+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I downgrade from 4.3.4 without SHSH or download generic SHSH files to use?

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Thank you for your reply joshw0000! What happened was that fixrecovery just 'quit', soon after this the process on the iPhone itself ended up on a fail message. I waited
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply joshw0000! What happened was that fixrecovery just 'quit', soon after this the process on the iPhone itself ended up on a fail message. I waited around 5 mins to see if anything would happen, but... sadly - nothng. I then went into TU, hit exit recovery without any success... It seems that it won't work with 4.3.5?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im sort of in the same boat as Joshw up there. I attempted to follow the instructions in the 2nd post but when I try to save my shsh's, nothing happens. I hit the button and the program just sits there. Any ideas?

EDIT: 3GS, 8gb, 4.3.5 software. Just bought it used and he wiped it before hand. Put my sim in, connected to Itunes and its working fine. NOw looking to down firmware to anything that has an unteathered jailbreak. This is where the problem is. I keep getting error 3195 from Itunes. So I saw this thread and now I cant create shsh files.

Thank you
    Last edited by 3GSUser2011; 07-29-2011 at 08:39 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Start the process over. Downgrade to 4.1 (not any other version) in DFU with TSS running. Then again without TSS kn recovery mode. Try to exit again. If it fails, run the fix again. I must have restored a dozen times but I'm now jailbroken and unlocked. Hang in there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joshw0000 For This Useful Post:

oldfashioned (07-29-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay! So after restore 1 (DFU + TSS) ---> result: stuck in recovery mode!

RESTORE 2 (REVOVERY MODE! - NO TSS - NO TU RUNNING) - Error! --> Start TU --> hit EXIT RECOVERY --> SUCCESS!!! Now I can see that installed firmware is 4.1 and instelled baseband is --> 05.16.02-6.4_M3S2

Now this feels rather nice! Thank you joshw0000! You have the biggest pint of European beer!

Now jailbreak with limera1n + ultrasn0w unlock? ... I think the baseband is rather impossible to unlock? (05.16.02)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Even without the shsh files? I was under the assumption that without the shsh files, i couldnt downgrade? Now Im confuzzled :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you see 4.1 SHSH when you connect your device to TU?

Green Apple
    Thanks

No, when I open tiny umbrella and click on show all shsh's, nothing appears in the window. I then click on save my shsh and still nothing appears.

I put the phone into DFU mode, Tiny umbrella TSS running, then tried to restore. I get erorr 1600

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do not start the downgrade until you save the shsh files. You are in DFU (black screen) and not recovery (connect itunes screen) right? I didn't have any problem at that step. I'll have to retrace when I get home tonight. But don't start downgrading without them or you'll be SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfashioned View Post
    Okay! So after restore 1 (DFU + TSS) ---> result: stuck in recovery mode!

RESTORE 2 (REVOVERY MODE! - NO TSS - NO TU RUNNING) - Error! --> Start TU --> hit EXIT RECOVERY --> SUCCESS!!! Now I can see that installed firmware is 4.1 and instelled baseband is --> 05.16.02-6.4_M3S2

Now this feels rather nice! Thank you joshw0000! You have the biggest pint of European beer!

Now jailbreak with limera1n + ultrasn0w unlock? ... I think the baseband is rather impossible to unlock? (05.16.02)
    Glad I could help, but you should really thank everyone that helped me. Without them, I'd still be in recovery.

Use redsnow from the link above. After you jailbreak, go back into it and install ipad BB. Then you can unlock with ultrasnow from Cydia
    Last edited by joshw0000; 07-29-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshw0000 View Post
    Do not start the downgrade until you save the shsh files. You are in DFU (black screen) and not recovery (connect itunes screen) right? I didn't have any problem at that step. I'll have to retrace when I get home tonight. But don't start downgrading without them or you'll be SOL.
    Nope, dont work (shsh files). I just did another restore to factory. Open Tiny Umbrella and no dice. shsh files wont save. Boooo .. :P

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Glad I could help, but you should really thank everyone that helped me. Without them, I'd still be in recovery.

Use redsnow from the link above. After you jailbreak, go back into it and install ipad BB. Then you can unlock with ultrasnow from Cydia
    This is exactly what I like to see. After you get help you go and give out your knowledge
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3GSUser2011 View Post
    Nope, dont work (shsh files). I just did another restore to factory. Open Tiny Umbrella and no dice. shsh files wont save. Boooo .. :P
    Try it with the phone booted normally. I believe that's how I did it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    This is exactly what I like to see. After you get help you go and give out your knowledge
    Sadly, I know no knowledge to give :P

Try it with the phone booted normally. I believe that's how I did it.
    Ive actually done both. Regular phone and dfu mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you deselect anything to do with Cydia in the advanced tab? Reboot your computer, unplug your Iphone, and try again. What error code are you getting? Is TU giving you any errors when you first open it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did you deselect anything to do with Cydia in the advanced tab? Reboot your computer, unplug your Iphone, and try again. What error code are you getting? Is TU giving you any errors when you first open it?
    I previously unchecked the Cydia option in the advanced tab (as per another tutorial). I tired it both ways. I have since checked the option back and tried it both ways and still no dice.

When I open TU, it says "request SHSH from Cydia is currently set. This can cause issues if you are trying to save current shsh as cydia is no longer able to reliably proxy shsh requests. Please change your setting in the advanced tab and click apply changes." Click ok and get another message "you currently have set hosts to cydia on exit set. If you are having issues restoring, you need to uncheck this box." click ok and with the settings like this, it will not save my shsh files.

If I remove that option and reopen, I get the same first message (but not the second). Still no ability to save shsh files.

Biz-arre

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried restoring to 4.1 without trying to use SHSHs yet? Uncheck point to Cydia on exit in TU under Advanced. Open iTunes, do a standard shift+restore to stock 4.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Have you tried restoring to 4.1 without trying to use SHSHs yet? Uncheck point to Cydia on exit in TU under Advanced. Open iTunes, do a standard shift+restore to stock 4.1.
    Er, no. Cause in post #48, doing that makes me SOL. I dont wanna be SOL. I wanna be WL - with luck :P

Thanks

I don't see a problem with downgrading to 4.1 without trying to use SHSHs. I've helped a couple users downgrade to 4.1 without telling them to save their SHSHs first. If you're pointing at Cydia's server and trying to restore to a firmware version that is actually being allowed right now, it's not going to work. This is the case for 4.3.5. If you have TU auto point to Cydia's server you can't restore to stock 4.3.5 because it isn't pointing at Apple's server. If iTunes is allowing 4.1, shouldn't the concept be the same.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't see a problem with downgrading to 4.1 without trying to use SHSHs. I've helped a couple users downgrade to 4.1 without telling them to save their SHSHs first. If you're pointing at Cydia's server and trying to restore to a firmware version that is actually being allowed right now, it's not going to work. This is the case for 4.3.5. If you have TU auto point to Cydia's server you can't restore to stock 4.3.5 because it isn't pointing at Apple's server. If iTunes is allowing 4.1, shouldn't the concept be the same.
    Honestly, I really have no idea. My previous Iphone had remained on 3.1 for almost a year. I jailbroke it with blackrain and it was uber easy. Never upgraded from there. UNTIL .. I was an absolute retard and jumped into a pool with my phone making it the most expensive coaster I have ever bought :P So, I bought a used one off someone and he wiped it to factory while updating it to 4.3.5.

Alls I want is to downgrade to something I can get an untethered jailbreak. From there, I'll be a happy camper. Im a bit of an idiot when it comes to stuff like this so today was the first time I had really had attention focused on shsh files. Blackrain didnt make any mention of them.

So, if I can be an absolute pain (more so than already), can you point me to a link on what I should do, step by step?

Thank you so very much to all who have posted and will post. Some of this is very overwhelming.

Thanks

Well that's what I'm trying to help you do. Restore to stock 4.1 without SHSHs, and also ensure in TU that the option to point to cydia on exit is not checkmarked. After doing so in TU, open iTunes and do the shift+restore to stock 4.1. When you get error 1015 then open TU and exit recovery.

edit: after you successfully downgrade, I'd be happy to help you jailbreak while you're at it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well that's what I'm trying to help you do. Restore to stock 4.1 without SHSHs, and also ensure in TU that the option to point to cydia on exit is not checkmarked. After doing so in TU, open iTunes and do the shift+restore to stock 4.1. When you get error 1015 then open TU and exit recovery.

edit: after you successfully downgrade, I'd be happy to help you jailbreak while you're at it
    Ok questions .. despite the fact that you didnt mention it, I'll ask the dumb questions anyway: 1) when I open TU and unselect the Cydia option, do I leave the program open? Or close it? As well, do I turn on the TSS server or leave it off? And is the phone in regular mode or am I in DFU mode when I do all this?