Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G[S] Downgrade

iPhone? More like MyPhone Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G[S] Downgrade
    I've got an iPhone 3GS 8GB 4.2.1 baseband 05.15.04 (if that matters), with no SHSH at all for any previous firmware. I was wondering whether if I were to downgrade to say 3.1.3 could I kick it out of recovery with redsn0w 0.96b4 make the SHSH for that firmware then restore with that SHSH?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I've got an iPhone 3GS 8GB 4.2.1 baseband 05.15.04 (if that matters), with no SHSH at all for any previous firmware. I was wondering whether if I were to downgrade to say 3.1.3 could I kick it out of recovery with redsn0w 0.96b4 make the SHSH for that firmware then restore with that SHSH?

Thanks.
    if you don't got your shsh you can't restore to anything..besides the current firmware apple has out, 4.2.1 apple requires the firmware to be signed for 3GS. basically, if you don't have any shsh you can't downgrade.

Thanks

Ah, I didn't think so... Thanks though (Y).

Thanks

Another stupid question, will there ever be a point when it will be possible to downgrade to any firmware without SHSH?

Thanks

Like I've read in places that this is possible using TinyUmbrella or is this still not released yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,551 Times in 7,110 Posts

It may be possible at some point. It is being worked on now I believe.

Thanks

Ok I thought so. I'm out just using my iPhone atm... So I'll check it all properly when I get to my pc.

If you know someone who has saved thier 3.1.3 SHSH with tiny Umbrella you might be able to do it. I went from 4.2.1 to 4.1 using the 4.1 SHSH that were saved from a different phone. I ran Tiny Umbrella which had the 4.1 SHSH from a different phone and clicked on save SHSH, and to my surprise it saved the SHSH from my 3gs 4.2.1 and it also created 4.1 SHSH files for my phone. I restored to 4.1 and it worked. This does not downgrade the baseband, I'm still at 05.15.04
    Last edited by ric62; 12-20-2010 at 10:36 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

Try to dg to 3.1.3 then Jb with spirit and unlock with ultrasn0w. Should be all gee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ric62 View Post
    If you know someone who has saved thier 3.1.3 SHSH with tiny Umbrella you might be able to do it. I went from 4.2.1 to 4.1 using the 4.1 SHSH that were saved from a different phone. I ran Tiny Umbrella which had the 4.1 SHSH from a different phone and clicked on save SHSH, and to my surprise it saved the SHSH from my 3gs 4.2.1 and it also created 4.1 SHSH files for my phone. I restored to 4.1 and it worked. This does not downgrade the baseband, I'm still at 05.15.04
    You cannot use SHSH from another device. They are device specific.

I did not say I used SHSH from another device (please read my post again). Tiny Umbrella saved my SHSH for 4.1 and I used it to restore my Iphone 3gs from 4.2.1 to 4.1 and my phone works fine.

Thanks

Well your post doesn't make any sense. If you were able to save SHSH for 4.1 for your device then that means they were already on cydia. It had nothing to do with the SHSH of the other device that were already there.

Wrong buddy, my phone was at 3.1.3 when I upgraded to 4.2.1. I never saved any SHSH on Cydia for 4.1 because my phone was never at 4.1.

Thanks

Your phone doesn't have to be at 4.1 to save SHSH for 4.1. They have nothing to do with what firmware you are. They have everything to do with what firmware Apple is signing at the time you request them. If you at any point pressed make my life easier/used tiny umbrella/restored with hosts pointed to cydia before 4.2.1 came out then cydia will have saved your 4.1 SHSH for you automatically, regardless of what firmware your phone was on.

I did not press "make my life esier", I used Tiny Umbrella for a different phone (the one I saved the 4.1 SHSH for) and I never restored this phone with the host pointed at Cydia before.

Thanks

Using tiny umbrella automatically sets your hosts to cydia. Trust me, whether you realize it or not cydia had your 4.1 SHSH if you were able to save them with tiny umbrella. It had nothing to do with your friends
    4.1 SHSH.

Thanks

I have got 4.1 SHSH saved I thought I had something saved xD made my day... Lol. This can be untethered can't it?

Lol it's limera1n.

Hey x98car, you don't seem to understand that the only time I had this phone hooked up to Tiny Umbrella was when I wanted to save my 4.2.1 SHSH. I was at 3.1.3 and I upgraded to 4.1.2 and I know all about the "hosts" file I edit it quite often for other programs I use.

Thanks

I understand what you are saying happened. I am just trying to tell you your reasoning as to why you were able to get 4.1 SHSH is not right. If you knew more about SHSH and how they are saved you would realize this.

In any case there is no point arguing about it. The main thing is that you were able to restore to 4.1 which is a good thing regardless of how it happened.

I don't believe we were arguing x98car, there's nothing wrong with a healthy conversation. What I do know is that I never had 4.1 on my phone before and I never used Tiny Umbrella or any other program to save any info from it. But you're the Pro.
    Cheers Mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast