+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help phone stuck in DFU mode and TinyUmbrella cant kick it out.

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys, gf recently bought a 3gs and wanted my help to unlock it. So I built a custom 4.1 IPSW via Pwnagetool with the ipad BB. Anyways got around
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Help phone stuck in DFU mode and TinyUmbrella cant kick it out.
    Hey guys, gf recently bought a 3gs and wanted my help to unlock it. So I built a custom 4.1 IPSW via Pwnagetool with the ipad BB. Anyways got around to putting it in DFU mode and started the restore. I guess apple stopped signing 4.1 IPSW because the verifing software failed and cant seem to kick it out of recovery? Any help would be great.. Thanks!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to im2nice For This Useful Post:

gurdok (12-10-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Try pointing your hosts file towards Cydia and restore to stock 4.1. If you still fail with error 3194, then you have to restore to custom fw of 4.2.1. Use redsn0w to tether boot if it ends up in recovery at 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can you elaborate on the "pointing your hosts file towards Cydia and restore to stock 4.1" I already tried restoring to a stock 4.1 but no dice, same verification error. I was thinking about doing the custom 4.2.1 with redsn0w but isn't that a tethered jailbreak? Im not sure what tethered really is, can you shed some light like what are its disadvantages?. Thanks for the reply!!

Thanks

Easier way, use tiny umbrella , plug your bootable iphone in and click save shsh.
    If you have 4.1 shsh blobs , then you can restore to stock 4.1 or cfw of 4.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thats the thing, when I plug in the iphone, only itunes recognizes it in DFU mode. Tiny Umbrella doesnt. So I have no way to check if the SHSH was ever saved.

Thanks

Yes, you can : Do this :
    Click Start > Highlight Computer > right click > Properties > Device manager > USB universal Controller > Apple Device > Right Click > Properties > Details > Device Instance Path > slider your bottom slider to the right > Write down your 16 digits ECID number and input into Tiny umbrella to retrieve all your shsh blobs.
    You have to click save shsh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm using a mac. Dont have access to a PC at the moment

Thanks

Isn't Tiny umbrella works for Mac. I only know PC, there must be a way to find out your ECID and is always the same. If your iphone is bootable, TU will recognize it right away.

Can you not do a hard reset to get it out.

Hold both the buttons until it reboots.
    Last edited by iYeow; 12-06-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

im2nice (12-06-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I found a way to find out so I will try it now but thats what really is confusing me, how itunes recognizes it but TU cannot. Pwnagetool does too.

Thanks

Itunes will recognize when you iphone is in DFU or Recovery mode.
    TU will only reccgnize if your iphone is bootable. If it is in recovery mode or loop, it will kick it out for fw under 4.2.1.
    If you manually trigger it into DFu mode, you can restart by doing the Hard Reset.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yea I manually triggered it. A hard reset is just holding the power and home button correct until it comes back on?

Thanks

Exactly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok successfully got out of DFU mode. Here is my plan, save SHSH of the 4.1 then run restore to custom 4.1 IPSW, would this be possible?

Thanks

Yes, it is possible. The trick is you use Redsn0w to put you into DFU mode , do not manually trigger it or it will not accept custom firmware.
    You can even restore to stock 4.1 .
    When you open up timy umbrella with your booted iphone, click save shsh .
    You can use tss server to help you restore or you can just exit tu because when you exit TU, by default it set your hosts file to Cydia allowing you to verify with Cydia not apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am running 4.1 when I tried to save the SHSH it says only 4.2.1 is available and the 4.1 SHSH is too late to save. So am SOL? I also had another question, that has nothing to do with the iphone Ive been dealing with. Is it possible to downgrade the baseband of an Iphone that has been upgraded to the Ipad bb, with the SHSH saved since 3.1.3 til now.

Thanks

No, your ipad baseband will be there forever. Iphone 3g or 3gs has baseband of 05.14...0.15 and 05.16. and is not going to go above 06.15 which is for ipad. However, you could in the near future, you could update your bb to 6.16. or 6.17.
    BB has nothing to do with shsh blobs. Shsh blobs is used in conjunction with your fw to be verified for restore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iYeow is right. youre not going to be able to downgrade your baseband again, but anyway the 4.2.1 now works for you. why go back ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The iphone is actually still running on 4.1. Is it still possible to jailbreak and unlock it with this OS? I really dont want my gf's iphone to be tethered. I took a couple of screenshots of the tinyumbrella, I cant seem to save SHSH for 4.1 even tho its still running it. So Basically is there a way for me to keep OS4.1 or do I have to do the tethered 4.2.1??
    Here is some screen shots.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have the exact same problem... exept that i couldn get it out of DFU... it has black screen or gray screen (with redsn0w i get that... it has an "unexpected error"

Thanks

From the thumbnail, I don't see any 4.1 shsh blobs and the only one you have is the 4.2.1b3 and 4.2.1. There is no way you can go to 4.1 if you don't have it.
    Last edited by iYeow; 12-10-2010 at 07:27 PM.