was correct with his research. In this instance error 28 is not hardware related but related to the NAND memory being corrupted by the mistake.
    This causes the phone to always appear in DFU mode. The fix is (as he found out) letting the battery drain completely. This resets the NAND memory so after that a restore should work for him.

OP, if you don't want to wait the week for the battery to drain you can always take the battery out. Leaving the battery out of the phone for an hour or so should do the trick too. I have done this myself. Similar issue but it was one caused by a package called spirit2pwn back in the day.

okthis will work due to i did the same as u but fixed it
    things you will need all current versions
    1 snowbreeze 2.9.5 aka SB
    2 ifaith v1.4.2
    3 tinyumbrella 5.11.01 aka TY
    4 hosts file mods
    5 current version of itunes
    now step A] will be if you have shsh files YOUR OWN SHSH NOT A FRIENDS OR ANOTHER PHONE ONLY THE PHONE U R WORKING WITH saved on ur computer or cydia it will not work if the shsh files r not from ur phone step B will be if you dont have shsh files now bear with me due to ive never made a form before
    step A
    open ty plug ur phone into computer make ty see ur phone by pushing the fix rec or exit rec.press save shsh to get ur saves files now look at waht versions u have due to that is the only versions u can downgrade too i went to 4.3.5 but i had 4.3.5- 4.1- 5.1 and 5.0.1
    now sb and ifaith only work with certain ios example sb does not work with 4.3.5 as ifaith does.
    after you found which ios u r going to use go to ur hosts file HOSTS file located on the C: windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts\notepad}}}}} THIS NEXT STEP IS IF U DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO EDIT UR HOST FILE WHICH MOST DONT. now after u click etc/ right click hosts and click properties go to security tab click CLICK THE NAME U R USING EXAMPLE JOHN, DAVID /ADMIN. ETC.
    now click on edit now make sure FULL CONTROL/ MODIFY/READ EXECUTE/READ/WRITE R ALL CHECKED then press apply ok and close now push hosts and then notebook UR HOST FILE MUST LOOK LIKE THIS TO WORK

# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

MAKE SURE AFTER U MOD UR HOSTS FILE U PUSH THE FILE TAB AT TOP LEFT AND CLICK SAVE THEN CLOSE IT AND REOPEN TO MAKE SURE IT TOOK AFFECT....... IF U DONT DO THIS THE RESTORE WONT WORK
    next build the custom ios using sb or ifaith i used ifaith but use what fits u both will probably ask you for ur shsh file when building make sure u use ur own shsh file or wont work next after u have built it u r ready to nearly go

1) go to ty open it and leave it open through the hole process. IN TY PUSH START TTS SERVER and leave it alone
    2) use what ever sb of ifaith to put ur phone into pawn dfu
    3) open itunes and click on windows SHIFT AND THE RESTORE BUTTON AT SAME TIME browse for the custom file u built NOT the stock ios file but the sb or ifaith file SHOULD BE IN DESKTOP
    4) restore should work fine...... after u r done u can upgrade to the to 5.1.1 or what ever ios u want look for the redsnow file in google to fit ur ios to unlock for tmobile or what ever

STEP B
    ok so u dont have any shsh files saved ok you can only install the current version which as of today is 5.1.1 but in future will change
    pretty much follow all the instruction in step A
    1) open hosts file and make sure it is done as showed above and edited
    2) use sb or ifaith to create ur custom ios and then pawn dfu ur phone
    3)open ty and push start tts server and leave it alone
    4) open itunes on windows push **** and click restore at the same time
    5) find custom sb oR ifaith ios that u built should be in desktop REMEMBER IT CAN ONLY BE THE MOST CURRENT VERSION
    6) restore now if u want tmobile or whatever google for ur redsnow that fits ur ios

I HOPE THIS HELPS PEOPLE OUT IT DID FOR ME I WILL CHECK BACK HERE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION THANKS
    PLEASE GO TO MY WEBSITE I BUILT ITS NEW AND CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND TELL UR FRIENDS ITS BRAND NEW SO I NEED PEOPLE TO HELP THANKS
    Last edited by Simon; 06-22-2012 at 09:55 AM.

I posted all instruction where did it go

Sorry i wrote it in detailed out took an hour and a half but when i pressed post it didnt and disappeared i will not post again i will make a youtube vid and put the link on here tonight sorry
    Last edited by bestbuy995; 06-22-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bestbuy995 View Post
    I posted all instruction where did it go

Sorry i wrote it in detailed out took an hour and a half but when i pressed post it didnt and disappeared i will not post again i will make a youtube vid and put the link on here tonight sorry
    Our spam plug-in auto moderated your post because you added a link at the end of it, a link that had nothing to do with what you were saying which I have to say is kinda odd and very spam like.

I don't see how that long post relates to the OP's problem either. He needs to let his battery drain before trying to restore again.

he installed the wrong bootrom in the phone when updating thats now always in duf mode.. killing the battery will not change the fact that the wrong software is in the phone this is not a motherboard error that can be reset by taking the battery out or letting die example { if u have a laptop running window7 on it and accidentally put a restore cd in for windows vista and then decide to take the battery out or let it die. when u put the battery back in it,its not going to be all of a sudden be back running windows 7} so the only option is to figure out how to get the correct bootrom back in the phone

Thanks

he installed the wrong bootrom in the phone when updating thats now always in duf mode.. killing the battery will not change the fact that the wrong software is in the phone this is not a motherboard error that can be reset by taking the battery out or letting die example { if u have a laptop running window7 on it and accidentally put a restore cd in for windows vista and then decide to take the battery out or let it die. when u put the battery back in it,its not going to be all of a sudden be back running windows 7} so the only option is to figure out how to get the correct bootrom back in the phone
    If you read what I posted and what he has tried you will see that he has tried to restore already, he got error 28. Taking the battery out or letting it die should fix error 28. Then I told him to try the restore after that. Nobody said the phone will miraculously work after putting the battery back in. It obviously needs to be restored again.

and the website that u earsed was not spam i spent alot of money having it built but either way thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    This resets the NAND memory so after that a restore should work for him.
    From my previous post. Maybe you wont miss that part this time.

and the website that u earsed was not spam i spent alot of money having it built but either way thanks
    This is the website you posted: removed
    How does that page have anything to do with what you wrote?

Thank you for your input. This battery will take forever to drain but I don't want to take the risk of opening (not good with things like that). I hope it all works out fine, but thanks you for your confirmation of my research!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArEss View Post
    Thank you for your input. This battery will take forever to drain but I don't want to take the risk of opening (not good with things like that). I hope it all works out fine, but thanks you for your confirmation of my research!
    Not a prob. Just make sure it is completely dead before trying a restore again

i got error 28 the hole time as soon as i moded the hosts and keeped ty tts severs running it went through i must have tried restoring 50 times or more alway error 28 37 or 1600 i did the same thing as he did put old bootrom instead of new bootrom its a nasty dfu run around like i said earlyer in my post before i relized i put the wrong bootrom in the phone i remover the battery like 4 times to let the chip drain but nothing this option im giving him is the only way

Not a prob. Just make sure it is completely dead before trying a restore again
    Quick questions, if you may:
    How exactly do I know when my battery is dead. There is no screen reaction (black-all the time), and I cannot turn it off (it doesn't turn off, just recycles DFU). I imagine when I plug into iTunes and it takes a little while before it recognizes (indicating start-up), that this is when I can restore (because the battery has died).

Also, when this occurs, which FW should I restore to? 5.1.1 CFW SnowBreeze Hacktivated, or should I get a 5.1.1 CFW SB Hacktivated with 6.15.00 flash again? Assuming 5.0.1 isn't signed anymore.

Additionally, if I choose to dissect my phone and get the battery out, the phone would be ON when Im going in? Is this fine?

Thank you so much, life saver!

Thanks

i got error 28 the hole time as soon as i moded the hosts and keeped ty tts severs running it went through i must have tried restoring 50 times or more alway error 28 37 or 1600 i did the same thing as he did put old bootrom instead of new bootrom its a nasty dfu run around like i said earlyer in my post before i relized i put the wrong bootrom in the phone i remover the battery like 4 times to let the chip drain but nothing this option im giving him is the only way
    Check error 28 here: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index....=ITunes_Errors

Also your "instructions" in your post are all over the place. Cant make heads or tail what you are trying to explain to do.

From my previous post. Maybe you wont miss that part this time.

This is the website you posted: removed
    How does that page have anything to do with what you wrote?
    it doesnt it just trying to get it out there its like a craigslist / myspace/ u can build profiles meet people sell thing video chat comment on friend and evey posting listed for sell or etc sorry to post it on ur form just looking to get it going i just got it live but its ok

i know i suck but if the person has any background in this field they should be able to understand it

5.0.1 is not being signed anymore the snowbreeze hacktivated is fine as far as taking the pgone apart it looks harder then it is strip 3 is the hardest for newbe people but there all numberwd just make sure u unplug the strips in order witch there all numbered its ok that the phone in on too

also use a youtube video to take apart or phone there in detail hq step by step you can do it
    Last edited by Simon; 06-22-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks

it doesnt it just trying to get it out there its like a craigslist / myspace/ u can build profiles meet people sell thing video chat comment on friend and evey posting listed for sell or etc sorry to post it on ur form just looking to get it going i just got it live but its ok
    That is spam then. Linking to source material on a site where you got your info from when helping someone is alright. Just posting a link to a site that has nothing to do with what you are talking about is spam. Please read forum rules regarding this: Forum Rules

i know i suck but if the person has any background in this field they should be able to understand it
    I have a ton of background in this field having been unlocking, jailbreaking and fixing iPhones since the first iPhone years ago. And I don't get what you were trying to explain in your long post.

Wow u must be a simple minded person my 13 year old neighbor who has jailbroken his phone just went through the steps perfectly look i know im wright and ur not about the solution to the problem here but u dont have to get sour just cause some one is raining on ur braid im sure u know how to jailbreak and use youtube like everybody else

And beside if u cant understand it then u have no business trying to fix anything now im not saying it the easiest thing to comprehend but for a apple wiz like ur self it should be no problem the facts r is that will work that is the only fix and taking out or killing ur battery in this situation is useless
    Last edited by bestbuy995; 06-22-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks

Wow u must be a simple minded person my 13 year old neighbor who has jailbroken his phone just went through the steps perfectly look i know im wright and ur not about the solution to the problem here but u dont have to get sour just cause some one is raining on ur braid im sure u know how to jailbreak and use youtube like everybody else

And beside if u cant understand it then u have no business trying to fix anything now im not saying it the easiest thing to comprehend but for a apple wiz like ur self it should be no problem the facts r is that will work that is the only fix and taking out or killing ur battery in this situation is useless
    Sarry, I mussed have misundertood you. You are wright of coarse. Silly me thinking you righting is hard to understand.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Look, the error numbers indicate the issues related to the device. It isn't ideal to suggest restoring multiple times in hopes it will make it work. I'm sure your instructions worked for you and your neighbor, and it isn't wrong to try it either, but why is it wrong to try to let the battery drain or remove it? If a known solution for error 28 is to drain the battery or remove it, why not at least try it? As for error 37 and 1600, they seem to be related to using custom firmwares. Usually issues are resolved by understanding the error numbers and the next course of action is to counteract whatever the error numbers indicate. So if there errors were 28, 37, and 1600, I would try to drain the battery/remove it, and/or use a stock fw if possible (or create a new custom firmware if required).

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's wrong of you to say your solution is the only solution. The error numbers aren't just randomly generated. They are guidelines to help us understand what is going wrong.

Wow first i was writing on a samsung pad which i must say dont buy and second the letters suck when ur typing i should have waited until i got home but want to get it out there to help someone and last its ok man ur a iphone master well except for this problem i really dont want to go back and forth how ever on the other hand i really hope that helps him or her i know it will

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Wow first i was writing on a samsung pad which i must say dont buy and second the letters suck when ur typing i should have waited until i got home but want to get it out there to help someone and last its ok man ur a iphone master well except for this problem i really dont want to go back and forth how ever on the other hand i really hope that helps him or her i know it will
    There isn't a need to get mad or upset. I am just saying, there isn't just one and only one solution in this scenario. We haven't even isolated the problem yet, otherwise if the issue was isolated a definite solution could be provided. The OP is free to try whatever suggestions that are plausible discussed here. You're not wrong, but neither are the solutions that are known to resolve issues regarding the exact error numbers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast