Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Found a downgrade tutorial from 4.0 to 3.1.3 without blobs

Default Found a downgrade tutorial from 4.0 to 3.1.3 without blobs
    Hi,
    a friend of mine gave me a link to a tutorial, where 4.0 is downgraded to 3.1.3! he was on 4.1 (3G) and the tutorial worked out as well. he says he was able to jb and more important to unlock the phone. he bought the phone on 4.1 without having any blobs, at least i am pretty sure he doesnt even know what that is...

link: iPhone 3G iOS 4.x downgrade auf 3.1.3 [Anleitung]

i asked him more than twice, but i still cant believe that he unlocked the phone. question now to u guys, is that possible?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Yes it is possible. A 3G can always be downgraded to 3.1.3 as SHSH are only required for 4.0 and above for a 3G. As for the unlocking this is less likely but not impossible. To do this he would need to have a 3G that has the 5.8 bootloader which can have their baseband downgraded with fuzzyband and then be able to unlock again.

Yes, agree with x98car, this is isn't anything new, it will still not be possible to unlock any 3G phones on 4.1 which are not on 5.8 bootloader and have their baseband downgraded with fuzzyband.

If you have the 5.8 bootloader then you might was well just jailbreak 4.1 and then use fuzzyband and unlock with ultrasnow rather than downgrading the firmware unnecessarily.