Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS stuck in recovery loop

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

on 4.1 limera1n, greenposion, or redsnow can all jailbreak iPhone 4

am on baseband (modem) 2.10.04 which one is the best jailbreak untethered as with limerain i could not get the limerain icon to open
    Last edited by naser075; 12-06-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Hi Folks.

i tried to:

- custom firmware 4.2.1
    - custom firmware 4.1
    - original firmware 4.2.1
    - original firmware 4.1

whatever i do im stuck at dfu mode. if i try custom firmware, i get the pineapple logo and after 10 20 seconds it vanishes and puts the phone back into dfu mode (i can check this by opening iTunes and it will tell me theres a phone waiting to be recovered)

i have pressed both buttons, toghether, alone, simultanously, 10sec,20sec,60sec. nothing happens.

i think the iOS is installed proper but somehow it cant boot.
    thx.

edit: i used resn0w 0.9.6b5

i also have already had the 1600 failure and 3194 , but all resolved. only stuck in dfu mode.
    Last edited by shitake83; 12-06-2010 at 09:54 AM.

how did u resolve error 3194

@naser: you have to change your gs.apple.com dns entry in the host file to sauriks server. i think this one worked around that problem.

3194 is the error you should be getting when youre trying to restore in itunes with apples firmware and 3194 means their blocking it. thats what i think.

Thanks

3194 is because you dont have SHSH for the firmware you are trying to restore to.

Quote Originally Posted by shitake83 View Post
    @naser: you have to change your gs.apple.com dns entry in the host file to sauriks server. i think this one worked around that problem.

3194 is the error you should be getting when youre trying to restore in itunes with apples firmware and 3194 means their blocking it. thats what i think.
    i know i have done that i added 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com actually it was already there as i just formatted pc and installed new itunes. and i was still getting this error 3194. am really scared now to jail the new iphone i just received from apple like 2 hours ago. i don't wanna be stuck in that recovery loop again

@x98car: do you know a solution for me ?? how can i get my phone back to work. i can see pineapple when i boot tethered on redsn0w but after seconds its off.

i cant get a new phone ill HAVE!!! to get this working. im without a phone

@x98car: i dont have a single shsh

@naser: did you put your phone in dfu mode through ultrasn0w or iReb ??? then the error should go away.
    Last edited by shitake83; 12-06-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@x98car: do you know a solution for me ?? how can i get my phone back to work. i can see pineapple when i boot tethered on redsn0w but after seconds its off.

@naser: did you put your phone in dfu mode through ultrasn0w or iReb ??? then the error should go away.
    i did man and it does not go away i had to get a new phone from apple **** am starting to think this is crazy the jailbreak is ******* up our phones. i saw some other that had the recovery look in the apple store sure for same issue

but how come some people get it to work ?

experience the same problem when try to jb & install ipad baseband to 3gs new bootrom with redsn0w b6 for mac & win vista and just stuck now on usb & itunes logo, tried everything , restore with itunes, no shshs saved, tried pwnagetool 4.1.3 unlock editon to build custom 4.2.1 firmware but keep saying "wrong firmware bundled selected" (downloaded 4 different 4.2.1 from 4 different website including 1 from apple site)

should i hand this to apple store to fix but i hate to do that since the warranty now void..pls hlp me

sorry tl;tr

Thanks

You do have SHSH if you are able to restore to 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbychechy View Post
    experience the same problem when try to jb & install ipad baseband to 3gs new bootrom with redsn0w b6 for mac & win vista and just stuck now on usb & itunes logo, tried everything , restore with itunes, no shshs saved, tried pwnagetool 4.1.3 unlock editon to build custom 4.2.1 firmware but keep saying "wrong firmware bundled selected" (downloaded 4 different 4.2.1 from 4 different website including 1 from apple site)

should i hand this to apple store to fix but i hate to do that since the warranty now void..pls hlp me

sorry tl;tr
    To make a custom 4.2.1 with pwnage tool you have to see update 3 on the dev team blog. There is a bundel that you have to put into pwnage tool to be able to make a custom 4.2.1 without getting that wrong bundle error. You will still need to use redsnow to boot tethered everytime though. Do not choose install ipad baseband anymore if you have ever done.
    Last edited by Simon; 12-06-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

if i tell you i dont have em , i dont have em.

i can restore to any firmware i want when i enter the phone with iReb or redsn0w and then install on itunes but NOTHING happens on the phone AFTER install. i never get to see the iOS.

never made 1 single shsh in my whole life. tinyumbrella got installed yesterday. so please dont try to be smart. but thanks for the help anyway.

is there a way to shsh NOW whats on the phone and then install 4.1 custom firmware ??

Thanks

Not trying to be smart. Just giving you the facts. Open tiny umbrella and click save SHSH with your iphone connected and let me know what you get.

What type of iphone do you have btw

i will leave my job in 30 minutes, as soon as i reach home, i will try to build a CFW 4.2.1 with pwnage tool and see if this can help me (but im very sure it wont :/ ).

@x98car: no insult. its just what i was feelin, because ive never done it, so how come... but anyway

its a 3gs

when i openup tinyumbrella there is NO phone, if i put my 3g into it , it shows immediately and i can use the options. you get me ?? for TU its like there is no 3gs (but if i open itunes it says start recovery bla bla)

maybe we are all dumb...lol...i think i will just use jailbreak with greepois0n as it seems to be the best one out there. what a dissaster ohh i fogot to tell u also when i jailled with limera1n i had no more service that is when i freaked out and wanted to restore trough TU

it has to work somehow, the phone still reacts and i can see the pineapple when i boot in tethered with redsn0w, but the problem after it starts to boot its resets itself in dfu mode.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naser075 View Post
    maybe we are all dumb...lol...i think i will just use jailbreak with greepois0n as it seems to be the best one out there. what a dissaster ohh i fogot to tell u also when i jailled with limera1n i had no more service that is when i freaked out and wanted to restore trough TU
    Make sure the phone is activated with itunes first before you do the jailbreak otherwise you will get the no service issue again.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Make sure the phone is activated with itunes first before you do the jailbreak otherwise you will get the no service issue again.

actually it was activated i had made calls and restore from back up. is that what u mean by activated .

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast