+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrading ios 4.0 jailbroken to 3.1.3

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
ive been reading thru the posts for about the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to downgrade my Jailbroken iPhone 3gs iOS 4.0 and ive tried a few
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default downgrading ios 4.0 jailbroken to 3.1.3
    ive been reading thru the posts for about the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to downgrade my Jailbroken iPhone 3gs iOS 4.0 and ive tried a few of the options but none are really working for me. i want to get down to 3.1.3 so i can use my phone on my deck in my car that syncs with it. my model number is MC134J and my modem firmware is 05.13.04. my phone at one point did have 3.1.3 but i didnt jailbreak it until i was at 4.0. to get it jailbroken in the first place i had to downgrade from 4.0.2 and i still cant see why its not possible espically since 4.1 can be jailbroken now. if anyone knows a surefire way to accomplish this feat without me breaking my head on my desk for another 2 hours, then please pass the good word along. thnx.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

You cannot downgrade because you don't have 3.1.3 shsh blogs since you only started your jailbreak at 4.0. It is all about shsh blogs, without it, nothing can be done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi, i've been having issues with my 3gs on 4.x and would like to downgrade to 3.1.3 again. issues include poor gps on 4.x and poor signal quality on 4.1.

i have my shsh numbers on saurik's server and have tried to downgrade to a custom/hacked 3.1.3 ipsw but keep getting errors (14 in recovery mode, 1600 in dfu mode). am i supposed to use a generic 3.1.3 instead of a hacked one? if i revert with a generic version of 3.x, will it update my modem firmware to the version that correspond to that version of 3.x or will it update it to the latest non-unlockable version? if so i will downgrade to an even earlier version in order to keep my modem firmware at version 05.11.07.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conedude13 View Post
    hi, i've been having issues with my 3gs on 4.x and would like to downgrade to 3.1.3 again. issues include poor gps on 4.x and poor signal quality on 4.1.

i have my shsh numbers on saurik's server and have tried to downgrade to a custom/hacked 3.1.3 ipsw but keep getting errors (14 in recovery mode, 1600 in dfu mode). am i supposed to use a generic 3.1.3 instead of a hacked one? if i revert with a generic version of 3.x, will it update my modem firmware to the version that correspond to that version of 3.x or will it update it to the latest non-unlockable version? if so i will downgrade to an even earlier version in order to keep my modem firmware at version 05.11.07.
    If you have once restored to 4.1, your baseband will now be at 05.14.xx, and even if you can downgrade to official 3.xx, your baseband will still remain at 05.14.xx. You will still be unable to unlock

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

conedude13 (10-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    If you have once restored to 4.1, your baseband will now be at 05.14.xx, and even if you can downgrade to official 3.xx, your baseband will still remain at 05.14.xx. You will still be unable to unlock
    i never restored to the generic apple 4.1, i always used a hacked ipsw. i am currently on 4.0, down from 4.1 (can't seem to get down past 4.0 to 3.x.x), with baseband at 05.11.07 the entire time.

i've tried using hacked/pwned ipsw's to get to 3.1.3 to see if the issues i'm having are 4.x related, but i keep getting errors 14 when in recovery mode and 1600 when in dfu mode and pointing to saurik's servers the whole time with my shsh numbers all backed up there.

any idea's?