Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g upgrade 3.1.3 to 4.x?

Default 3g upgrade 3.1.3 to 4.x?
    ]I JB my 3g awhile back using redsn0w. My baseband is 5.12.01 and i used ultrasn0w to unlock it.

But now i want to upgrade to a 4.x version. Reason for it is i cant send mms. On my other 3g its also JB but on 4.2.1 but on messages theres a little camera option to add a pic to the message. But not on my 3g with 3.1.3.

So i have read some other threads and so far i have sn0wbrezze installed and tiny umbrella on my pc. On the phone i go to cydia on on top it shows SHSH:ios 4.1, 4.2.1

Now i ran sn0wbrezze and downloaded firmware 4.1 next on the screen it asked to simple mode, expert mode and BB preserve mode. I havnt gone any further, Am i on the right track or is there a step i missed.

Thanks

Personally I would stay on 3.1.3....4 just slows the phone down...

But if u insist on upgrading I would go to 4.2.1....u could try 4.1 first...

U should be able to send mms...could u before?..

Hmm..sorry I didn't read ur post well enough...it must be an unlock thing?...why u can't send mms on 3.1.3 phone... My wife has 3G on 3.1.3 and can send pics just fine..

We r on AT&T...no unlock

U could try 3.1.3 restore and re-JB and unlock...I don't unlock so maybe someone else can help with more knowledg
    Last edited by xboxbml; 01-31-2012 at 03:48 PM.

yeah 4.2.1 on my other 3g is slow compared to the 3g on 3.1.3. And im not with AT&T. im using simple mobile maybe i could try a diff carrier i guess.

Ok so to go to a Jb 4.x firmware from a jb 3.1.3 is the same process as when i first jb the phone?
    Last edited by evo9; 02-02-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
    ]I JB my 3g awhile back using redsn0w. My baseband is 5.12.01 and i used ultrasn0w to unlock it.

But now i want to upgrade to a 4.x version. Reason for it is i cant send mms. On my other 3g its also JB but on 4.2.1 but on messages theres a little camera option to add a pic to the message. But not on my 3g with 3.1.3.

So i have read some other threads and so far i have sn0wbrezze installed and tiny umbrella on my pc. On the phone i go to cydia on on top it shows SHSH:ios 4.1, 4.2.1

Now i ran sn0wbrezze and downloaded firmware 4.1 next on the screen it asked to simple mode, expert mode and BB preserve mode. I havnt gone any further, Am i on the right track or is there a step i missed.
    How can I upgrade my iPhone 3G IOS 3 to Ios 4

Thanks

If u don't need unlock, plug into pc fire up iTunes, and click update...personally, I wouldn't go higher than 3.1.3 on 3g...

But I never saved it on 4.2 ?? So does this mean I can go back down to 4.2 and downgrade my baseband

Thanks

Never saved what?...blobs?...4.2.1 is highest iOS for 3G...apple will allow 4.2.1 forever...don't need blobs...especially for 3G...but preserve basebands.! Once you've updated baseband, you cannot downgrade the baseband! That's permanent. If u have unlockable baseband u MUST preserve it!

And if u truly have the 3G, u can put in DFU mode and downgrade from 4.2.1 to 3.1.x I believe...but baseband will not downgrade..so preserve that baseband if u unlock!
    Last edited by xboxbml; 02-15-2012 at 04:58 AM.