+ Reply
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 480

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: **HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I'm new here and in need of the experts help. I've read through the entire 16 pages of thread and I'm getting some sort of idea on what is going
...
  1. #241
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts

    I'm new here and in need of the experts help. I've read through the entire 16 pages of thread and I'm getting some sort of idea on what is going on. Basically I'm having the same issue as Viceroy.

    This is what happened.

    I mistakenly updated my friend's iphone (3Gs on 3.1.2) using the official Apple firmware and not the custom firmware which I had created for my phone (bang head on wall .... why oh why didn't I double check the darn file name). But wait, he was jailbroken on 3.1.2 using Blackrain and he assures me that he has his SHSH blobs on Cydia (he remembers distinctly the green text whenever he goes into Cydia). So I was like, cool I'm saved, I can downgrade his iPhone back to 3.1.2

    Did all the necessary steps with the host file. Double checked, triple checked the ip address for Saurik's server and used my Mac to try and downgrade.

    I keep getting the Un eligible to use this firmware and what not nonsense error. Tried switching to my PC and did the same thing with the host file, now I'm getting the 3194 error which from my research all indicates to the server signing issue.

    I flushed the dns and ping the gs.apple.com (it shows up with Saurik's server ip so that should be good right). Still getting the server error.

    I'm stumped. If I were to put in the address gs.aple.com in my Firefox or IE, it will direct me to an Apple redirect site (www.apple.com/404) so basically changing the host file doesn't seem to direct the browsers to Saurik Server (putting in his ip will though).

    I need to downgrade to 3.1.2, otherwise I'll have to replace my friend's iphone with a new one.

    Is there anything wrong with Saurik's server? Is iTunes 9.2 bypassing the host file? (I've downloaded 9.1.1 and will be installing that to see if that is the problem).

    I've done the TinyUmbrella thing as well, at first it says something like me having and iPod2G registered with Cydia (which is not correct coz my friend does not have an iPod). I've tried everything (spent close to 5 hours already).

    Ohh I've tried the 3.1.3 firmware as well. Same problem.

  2. #242
    iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newark, New Jersey
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts

    Downgraded to 3.12, but can't restore with my pwned 4.0. Can someone upload one for me? Maybe it's me? Also... I also have a otb 4.0 which has my sim card. It's a mini-sim so can't switch. So basically working on wifi. Though clearly I cant activate the phone, can I go through the upgrade process? (to 4.0?) Just annoyed with my un-jailbroken, heavy as hell, metal box of a iphone 4. Tx


    Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

    AIM: lindseycholmes
    Skype: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes


  3. #243
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default 3.1.2 to 4.0 back to 3.1.2 trying for 4 again
    If this question was asked and answered my apologies as the thread was bombarded with @@@@.

    I was on 3GS 3.1.2, old bootrom, registered SSID's.. Phone was mistakenly updated to 4.0. I just now without a problem at all followed the instructions and WALA!! BlackRain installed, running 3.1.2 again. Now my last backup was today and prior to today it was a week ago. When I went to restore todays backup after I successfully got back to 3.1.2 and then jailbroke with BlackRain, it could not restore the backup file. This is due to the fact it was created on the 4.0 OS. Obvious, just didn't think about it until i got the error. SO, i had to restore from my last 3.1.2 OS backup which was about a week ago, losing any contact, pictures, etc from the last week. Little sacrafice for doing the 4.0 update.

    Now the question:

    Now that I am back on 3.1.2, can I use 4.1 PWNAGE tool to get back the custom 4.0 OS? Or since the bootrom was prob updated when I did the 4.0 update I'm stuck with 3.1.2???


    Any help would be appreciated.

  4. #244
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    All steps are completed, at the end of validation, I recept the 1015 code for unknow error, and the recovery mode persists.

    Please help me!

  5. #245
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    345
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 99 Times in 59 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Napier View Post
    All steps are completed, at the end of validation, I recept the 1015 code for unknow error, and the recovery mode persists.

    Please help me!
    1015 is what you want. RecBoot UPDATED: The Final Release of RecBoot

  6. #246
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Help. ios 4.0 upgrade
    I was in the processes of updating from 3.1.2 to 4.0 using snowbreeze. I did everything right except that I grabbed the wrong ispw, I used the original and not the one that snowbreeze created and now I am upgraded to 4.0 but I cannot figure out how to jailbreak it so that i can unlock it. I am using tmobile so I would like to be able to use my iphone soon. If anyone has some tips on how I can correct this mistake please let me know.

    I have the same problem and it pissed me off, I dont know how to fix it. I was on jb 3.1.2 and accidentally upgraded to 4.0, now i cant jb my phone. If you find the answers, will you hook me up so that i can get my phone back the way I liked it when I first jb it.
    Last edited by djtrustnoone; 07-05-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #247
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default pleeease help
    Basicly i have no shsh files or what ever they're called and i can't seem to downgrade my iphone it keeps getting an error(3194)
    I only see that connect to itunes screen. It's a new 3gs with 4.0 installed. Please help i searched every site on this forum nothing worked what should i do?

  8. #248
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hey friends!
    I have a 3Gs who happened to upgrade it to 4.0 but I have shsh on 3.1.3, can i downgrade it back to 3.1.3?
    I think it has new bootrom, grateful if you could help me with it.

  9. #249
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Yastrebbb,
    You're out of luck. At this point in time, you need the old bootrom and had to have JB'd back on 3.1.2... But there may be hope soon...

    Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!

  10. #250
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Question about blobs
    What are blobs? I don't have any. I have 3gs original 4.0 never jb. Have pointed the etc/hosts as you instructed. Can I go ahead and downgrade and then jailbreak, etc. to 4.0 without these "blobs"?

  11. #251
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    You're out of luck. Please read the rest of the thread to find out why.

    Hint, if you've never JB'd before and are already running iOS 4, there's no JB for you currently...

    You're out of luck. Please read the rest of the thread to find out why.

    Hint, if you've never JB'd before and are already running iOS 4, there's no JB for you currently...
    Last edited by DavidIanWarren; 07-07-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #252
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Upgrade
    Ok i downgraded my iphone old bootrom to 3.1.2 jb it and then upgraded to pwn 4.0 via snowbreeze. worked fine for me. Now i downgrade to 3.1.2 on my friends 3gs old bootrom, jb it, and try upgrading to pwn 4.0 and it get error, it just gets stuck on preparing iphone for restore then gives me error, the iphone just says connect to itunes the whole time never acts like its doing anything for the restore. after the error, i tell it to exit recovery loop via recboot mac, and it doesnt, implying that it lost the firmware it was on and needs to be fully restored again. any help would be great, and im not as mentally challenged as some of the posters on this forum.

  13. #253
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidIanWarren View Post
    You're out of luck. Please read the rest of the thread to find out why.

    Hint, if you've never JB'd before and are already running iOS 4, there's no JB for you currently...

    You're out of luck. Please read the rest of the thread to find out why.

    Hint, if you've never JB'd before and are already running iOS 4, there's no JB for you currently...
    mine was jailbroken before an i can't downgrade it.
    Hint, you really aren't helping and you'll probably give me some link with instructions no one understands. Like this whole thread.

  14. #254
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sessionsaz View Post
    If this question was asked and answered my apologies as the thread was bombarded with @@@@.

    I was on 3GS 3.1.2, old bootrom, registered SSID's.. Phone was mistakenly updated to 4.0. I just now without a problem at all followed the instructions and WALA!! BlackRain installed, running 3.1.2 again. Now my last backup was today and prior to today it was a week ago. When I went to restore todays backup after I successfully got back to 3.1.2 and then jailbroke with BlackRain, it could not restore the backup file. This is due to the fact it was created on the 4.0 OS. Obvious, just didn't think about it until i got the error. SO, i had to restore from my last 3.1.2 OS backup which was about a week ago, losing any contact, pictures, etc from the last week. Little sacrafice for doing the 4.0 update.

    Now the question:

    Now that I am back on 3.1.2, can I use 4.1 PWNAGE tool to get back the custom 4.0 OS? Or since the bootrom was prob updated when I did the 4.0 update I'm stuck with 3.1.2???


    Any help would be appreciated.
    Yes, you should be able to use the PWNAGE tool. I was JB'd at 3.1.2, updated my phone to 4, then wanted to JB 4, so I downgraded to 3.1.2, re-BlackRa1n'd, and in my case used sn0wbreeze since I'm on a PC. I'm on JB'd iOS 4 and all is well...

  15. #255
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Can I downgrade? I am running on old bootrom.

  16. #256
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Geypi View Post
    mine was jailbroken before an i can't downgrade it.
    Hint, you really aren't helping and you'll probably give me some link with instructions no one understands. Like this whole thread.

    Odd, your note said, "Basicly i have no shsh files or what ever they're called and i can't seem to downgrade my iphone it keeps getting an error(3194)
    I only see that connect to itunes screen. It's a new 3gs with 4.0 installed. Please help i searched every site on this forum nothing worked what should i do?"...

    When were you jailbroken and with what???

    If your 3GS was previously jailbroken (old bootrom, at 3.1.2, not new bootrom, and not on 3.1.3 w/ Spirit), then you should in fact be able to downgrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by jccanipe929 View Post
    Can I downgrade? I am running on old bootrom.
    Only if you were previously jailbroken on 3.1.2 using BlackRa1n. What iOS are you running and when did you JB?
    Last edited by DavidIanWarren; 07-07-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #257
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidIanWarren View Post
    Odd, your note said, "Basicly i have no shsh files or what ever they're called and i can't seem to downgrade my iphone it keeps getting an error(3194)
    I only see that connect to itunes screen. It's a new 3gs with 4.0 installed. Please help i searched every site on this forum nothing worked what should i do?"...

    When were you jailbroken and with what???

    If your 3GS was previously jailbroken (old bootrom, at 3.1.2, not new bootrom, and not on 3.1.3 w/ Spirit), then you should in fact be able to downgrade.



    Only if you were previously jailbroken on 3.1.2 using BlackRa1n. What iOS are you running and when did you JB?
    i don't know cause it isn't my iPhone. I have a 3GS running on 3.1.3 custom. And whatever i tried it didn't work.

  18. #258
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Sorry to bother, but can you help me with a definitive answer. I have a original 3GS that has never been jailbroken or unlocked. It has always just run on the AT&T network. It has been upgraded to 4.0 and is running fine. I now want to jailbreak it and unlock it to take overseas to use. It has the old bootrom and is running 05.13.04. Can I jailbreak at this point? Can I downgrade to 3.1.2 (or .3) and then jailbreak and then upgrade to 4.0?
    Thanks

  19. #259
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Geypi View Post
    i don't know cause it isn't my iPhone. I have a 3GS running on 3.1.3 custom. And whatever i tried it didn't work.
    So, if it was JB'd w/ 3.1.3 on it, it's likely Spirit instead of BlackRa1n. There is no JB for a 3.1.3 Spirit 3GS at this point in time. Keep an eye out here for an update (below);

    Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!

    Quote Originally Posted by jccanipe929 View Post
    Sorry to bother, but can you help me with a definitive answer. I have a original 3GS that has never been jailbroken or unlocked. It has always just run on the AT&T network. It has been upgraded to 4.0 and is running fine. I now want to jailbreak it and unlock it to take overseas to use. It has the old bootrom and is running 05.13.04. Can I jailbreak at this point? Can I downgrade to 3.1.2 (or .3) and then jailbreak and then upgrade to 4.0?
    Thanks
    There is no JB for your phone at this point in time.
    Keep an eye out here for an update (below);

    Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!
    Last edited by DavidIanWarren; 07-08-2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #260
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ok i've got some new info. That 3gs from my friends iPhone is now on the 4.0 update and he said that when he gives a croatian sim card in it everything work. I still don't knwo if it's jailbroken. So now it's basicly only unlocked for one country. If i get that SIM can i downgrade it and jailbreak it and then update the custom 4.0 firmware on it and unlock it with ultrasn0w??

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts