Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 483

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: **HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE

  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Geypi View Post
    ok i've got some new info. That 3gs from my friends iPhone is now on the 4.0 update and he said that when he gives a croatian sim card in it everything work. I still don't knwo if it's jailbroken. So now it's basicly only unlocked for one country. If i get that SIM can i downgrade it and jailbreak it and then update the custom 4.0 firmware on it and unlock it with ultrasn0w??
    It has have been jailbroken before iOS 4 was put on the phone (actually had to have been done with 3.1.2 or lower on it w/ BlackRa1n). Even the phones that were JB'd on 3.1.3 with Spirit won't work... So, if it doesn't have Cydia on it now (and hasn't ever been to Cydia while JB'd on 3.1.2 or lower) then you're currently out of luck.

    Keep an eye out for a Spirit Userland JB (no release date)...

  2. #262
    can i downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 if i have not my SHSH 3.1.3 saved ?

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by sergeevits View Post
    can i downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 if i have not my SHSH 3.1.3 saved ?
    There is no jailbreak for your iPhone at this point in time.
    Keep an eye on the link below for a future option.

    Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!
    Last edited by DavidIanWarren; 07-08-2010 at 10:57 AM.

  4. #264
    Default New here.
    Hello guys.
    Im new at this forum, and Im new to this whole iPhone thing.
    Heres the problem.
    A bought a Iphone from a friend, cheap, because he screwed up somehow when he was trying to jailbreak it. Its a Iphone 3GS and I have now figured out that is has the new bootrom, after reading the first digits in the serial number on the box it came with. The last thing my friend did was to restore the Ihpne and install iOS 4. Of course I now want to jailbreak/unlock the phone so I can use it with MY provider. After spending some hours reading about this I just have to ask if Ive got this right, so...
    I have to wait for the new version of some software on this page:
    Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!

    ...and then I can jailbrake AND unlock my iphone, without then having to stick it in to the computer everytime I turn it off to start it up again and so on?
    So, have I got this right, or am I **** out of luck?

    Sincerly,
    M&Q.
    (Exscuse my bad english.)

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by jrlozano View Post
    I have a mb version 3GS it has 4.0 and has never been jailbroken, how can I jail break??
    Connect your phone to TinyUmbrella and click "Display SHSH". If nothing is displayed, wait for the userland JB. There's nothing more you can do at this time.

    Also, having an MC or MB model makes no difference. I have a MC model that's old bootrom, and a MB model that's new bootrom.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by douflag View Post
    Connect your phone to TinyUmbrella and click "Display SHSH". If nothing is displayed, wait for the userland JB. There's nothing more you can do at this time.

    Also, having an MC or MB model makes no difference. I have a MC model that's old bootrom, and a MB model that's new bootrom.
    my 3gs displayed SHSH with tinyumbrella. It's now on 4.0 and i can't use it. How can i downgrade it nothing works .

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by arne1234 View Post
    Hello guys.
    Im new at this forum, and Im new to this whole iPhone thing.
    Heres the problem.
    A bought a Iphone from a friend, cheap, because he screwed up somehow when he was trying to jailbreak it. Its a Iphone 3GS and I have now figured out that is has the new bootrom, after reading the first digits in the serial number on the box it came with. The last thing my friend did was to restore the Ihpne and install iOS 4. Of course I now want to jailbreak/unlock the phone so I can use it with MY provider. After spending some hours reading about this I just have to ask if Ive got this right, so...
    I have to wait for the new version of some software on this page:
    Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!

    ...and then I can jailbrake AND unlock my iphone, without then having to stick it in to the computer everytime I turn it off to start it up again and so on?
    So, have I got this right, or am I **** out of luck?

    Sincerly,
    M&Q.
    (Exscuse my bad english.)
    Yes, unfortunately you must wait for the next userland jailbreak (keep an eye out below).

    Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!

  8. #268
    I have a 3GS that was never JB'd in the past, no SHSHs ever saved. Recently upgraded to IOS4. Is there any way to unlock and/or JB?

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by BourneAgain View Post
    I have a 3GS that was never JB'd in the past, no SHSHs ever saved. Recently upgraded to IOS4. Is there any way to unlock and/or JB?
    nope you'll have to wait a few weeks.

  10. #270
    Default pwned 4.0 firmware
    I've performed all the steps, and have successfully downgraded to 3.1.2. I have a local server serving-up my shsh files, and have verified that a ping to gs.apple.com resolves to this local server.

    So, right now, I am running with 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n.

    Question: you mention a "pwned 4.0". How did you create a pwned 4.0? I have tried using sn0wbreeze 1.7 to generate a jailbroken 4.0 firmware. When I attempt the restore using the sn0wbreeze-created firmware, itunes extracts the software, prepares the iPhone for restore and tells me that the iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1).

    Is there a different method I should be using to create a pwned 4.0 firmware file?

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaiko View Post
    I've performed all the steps, and have successfully downgraded to 3.1.2. I have a local server serving-up my shsh files, and have verified that a ping to gs.apple.com resolves to this local server.

    So, right now, I am running with 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n.

    Question: you mention a "pwned 4.0". How did you create a pwned 4.0? I have tried using sn0wbreeze 1.7 to generate a jailbroken 4.0 firmware. When I attempt the restore using the sn0wbreeze-created firmware, itunes extracts the software, prepares the iPhone for restore and tells me that the iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1).

    Is there a different method I should be using to create a pwned 4.0 firmware file?
    That occasionally happens. Put iPhone back in restore mode, and Shift/restore from iTunes again, pointed at the Sn0wBreeze'd iOS 4 file. I've done it twice now and it's worked well.

  12. #272
    hey so i have the official 4.0 firmware and i dont have the shsh files... will it work? it gave me error

  13. #273
    19 pages of reread, and a quite a few hours of retrying, but still no luck (first post here, great forum).

    I have a 3GS that has been running JB / Unlocked with blackra1n for 6 months now. 3 days ago I got in a the blackra1n loop, and have ever since tried to restore according to this procedure.

    Downloaded the IPWS from the first thread.
    I have Itunes 9.1
    Ping to Saurik works.
    Depending on restore or DFU, I keep on getting a 1604 or a 1601 Iphone error.

    I read the whole thread, but noone seems to have mentioned these specific errors and an indication of a solution ?
    Someone mentioned an upgrade to Itunes 9.2 would be needed, but this seems strange (is next step I will try).

    ** Edit. Uninstall and Install of iTunes did the trick, and restore in DFU worked like a charm. re-jailbreaked with blackra1n and installed ultrasn0w to unlock. Now awaiting the new firmware unlocked iphone to arrive.


    K.
    Last edited by knuffel; 07-10-2010 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Fixed.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by inyuke View Post
    hey so i have the official 4.0 firmware and i dont have the shsh files... will it work? it gave me error
    Unless you were previously jailbroken on 3.1.2 with old bootroom, you're out of luck.

    Keep an eye out at the link below for your best future option.

    Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!

    Quote Originally Posted by knuffel View Post
    19 pages of reread, and a quite a few hours of retrying, but still no luck (first post here, great forum).

    I have a 3GS that has been running JB / Unlocked with blackra1n for 6 months now. 3 days ago I got in a the blackra1n loop, and have ever since tried to restore according to this procedure.

    Downloaded the IPWS from the first thread.
    I have Itunes 9.1
    Ping to Saurik works.
    Depending on restore or DFU, I keep on getting a 1604 or a 1601 Iphone error.

    I read the whole thread, but noone seems to have mentioned these specific errors and an indication of a solution ?
    Someone mentioned an upgrade to Itunes 9.2 would be needed, but this seems strange (is next step I will try).

    ** Edit. Uninstall and Install of iTunes did the trick, and restore in DFU worked like a charm. re-jailbreaked with blackra1n and installed ultrasn0w to unlock. Now awaiting the new firmware unlocked iphone to arrive.


    K.

    At what point are you getting the error(s)?

    Hopefully this info helps-
    I was actually on a 3GS w/ iOS 4, but had previously jailbroken while on 3.1.2 (old bootrom) with Blackra1n (THIS IS CRITICAL FOR ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD).

    #1: I first modified my host file to Saurik Server (as I had previously jailbroken my 3GS on 3.1.2, Saurik had my SHSH on file (THIS IS CRITICAL FOR ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD).
    #2: I then downloaded an Apple original 3.1.2 IPSW.
    #3: I then used iTunes 9.2 (which I already had installed on my Windows 7 x64 PC).
    #4: I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to Apple original 3.1.2 IPSW).
    #5: The phone hung on restore which then caused me to do additional research on how to get out of the loop (which then took me to QuickPwn).
    #6: Using QuickPwn 2.2.5.1 while phone was hung and iTunes was running, let the phone back out of the loop (for some reason, a newer QuickPwn would just lock up on my PC, but 2.2.5.1 worked, though my AV package complained about it).
    #6: Once out of the loop, I was back on 3.1.2, without my jailbreak.
    #7: I then used Blackra1n to re-jailbreak my 3.1.2 old bootrom 3GS (due to running this all on a Windows 7 x64 PC, I had to actually put Blackra1n in "CProgram Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" in order to fix a fail on run).
    #8: I then used Sn0wbreeze to cook up an Apple original iOS 4 IPSW (simple process, run it, point it to the Apple original iOS4 file you downloaded).
    #9: Once done, I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW).
    #10: The phone hung on restore which apparently is somewhat expected, so I left it connected, and put it right back into restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW again, and it completed!

    I'm now on a 3GS w/ old bootrom, and running a jailbroken iOS 4.
    Hopefully this works for you too.

    Again, hopefully this info helps.
    I ended up doing 3-4 hours of research, to then feel comfortable with the process, which then took another 1-2 hours (between downloads, retries, and restores). Hopefully this information will speed up your process (though you still have to do the downloads...).

    Quote Originally Posted by techgirl View Post
    Downgraded to 3.12, but can't restore with my pwned 4.0. Can someone upload one for me? Maybe it's me? Also... I also have a otb 4.0 which has my sim card. It's a mini-sim so can't switch. So basically working on wifi. Though clearly I cant activate the phone, can I go through the upgrade process? (to 4.0?) Just annoyed with my un-jailbroken, heavy as hell, metal box of a iphone 4. Tx
    I probably can't upload a cooked iOS 4 but may be able to help.
    What model iPhone are you running, what bootrom, and what process have you done so far?
    Last edited by DavidIanWarren; 07-10-2010 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #275
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by douflag View Post
    Connect your phone to TinyUmbrella and click "Display SHSH". If nothing is displayed, wait for the userland JB. There's nothing more you can do at this time.

    Also, having an MC or MB model makes no difference. I have a MC model that's old bootrom, and a MB model that's new bootrom.
    The MC model only pertains to the iPod Touch.

  16. #276
    Does anyone know when a jailbreak will be out for the 3GS that is running official 4.0 from iTunes with the new bootrom? I've been trying Many things but nothing seems to work... I've successfully jailbroken/unlocked my 3G on the first day of the firmware but the 3GS is different :/

    What is MC and MB model??

    okay thanks.. much appreciated
    Last edited by inyuke; 07-10-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #277
    For those of you who have your SHSH on file but still can't restore to 3.1.2, I figured out the problem... at least for me. I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit and was trying to restore 3.1.2 on my 3Gs, but I kept getting the error that my device wasn't eligible for that version of the firmware. After a little research I found out that, for whatever reason, Windows 7 has issues with the hosts file. All that I had to do was go into the hosts file and delete all the extra spaces before "74.208.105.171" and then leave a single space between that and "gs.apple.com" and then save the file. After that I was able to restore with no problem. I hope this works for any of you having the same issues.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by azraeil View Post
    I'm new here and in need of the experts help. I've read through the entire 16 pages of thread and I'm getting some sort of idea on what is going on. Basically I'm having the same issue as Viceroy.
    Are you running Windows 7?
    I figured it might be that so tried again on a XP machine and it worked flawlessly

  19. #279
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    No matter what Firmware you are on, even 4.0 official, just go to the MMI downloads section and get

    3.1.2 Firmware ModMyi Forums - Downloads - iPhone 3GS 3.1.2

    Blackra1n RC3 ModMyi Forums - Downloads - blackra1n RC3

    Point your hosts file to the Cydia Server where your 3.1.2 SHSH blobs are stored.

    Restore to 3.1.2 EVEN IF you are on 4.0 official.

    Run Blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2.

    Now you are jailbroken again, simply upgrade to a Pwned 4.0 FW.


    I JUST DID IT, it works PERFECTLY. I was on unpwned 4.0 official from where I upgraded last night
    What version iTunes did u use. 3.1.2 iPhones aren't compatible with iTunes 9.2, so downgrading with it doesn't work. Error comes up stating this fact. So what version did u use?

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaiko View Post
    I've performed all the steps, and have successfully downgraded to 3.1.2. I have a local server serving-up my shsh files, and have verified that a ping to gs.apple.com resolves to this local server.

    So, right now, I am running with 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n.

    Question: you mention a "pwned 4.0". How did you create a pwned 4.0? I have tried using sn0wbreeze 1.7 to generate a jailbroken 4.0 firmware. When I attempt the restore using the sn0wbreeze-created firmware, itunes extracts the software, prepares the iPhone for restore and tells me that the iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1).

    Is there a different method I should be using to create a pwned 4.0 firmware file?

    Look at Step #10 below and see if that helps;
    #8: I then used Sn0wbreeze to cook up an Apple original iOS 4 IPSW (simple process, run it, point it to the Apple original iOS4 file you downloaded).
    #9: Once done, I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW).
    #10: The phone hung on restore which apparently is somewhat expected, so I left it connected, and put it right back into restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW again, and it completed!

    I'm now on a 3GS w/ old bootrom, and running a jailbroken iOS 4.
    Hopefully this works for you too.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •