Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Inquery: 3GS Downgrading and Rejailbreaking Advice Sought

Default Inquery: 3GS Downgrading and Rejailbreaking Advice Sought
    Hello everyone! I'm new here but not new to jailbreaking. My knowledge isn't super extensive but i'd like to think i'm no noob either. Anyhow, my question:

I have a 3GS 16 GB running 4.3.4 that i jailbroke using redsn0w 0.9.8b3 (tethered of course). All works well and have never had any major problems. The phone does get very hot after about 15-20 minutes of talk time and is a bit slow running. I have been waiting for jailbreakme.com to be compatible with 4.3.4. I saw today that absinthe was released for 5.0.1. Would it be advised to restore and upgrade to 5.0.1 and rejailbreak using absinthe? Is it only on iphone 4? Are there any other advisable options? I have never downgraded but know you must save SSH blobs.

Any advice is very appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks

I have 3GS...I was on 5.0.1 for a while before going back to 4.2.1...5.0.1 runs well on 3GS, but it does use more ram and storage space for the OS...other than that it works fine..yeah 4.3.4 most likely will never be untethered so unless u have shsh blobs saved for earlier version u really have no choice for untethered except if u go up to 5.0.1...use redsn0w 0.9.10b4...need latest iTunes first...make sure u have all data backed up outside of iTunes backup! You should restore and setup as a new phone, not from backup. This may solve the hot issue...most phones will get a litle warm during use..so unless it's really hot shouldn't be am issue...I sync contacts calendar and notes with outlook on my pc. I have pics and vids dragged out of camera roll and saved in my pictures folder on pc and synced back to phone. I have music and apps in iTunes of course...this way I could lose phone or break it and still have everything..so I setup as new phone every time I restore...iTunes backups can get corrupted and cause issues sometimes...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:

trancelikestate (01-24-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm new here but not new to jailbreaking. My knowledge isn't super extensive but i'd like to think i'm no noob either. Anyhow, my question:

I have a 3GS 16 GB running 4.3.4 that i jailbroke using redsn0w 0.9.8b3 (tethered of course). All works well and have never had any major problems. The phone does get very hot after about 15-20 minutes of talk time and is a bit slow running. I have been waiting for jailbreakme.com to be compatible with 4.3.4. I saw today that absinthe was released for 5.0.1. Would it be advised to restore and upgrade to 5.0.1 and rejailbreak using absinthe? Is it only on iphone 4? Are there any other advisable options? I have never downgraded but know you must save SSH blobs.

Any advice is very appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi hun,

Absinthw is for 4s/ipad2 only. For 3Gs ios 5.0.1 you use redsn0w 0.9.10b4.
    4.3.4 and 4.3.5 are dead jailbreak wise, dont wait. Upgrade to 5.0.1 just make sure that you restore and setup as new.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marilina For This Useful Post:

trancelikestate (01-24-2012)

Thanks

Isn't that what I just said?...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Isn't that what I just said?...
    Well sorry I was on the mobile app and it was acting up, I did not see your post.

Thanks

No prob...I know what u mean..I end up doing that a lot...

Well none the less thanks guys! Fantastic advice and my major ios change went totally smoothly! Hopefully now i like ios 5. I did save my blobs in case. Definitely appreciate it and happy to be here!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate View Post
    Well none the less thanks guys! Fantastic advice and my major ios change went totally smoothly! Hopefully now i like ios 5. I did save my blobs in case. Definitely appreciate it and happy to be here!
    You will love ios 5 Glad you got it all sorted out!