Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Tiny Umbrella Problems :(

  1. #1
    Default Tiny Umbrella Problems :(
    Problem Solved, Thank you!

    Original problem: Tiny Umbrella did not allow me to start TSS server and stated I did not have administrator access although I did and did not have an active program on port 80.

    Solution: Use a different computer. Yes, this was the only solution I came across on my search for answers. It was repeatedly stated that newer 64bit devices might have some admin issues, so try to use a 32 bit or XP computer if you run into the same issue.
    Last edited by epaisseur; 07-04-2010 at 10:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,954
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

    What are you trying to do here ? It says you have shsh on file. If you are going to downgrade , just point your hosts file to Cydia and do the downgrade.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    Pole22 (07-06-2010)

  4. #3
    The shsh i have on file is for the current 5.13.04, i have not retrieved the ones stored for 3.1.2 that i had previously.

  5. #4
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,954
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by epaisseur View Post
    The shsh i have on file is for the current 5.13.04, i have not retrieved the ones stored for 3.1.2 that i had previously.
    Ok, download fw-umbrella-semaphore-221. It will create a shsh file inside your fw folder if it finds it in Cydia.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Ok, download fw-umbrella-semaphore-221. It will create a shsh file inside your fw folder if it finds it in Cydia.
    " This file is currently set to private.

    When a file is set to private by its owner only the owner of the file can access it. If you are the owner of the file please log into your account to access this file.
    If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support."

  7. #6
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,954
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by epaisseur View Post
    " This file is currently set to private.

    When a file is set to private by its owner only the owner of the file can access it. If you are the owner of the file please log into your account to access this file.
    If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support."
    You are right, it is not working, Cydia server is not responding.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    epaisseur (07-04-2010)

  9. #7
    thank you, but is this what is causing my original problem? I mean, will I be able to connect when the servers are back online, or will it still stay I need administrator access?

  10. #8
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Epaisseur

    I had the same problem it original worked and then after doing reading up and downloading of programs i got the same your not administrator. I tried everything deleted the tiny and started over but wouldnt solve problem. The only solution is that window has blocked it but where is the question.
    I had to end up using my sons xp computer and got it working and unlocked my 3gs . Try using another machine.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Islanderbwoy For This Useful Post:

    epaisseur (07-04-2010)

  12. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Islanderbwoy View Post
    Epaisseur

    I had the same problem it original worked and then after doing reading up and downloading of programs i got the same your not administrator. I tried everything deleted the tiny and started over but wouldnt solve problem. The only solution is that window has blocked it but where is the question.
    I had to end up using my sons xp computer and got it working and unlocked my 3gs . Try using another machine.

    THANK YOU!

    I was able to retrieve it on my vista computer safe and sound, and will attempt to downgrade after various 4th of july events. (:

  13. #10
    Smile [solution]
    Had the same problem but I solved it.
    You probably have a security solution (antivirus+ firewall etc.) installed,
    with a behavior analysis activated. Deactivate it and run Umbrella as admin again.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •