Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS stuck in DFU mode even after full sucessful restore.

sorry didn't want to post a new as i see this one going having the same problem

please help me here iphone 3gs on 4.3.5 baseband 05.16.02
    i'm try to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.2.1 as i only have shsh save 4.1 and 4.2.1 + 4.3.5 but each time i downgrade it finish downgrading but wont reboot just stuck in recovery mode and get the 1015 error and nothing seems to work to get it out of recovery mode ...i want to down grade that i can update to the ipod beseband and unlock with ultrasnow help please

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

When you were restoring to cfw, did you point host file towards cydia server by setting in TU mode.
    it can take weeks for it to completely drained or you can remove the battery , leave it out for 10 mins and put it back.

Yea i used TU to point to saurik's server.
    Wow, weeks?? should i take the risk of opening up my iphone?

Thanks

Go watch some videos on how to remove the battery, you will need some tools before you start removing the battery.
    Do it at your own risk

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It takes a while to boot. Just wait and leave it connected to iTunes and it is supposed to boot.

So its been about a week now, how would i know if the battery is drained? i just plugged it in and the computer detected it immediately, does that mean that it isnt out of battery yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes. The computer won't recognize a turned off Device.

Technically it isnt off, i just left it in DFU mode after my sucessful as instructed. Thats why i was unsure.

my 3gs was stuck in DFU with black screen, but the iphone was detected by my pc just fine for restoring or fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    hi there my iphone is in dfu mode and when i press the power and home button for 10 sec it doesnt appear the apple logo and when i connect to the computer to restore, my computer doesnt read my iphone neither itunes can read it
    so whats the deal
    If nothing sees the phone, its not in DFU mode, the computer etc thinks the phone is off. This happened to me twice last night. I'm trying to get from 6.0.1 to 5.1.1 but I failed to get straight there, however was able to get to 4.3.3.

When I tried to go from 4.3.3 to 5.1.1 (these, by the way, are the only firmware versions for which I have SHSH blobs and for which I have custom firmwares (NO_BB) ) I got the black screen after an itunes error, also. I was at my wits end when I decided to have one more shot at starting the phone up, but I connected to external power instead of the computer, then held the home and power buttons together for what seemed the longest time (probably only a few seconds) and when that had no effect, detached from the power and the phone spontaneously started up again. None of this is logical, but I tried the upgrade twice, failed twice, had a black screen twice and on both occasions did that to get the phone back to functioning.

I'm off to search forums to find a way to get from 4.3.3 to 5.1.1. If it fails again, I'll leave it as is. [edit] forgot about stitching blobs, and the fact that I had done this a long time ago. Found the previously stitched 5.1.1 which appears to be restoring now. Lets hope it works as well as it did in the past.
    Last edited by kyteflyer; 11-30-2012 at 12:20 PM.

ok but what do i do i cant even power it on but when i connect it to my computer for a long time finally my computer respond but it says the is a usb cable but cant be recignized

the problem is that i was stuck in the apple logo but when put my device in to dfu mode i didnt put it back to my computer i left it because i wanted to sleep when i woke up i decided to put in my computer but no responce

Thanks

Putting iphone into recovery mode will allow you to restore .
    Recovery mode : Hold both buttons down until screen goes off and immediately let go the Power button but keep holding Home button and at the same time plug in your iphone into the computer until itunes cable logo appears. Itunes should now detect iphone in recovery mode and needs a restore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12