Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G 4.2.1 ipad bb custom firmware

Default Iphone 3G 4.2.1 ipad bb custom firmware
    Hi, I kinda think I messed up with my iphone 3g when trying to upgrade/jailbreak/unlock my phone so it would be wonderful for someone with a Mac to make me a custom firmware for the 3G.

I assume it needs to be the ipad baseband as itunes will no longer let me restore use the normal ipsw. (not 100% sure I actually ticked and accepted the ipad baseband, but you know).

Thanks guys.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

It wont let you restore because of the fact you have the iPad BB, you need a CFW without the BB update to restore, you also must first enter PWNdfu mode to restore to a CFW with shift+restore in iTunes.

Inbox iYeow or 98xcar for one, i would send it but im not at home.
    Hit the thanks button if i helped in anyway

i have kinda same problem i have iphone 3g and by mistake i did use ipad firmware to jailbreak the iphone thro redsn0w but then it gave me error and when i tryed to restore it wont work at all and im big noob with this staff any help plzzzzzzzzzzz

Well if you can get a modded IPSW file for it, then put it into pwned DFU mode (using the redsnow utility, remembering to point it at the stock 4.2.1 file). then shift-clicking the restore button in Itunes and chosing the modded IPSW file it should work fine (did so for me).

i dont have modded ipsw file may you give me one plz so i can try it? and what you mean by dfu mode because when i conect the iphone with the usb its start by it self in recovery mode

First open Itunes and have the iphone connected via USB. Then with is still connected use Redsnow, and you get to the options selection screen, one of them is "just enter pwnd DFU mode now". Select only that and follow the instructions given (make sure you're using redsn0w0.9.6 or newer).

Then in Itunes, shift-click on the "Restore" button and chose your modded IPSW and you should have the normal restore process.(I can send you a link to the iPhone 3G 4.2.1 modded one since I don't have a mac I can't make others).

nothing change its still getting stuck in installing porcess((

Iscarri can you post the link I am also having the same issue and I get almost to the point of completion and I get the 1015 error again. I think itis because I have an Ipod touch baseband and it won't go back to factory settings now.

Default Iphone 3G 4.2.1 ipad bb custom firmware
    Hey Iscarri, please send me the link to the iPhone 3G 4.2.1 modded

Hey Iscarri, please send me the link to the iPhone 3G 4.2.1 modded

I can get to the emergency call screen now. Where do I go from here? Iphone 3G 16 gig with Ipad BB
    Last edited by Madmudder; 02-13-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dnt waste ur time anywhere.. i just restored to 3g 4.2.1 and it works like a charm.. i posted a link on how to do it by EverythingApplePro.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1dNq5g3Kk]YouTube - Restore & Update iPhone 3Gs/3G To 4.2.1 On 6.15.00 Baseband[/ame]

I posted his directions just in case.. just follow it and the links for modded 4.2.1 is also given.

PLEASE READ!!!

This Video Will Restore A Bricked 3G Or 3GS New Or Old Bootrom And Can Also Update Your Working 4.1 iPhone 3G/3Gs To 4.2.1 On 6.15.00 Baseband

IF Your iPhone Is Not On 6.15.00 Baseband OR Has Not Crashed While Installing It Then This Video Is NOT For You!

Download:

3G USERS:

Custom 4.2.1 FW: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Official 4.2.1 FW: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

REDSN0W 0.9.6b6: http://www.iphoneworld.ca/download-fo...

3GS USERS:

4.2.1 Custom Restore: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

REDSN0W 0.9.6b6: http://www.iphoneworld.ca/download-fo...

4.2.1 Official Firmware: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061...

1. If Updating Or Restoring To 4.2.1 Open Redsn0w And Select The Official Firmware, Then Deselect ALL Options And Only Check "Just Enter Pwned DFU Mode Right Now"

2. Once Finished, Open iTunes And Hold Shift Or Option On Mac And Left Click Restore In iTunes, Then Select The 4.2.1 Custom Restore File For 3Gs Or 3G ( Depending On Your Device)

On A 3G Skip To Step 4 After Restoring To Custom 4.2.1 Firmware

3. After Restore iPhone 3Gs Is Locked You Must Jailbreak So Watch This To Jailbreak And Hacktivate So Open Redsn0w Again And Select Official 4.2.1 FW Then Only Select The "Cydia" Option. After Reboot NEW BOOTROM 3Gs Devices Will NOT Boot So Watch This And Select The 4.2.1 Firmware In Redsn0w: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhU1zU[/ame]...

4. Open Cydia And Install Ultrasn0w To Unlock! That's It PLEASE Subscribe And Rate

IF AFTER RESTORE BASEBAND IS NOT 6.15.00 WATCH THIS, And Make Sure To Only Check Update Baseband - DO NOT Check Cydia: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOIpwI[/ame]...

THIS IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK FOR NEW BOOTROM 3Gs iPhone's You MUST Watch This OR Cydia Will Crash: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhU1zU[/ame]...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jehanjacob For This Useful Post:

adustum (07-30-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

To above poster, get your facts right, 4.2.1 is now UNTETHERED on newboot 3Gs and i4.
    Hit the thanks button if i helped in anyway

Red face Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jehanjacob View Post
    Dnt waste ur time anywhere.. i just restored to 3g 4.2.1 and it works like a charm.. i posted a link on how to do it by EverythingApplePro.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1dNq5g3Kk]YouTube - Restore & Update iPhone 3Gs/3G To 4.2.1 On 6.15.00 Baseband[/ame]

I posted his directions just in case.. just follow it and the links for modded 4.2.1 is also given.

PLEASE READ!!!

This Video Will Restore A Bricked 3G Or 3GS New Or Old Bootrom And Can Also Update Your Working 4.1 iPhone 3G/3Gs To 4.2.1 On 6.15.00 Baseband

IF Your iPhone Is Not On 6.15.00 Baseband OR Has Not Crashed While Installing It Then This Video Is NOT For You!

Download:

3G USERS:

Custom 4.2.1 FW: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Official 4.2.1 FW: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

REDSN0W 0.9.6b6: Nothing found for Download-fo...

3GS USERS:

4.2.1 Custom Restore: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

REDSN0W 0.9.6b6: Nothing found for Download-fo...

4.2.1 Official Firmware: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061...

1. If Updating Or Restoring To 4.2.1 Open Redsn0w And Select The Official Firmware, Then Deselect ALL Options And Only Check "Just Enter Pwned DFU Mode Right Now"

2. Once Finished, Open iTunes And Hold Shift Or Option On Mac And Left Click Restore In iTunes, Then Select The 4.2.1 Custom Restore File For 3Gs Or 3G ( Depending On Your Device)

On A 3G Skip To Step 4 After Restoring To Custom 4.2.1 Firmware

3. After Restore iPhone 3Gs Is Locked You Must Jailbreak So Watch This To Jailbreak And Hacktivate So Open Redsn0w Again And Select Official 4.2.1 FW Then Only Select The "Cydia" Option. After Reboot NEW BOOTROM 3Gs Devices Will NOT Boot So Watch This And Select The 4.2.1 Firmware In Redsn0w: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhU1zU[/ame]...

4. Open Cydia And Install Ultrasn0w To Unlock! That's It PLEASE Subscribe And Rate

IF AFTER RESTORE BASEBAND IS NOT 6.15.00 WATCH THIS, And Make Sure To Only Check Update Baseband - DO NOT Check Cydia: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOIpwI[/ame]...

THIS IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK FOR NEW BOOTROM 3Gs iPhone's You MUST Watch This OR Cydia Will Crash: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhU1zU[/ame]...
    I crashed my iPhone 3G when I tried to restore it to factory settings after jailbreaking it. I have been searching through various forums and websites for a solution to my problem with no luck......till I stumbled on your article. Your simple to follow steps and thoroughness in providing links to the necessary programs is not only a breath of fresh air, but an actual working solution. Thank you so much for putting this up - it has made my night. I registered to join this forum with the single intent of thanking you properly. I know you put this up some time ago but thanks all the same - I hope you get this since its been so long since the last comment!

Whenever i try this fix for my 3GS i get an error with iTunes 3194. I have tried many times with same result, have edited host file and still same.

Any ideas.

Hey, my iPHone 3G has always been unlocked. I did the stupidity of installing Cydia so I could check on the free apps. Silly me. I did install it and while I did it the video I've watched asked to click "Install iPad baseband". I REALLY do not know if that means the baseband is the one you are mentioning there., Could you help me? Everything worked fine, and I tried to get iFile but I could not. So some site told me I should try getting OpenSSH and MobileTerminal. As Cydia did not show the "reboot Cydia" as per YouTube and MobileTerminal was not working, I turned the phone off and on again. I got stuck on the apple.I ran redsn0w with the "Just boot tethered right now" but after that I got stuck on the pineaple. Now I do not know what to do. The only ting I get now is to connect with the iTunes that keeps telling me I get 1600 error (with this explanation here, though I tried to get the custom from another source and it said "custom FW Withaout updated baseband) or 1015 error if I try to fix with regular firmware. I believe when I chose "install iPad baseband that means I upgraded to 06.15, didn't? Please, please, please help!!!

Please Please Please someone help! I have found several places that confirm this is how to restore my 3G to 4.2.1, but every link I find to the custom restore firmware directs me to megaupload, which is all locked down... Can someone please give us all an updated location on where to find the IPSW file that is needed!!!

Thank you in advance for the help! You will be a savior.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A7mag3ddon View Post
    Whenever i try this fix for my 3GS i get an error with iTunes 3194. I have tried many times with same result, have edited host file and still same.

Any ideas.
    What Firmware are you installing?
    Have you changed the host files if it's for a version that's not being signed? (3GS you want 4.1 as apple still sign that).

Folks... This might help you out.... You can create your own custom firmware with the iPad baseband if you need it.... Saves you having to wait for a link. Depends on your operating system. But download the tool depending on your os,

Mac = pwnagetool
    Windows = Sn0wbreeze

Once you've got that, find your virgin IPSW & copy it to your desktop (for this example), open the tool & open the copy of the Ipsw you have,then select "expert mode" & "unlocks" & tick "install 06.15.00 iPad baseband", once you done that, click the arrow twice & then click "build Ipsw".

This'll build your custom IPSW with the iPad baseband that it'll download from the Internet.. From here you can use the other methods about DFU mode (which'll allow you to restore the custom firmware).

You only need do this IF your sure you had the iPad baseband... If anyone has issues with it, I'll create the IPSW's needed & find a place to upload them.
    Last edited by Susty; 02-07-2012 at 10:44 PM.

I was able to fix my 3G by creating my own FW using snowbreeze. It worked great and was far easier than I expected. There are some easy to follow videos out there on snowbreeze, as well as Susty's explaination above. I thought it would be something intimidating with coding and such, but its all a nice GUI. And once you create the firmware you follow the steps of putting the phone in DFU mode, then using shift+restore in itunes.

Thank you for all the help in here!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahh good stuff mate, glad to hear your all sorted now

so question
    i have a friends iphone 3g firmware 4.2.1 and baseband 6.15.00
    and i have restored to 4.2.1 a few times now. 2 times with snow breeze and once with i dont even remember... i made a custom firmware and dont remember how i got it.
    but when i get the phone jailbroken/unlocked with redsnow and ultra snow for unlocking
    i get the no signal or searching for a long time then 1 bar.. then no signal
    can anyone help me fix this soon?
    i have been looking all over google and nothing seems to work...seeing how i keep restoring ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast