Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade from 4.1 without SHSH?

Default Downgrade from 4.1 without SHSH?
    Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to downgrade so I can jailbreak...

I've never jailbroken before so I'm without SHSH blobs. After much experimentation I've found out that I can easily upgrade and downgrade between 4.1 and 4.2. Sadly I can't downgrade below 4.1.

I hear greenpois0n is coming with a SHAtter exploit to do certain iOS 4 devices with the exception of 3gs. Furthermore I've also heard that a person of the name comex is working on a 3gs specific exploit. Supposedly they're to come this Sunday around 10am.

So anyone have any tips or advice on how to jailbreak my 3gs 4.1 or downgrade then jailbreak?
    (I have tried the Pwnage tool and created a jailbroken firmware 4.1 though it failed to restore onto my 3gs)

Thanks,
    -Gan

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

without SHSH blobs saved its impossible to go DOWN to anything other then the latest Firmware. As apple won't sign the device.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Yes it wont work you have to wait

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lineskis For This Useful Post:

Anginkc09 (10-11-2010)

I'm in the same boat I have no blobs saved prior to 4.1 and as far as I know I'm on the old bootrom will I ever be able to jailbreak as all the info appears to be based on the new bootrom
    Thanks

I've been watching limera1n and it appears that it can jailbreak the old bootroom iPhone 3gs...

Is it safe? Is it untethered? Is it reversible? Should I go for it?

Thanks,
    -Gan

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    I've been watching limera1n and it appears that it can jailbreak the old bootroom iPhone 3gs...

Is it safe? Is it untethered? Is it reversible? Should I go for it?

Thanks,
    -Gan
    I'd say, wait a few days. The release was rushed because he had to beat chronic so it has a lot of bugs. Give it a few days until those have been sorted out, then you'll have a jailbreak for your phone.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

Gandolf (10-09-2010)

limera1n is safe, just installed (3GS), works great but still have to wait for ultrasn0w for unlock (sucks!)

Thumbs up Downgrade from 4.1 to 4.0x
    Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to downgrade so I can jailbreak...

I've never jailbroken before so I'm without SHSH blobs. After much experimentation I've found out that I can easily upgrade and downgrade between 4.1 and 4.2. Sadly I can't downgrade below 4.1.

I hear greenpois0n is coming with a SHAtter exploit to do certain iOS 4 devices with the exception of 3gs. Furthermore I've also heard that a person of the name comex is working on a 3gs specific exploit. Supposedly they're to come this Sunday around 10am.

So anyone have any tips or advice on how to jailbreak my 3gs 4.1 or downgrade then jailbreak?
    (I have tried the Pwnage tool and created a jailbroken firmware 4.1 though it failed to restore onto my 3gs)

Thanks,
    -Gan
    There is an article/post on how to do it on the following:
    Restoring to old IOS 4.0.x after IOS 4.1 upgrade without SHSH Blobs on Saurik : Anything Goes

Quite a few people have successfully restored to previous firmware including me..

Try it out..

Hope it works for you too.

Billy.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matchestic View Post
    There is an article/post on how to do it on the following:
    Restoring to old IOS 4.0.x after IOS 4.1 upgrade without SHSH Blobs on Saurik : Anything Goes

Quite a few people have successfully restored to previous firmware including me..

Try it out..

Hope it works for you too.

Billy.
    Don't believe any blogs that claim a downgrade is possible without SHSHs. It simply isn't.

The blog appears very convincing.

It goes through methods of creating the SHSH blobs.

-Gan

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The blog appears very convincing.

It goes through methods of creating the SHSH blobs.

-Gan
    Just read through it now. The author doesn't really understand how it all works. He believes that SHSH files are created when he asks for them through TinyUmrella. This is of course not the case as they are simply downloaded from Cydia. He also believes that you can upload SHSH files to Cydia which you can not.

I think the whole problem is that he was sure there weren't any SHSHs stored on Cydia and that TinyUmbrella can somehow create them. Neither of this is true.

If you want, you can read up on SHSHs here: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) and here: The Firmware Umbrella
    The first is an article by Saurik and on the second link, you can find a readme that explains how TinyUmbrella functions. Both are quite good reads and will get you some knowledge about SHSHs and the downgrade process.

All of this isn't really important now though, as the 3GS can now be jailbroken by limera1n.com - so go there if you want to jailbreak.

Yeah, kinda figured when I tried his method with no success.

Though Limera1n worked perfectly! I had to get one of my 10 year old pcs, install xp, update it, install iTunes, then run Limera1n to jailbreak my phone. I only have macs, except for some stone age pcs.

-Gan

I have also run limra1n without any issues
    downloaded ********** 3.3.5
    all seems to work OK
    This is my 1st Jailbreak so i,m still trying to figure some things out
    like how do you remove the apple clock from the lock screen if you want to use another theme?
    thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AGR64 View Post
    I have also run limra1n without any issues
    downloaded ********** 3.3.5
    all seems to work OK
    This is my 1st Jailbreak so i,m still trying to figure some things out
    like how do you remove the apple clock from the lock screen if you want to use another theme?
    thanks
    Get the package Lockscreen Clock Hide. Works for 4.0.1 JB
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Using limra1n will this work with new bootrom 3Gs?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmcrackin View Post
    Using limra1n will this work with new bootrom 3Gs?
    yes as i have 3gs with new bootrom ,,still no unlock

OK - I ready Saurik's post on shsh. But I'm still "scared". I am at 4.1, still have an old baseband (05.11.07) and want to go back to 3.1.2. I used tinyumbrella to save the shsh blobs from 3.1.2, but saved them locally, not on Cydia's server. So how do I do this whole process of restoring to 3.1.2? I don't want to go into tinyumbrella now and "Save my SHSH", won't that wipe out my olde 3.1.2 SHSHs?

Quote Originally Posted by i007 View Post
    OK - I ready Saurik's post on shsh. But I'm still "scared". I am at 4.1, still have an old baseband (05.11.07) and want to go back to 3.1.2. I used tinyumbrella to save the shsh blobs from 3.1.2, but saved them locally, not on Cydia's server. So how do I do this whole process of restoring to 3.1.2? I don't want to go into tinyumbrella now and "Save my SHSH", won't that wipe out my olde 3.1.2 SHSHs?
    under tiny unbrella U should b able to save what u have now in tiny on ur pc with 3.1.2 it will show both 3.1.2 and 4.1 .. all on ur pc with 05.11.07.. u want to keep 5-11-07 that's the key to keep it unlocked
    Last edited by customworksking; 10-13-2010 at 04:42 PM.

I have saved my 3.1.2 blobs using tiny. I haven't done this with 4.1 as I don't care about 4.1. I'm just wondering, can I follow Saurik's steps in his post Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) even though my blobs are local and not on his server? Do I need to change the host file?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast