Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This is a good one!!!!!

Default This is a good one!!!!!
    So my brother shows up today with a 3gs someone gave him. Only thing is the password was forgotten. Normally this would be an easy fix for obvious reasons. Except neither of us knows if its on 3.1.3, or 4.0 I obviously can't just update because I'll loose the ability to unlock. Any thoughts on how I can restore to bypass the lost pass code without changing baseband or version?

Told you it was a good one.
    Last edited by iphonemedic; 10-14-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

does it have shsh blobs saved?

I was thinking that as well but they is no way to be for sure. I'm going to assume they either never jailbroke it or were to dumb to save them as most are.

Gave to him and a forgotten password. Hmmmm

download tinyumbrella and connect it and go to advance settings and select 4.0.1 3gs and hit save my shsh you may get lucky and it be there if not theres a way to do it but it requires it to be jailbroke

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

:/ interesting.

Need to figure out if it has SHSHs. That's the first step.

Can't say it isn't fishy tho

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Gave to him and a forgotten password. Hmmmm
    yea i hope its not stolen

He gave it to him because he couldn't use it due to forgetting the password. The giver got an Iphone 4, hmmmmmmmmmm (not everything is at it seems).

I guess none of you ever forgot a key, your wallet or your password to an email account before. I locked up my nexus one yesterday because i hadn't used it in a week and forgot the password. I guess that makes me a thief also.
    Last edited by iphonemedic; 10-14-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well, find out if it has SHSHs with TinyUmbrella then

Trying to help here... Can't help you if you don't go see if it's got SHSHs.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 10-14-2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am not full on pointing fingers. It is just the site gets many, many of these "forgot password" items when it is indeed a stolen phone.

Just was saying, and others that have been here will agree with my first assumption.

I have so many passwords in my head for many different things because of my job that passwords seem to be the 1 thing I never forget. I only have issues the first day or two after I have to change them.

Well I'm trying to run Tiny but I'm getting the port 80 error?

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    :/ interesting.

Need to figure out if it has SHSHs. That's the first step.

Can't say it isn't fishy tho
    ha beat you that time

I'm running as admin also

So was the iPhone stolen or not?

Ask the "someone" that gave your brother the phone what firmware it's on..ect

Thanks

Some programs use port 80 so you'll want to close any programs you have running such as skype, instant messengers, maybe even antiviruses etc. Also make sure your iTunes is updated.

Thanks

Disable it and try pulling SHSHs for 4.0.1

I can't figure out how, I kill one process in task manager and 2 more pop up and there is not " stop" function in AVG free, wow, nice.

Well I killed it and anthing else and I'm still getting it, anyone tell me how to tell whats running on 80?

used my macbook, tiny umbrella found (0) Shsh FILES TO CACHE
    Last edited by iphonemedic; 10-14-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Unfortunately, without any SHSHs, the only thing you can do is 1) have an expensive paper weight or 2) restore and get bumped to 4.1 and lose the unlock

Without an official carrier's SIM, you won't be able to access the springboard anyway, so it's still gonna be an expensive paper weight. So...as you can see this phone is only of use to an AT&T user and not of any use to you/your bro.

screw it I'll just restore it and let it sit until a new unlock is out. Thanks for the help guys, just one more reason why I'm over the Iphone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast