+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 w/ no SHSH blobs wanting to unlock

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I am new to the jailbreak scene which is why I am having some issues. I have a 3GS with 4.1 and no previous SHSH blobs. As a result of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 w/ no SHSH blobs wanting to unlock
    I am new to the jailbreak scene which is why I am having some issues.

I have a 3GS with 4.1 and no previous SHSH blobs. As a result of my research this means = really screwed.

Just want to confirm my inability to jb+unlock. I am more interested in unlocking as I got an iPhone 4 and want to carrier unlock the 3GS for my wife.

Is there any way to generate a SHSH blob without actually running that FW in the first place? They are based on the ECID's arent they, or do they use the actual devices hardware as well??

Thanks

Yep confirmed your really screwed..lol j/k You can jailbreak only no unlocks for either

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moreintense View Post
    I am new to the jailbreak scene which is why I am having some issues.

I have a 3GS with 4.1 and no previous SHSH blobs. As a result of my research this means = really screwed.

Just want to confirm my inability to jb+unlock. I am more interested in unlocking as I got an iPhone 4 and want to carrier unlock the 3GS for my wife.

Is there any way to generate a SHSH blob without actually running that FW in the first place? They are based on the ECID's arent they, or do they use the actual devices hardware as well??
    You are screwed at the moment for a 3GS unlock, this is correct.

If your baseband is at 05.14.02 (which it probably is for a stock Apple 3GS at 4.1) then you'll need to wait for a new unlock.

However, a little birdie told me that an exploitable crash has been found for both the 3G/3GS and the i4's most recent basebands. No ETA, and it's safe to say that no developments on this will emerge before iOS 4.2 is made public. (Hearsay, rumor, you've been warned).

PS: You are correct on ECID being the basis for SHSH, and also correct in that a device's installed firmware version (or specific hardware) does not dictate SHSH blob availability.

Unfortunately, the blobs are based solely on what Apple is (independent of the device) signing at the time--which is (almost) always only the most recent version of iOS (there is occasionally a day or two of overlap when a new version is released). There's currently no way to generate a blob for a past firmware for a specific device at will.