+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak my 4.0.2 PLEASE HELP I'VE ALREADY RESEARCHED EVERYTHING

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok guys please help a non computer savvy guy with this- ive researched a Ton but only half of what I find seems to pertain to exactly what I want
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Jailbreak my 4.0.2 PLEASE HELP I'VE ALREADY RESEARCHED EVERYTHING
    Ok guys please help a non computer savvy guy with this- ive researched a Ton but only half of what I find seems to pertain to exactly what I want so here it is-

I have a 3GS on 4.0.2 firmware and want to jailbreak, while maintaining my ability to keep the highest os/firmware update my firmware as each new update gets cracked, also want
    to retain the ability to restore, I understand lintera1n or whatever will jailbreak 4.0.2 but what else do I need to do? The ECID thing?- and do the ECID walkthroughs pertaining to 3.1 firmware work for 4.0.2. I know I'm a dooshe for asking for a full play by play but I simply don't have the time or resources to continue researching this so much being on a workup for deployment to afghan...

Plz help

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pbguy420 For This Useful Post:

Kingof (10-21-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Jailbreak using limera1n or greenpois0n. then go to cydia and click on the "make my life easier" button. If you've never been jailbroken before, then you'll never be able to restore to anything less than 4.1 at this point. meaning the only ecid you can save right now is the one for 4.1.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alvin James For This Useful Post:

Kingof (10-21-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pbguy420 View Post
    Ok guys please help a non computer savvy guy with this- ive researched a Ton but only half of what I find seems to pertain to exactly what I want so here it is-

I have a 3GS on 4.0.2 firmware and want to jailbreak, while maintaining my ability to keep the highest os/firmware update my firmware as each new update gets cracked, also want
    to retain the ability to restore, I understand lintera1n or whatever will jailbreak 4.0.2 but what else do I need to do? The ECID thing?- and do the ECID walkthroughs pertaining to 3.1 firmware work for 4.0.2. I know I'm a dooshe for asking for a full play by play but I simply don't have the time or resources to continue researching this so much being on a workup for deployment to afghan...

Plz help
    If your intention to jailbreak is to steal apps and use pirated copies, you are not going to get any help here. Bye.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Errrr yeow, he was saying about the firmware crack, not apps getting cracked.

Anyway, to the OP, just make sure you don;t update to the 4.1 as yet. Limera1n will jailbreak your iPhone at 4.0.2 and you should be good to go.

Don't worry about the ECID, that's used for downgrading.