+ Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have upgraded my MC iPhone 3GS to OS4.0 but found very quicky that there is no jailbreak for this combination. Is there any way to restore 3.1.3 so I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have upgraded my MC iPhone 3GS to OS4.0 but found very quicky that there is no jailbreak for this combination. Is there any way to restore 3.1.3 so I can go back to JB with the MC model or am I screwed until someone breaks 4.0?

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    1015 is what is supposed to happen, now just use recboot to get out of recovery.

Recboot for MAC: RecBoot -> Final Release

Recboot for Windows: RecBoot.zip
    FSCK YEAH! Recboot was the missing piece. Thanks dude.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been looking around on this site and others for a while to see if I can downgrade a 3GS from iOS4 that I may buy from a friend. He never had the phone jailbroken or unlocked but he recently upgraded to iOS4 so I wanted to make sure that it's impossible now to perform any type of jailbreak. Can anyone confirm that for me?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How Do I Point your hosts file to the Cydia Server where your 3.1.2 SHSH blobs are stored

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a mb version 3GS it has 4.0 and has never been jailbroken, how can I jail break??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrlozano View Post
    I have a mb version 3GS it has 4.0 and has never been jailbroken, how can I jail break??
    I believe that's the same boat I'm in, I am 99% sure I'm going to buy a friends 3GS for $140 but it's never been jailbroken and is currently on 4.0. Worst case I can resell the phone for the same price but it would be nice to know what I can do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you find anything out let me know buddy..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default To point to Cydia server
    Thankyou very much!!! Its AWESOME, it WORKS!

Just for the record...
    Im using a 3gs old bootrom,
    jailbroke with blackra1n! Its untethered!
    works well on Firmware 3.1.2

Im nervious about updating to iOS 4 because i dont have an activation card, will i need to reactivate it?

Thanks again
    Last edited by zyborg123; 06-30-2010 at 11:58 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS on 4.0
    Hi there, I accidently updated to 4.0 and now cant unlock/jailbreak. I dont know what SHSH is or never heard of it but since morning ive been researching and I now understand what it is.

My problem is that I did not create a SHSH backup when I was on 3.1.2 so how can I get one? Would it work if I use someone else's backup?

I redirected to sauriks server but useless with no SHSH. Please help. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you have been jailbroken before and did not save SHSH thru cydia before no public jailbreak will work as of right now..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation NEED HELp
    Hi guys i accidently upgraded to 4.0fw
    i have iphone 3gs
    mc model i.e. new boot rom
    i was previously on 3.1.3 firmware where i used spirit to jail break also i did save me 3.1.3 SHSH blobs but NOT 3.1.2 CAUSE MY IPHONE 3GS CAME WITH 3.1.3 pre-installed

q1) would i be able to jailbreak/unlock if so how.
    q2)would i be able to downgrade to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 then jailbreak/unloack again if so how

Thank You Guys/Girls

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No matter what Firmware you are on, even 4.0 official, just go to the MMI downloads section and get

3.1.2 Firmware ModMyi Forums - Downloads - iPhone 3GS 3.1.2

Blackra1n RC3 ModMyi Forums - Downloads - blackra1n RC3

Point your hosts file to the Cydia Server where your 3.1.2 SHSH blobs are stored.

Restore to 3.1.2 EVEN IF you are on 4.0 official.

Run Blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2.

Now you are jailbroken again, simply upgrade to a Pwned 4.0 FW.

I JUST DID IT, it works PERFECTLY. I was on unpwned 4.0 official from where I upgraded last night
    No matter how many times I do this or what I try, it does not work. It won't even let me upgrade to 4.0. It is like it doesn't like the hosts entry (Windows XP) and it just bombs and fails. Is there some other trick? Do I need to turn off my firewall or reboot the laptop or something?

Quote Originally Posted by adriancombe View Post
    No matter how many times I do this or what I try, it does not work. It won't even let me upgrade to 4.0. It is like it doesn't like the hosts entry (Windows XP) and it just bombs and fails. Is there some other trick? Do I need to turn off my firewall or reboot the laptop or something?
    Actually someone online had a page that taught me to flush the dns cache and I think I may be good now, will advise. Many thanks.
    Last edited by adriancombe; 07-03-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you didn't have it jailbroken with "3.1.2 and save your SHSH blobs" your wasting your time if your at 4.0 and 3GS you have to wait.. Sorry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, my 3gs is currently on 3.0 firmware, jailbreak and unlock. Would like to update to 4.0 firmware, jailbreak and unlock. Will sn0wbreeze work for me or do I need to be at 3.1.2 firmware for it to work??? Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adriancombe View Post

Actually someone online had a page that taught me to flush the dns cache and I think I may be good now, will advise. Many thanks.
    Darn, I am not good to go. It gets all the way to the end of the white line on the black iphone screen (further than before) and THEN it fails in Itunes and I am stuck in recovery mode...help...

No matter what Firmware you are on, even 4.0 official, just go to the MMI downloads section and get

Point your hosts file to the Cydia Server where your 3.1.2 SHSH blobs are stored.

I JUST DID IT, it works PERFECTLY. I was on unpwned 4.0 official from where I upgraded last night
    Ok, so I FINALLY got it go back to 3.1.2 and jailbroke it with blackrain just like you said (THANKS!)

BUT, now I cannot understand the last step, "upgrade to a Pwned 4.0 FW" Is there somewhere I can download this firmware? I went through an arduous process with snowbreeze extracting and recreating its own 4.0 firmware only to have I tunes give me a 1600 error and fail when I tried to restore with it...

help...
    Last edited by adriancombe; 07-03-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

When restoring my official 3gs on IOS4 (new firmware) back to 3.1.2, can it be done via i-tunes in the normal way, i.e. hold the shift and restore to the 3.1.2.firmware?

Thanks

Yes, you need to download a custom Jailbroke version of IOS4, there are plenty of links for it for example this one:

Download Custom iOS 4 Firmware for iPhone 3GS 3G [IPSW] | CrispyTech

Just perform restore in normal way via i-Tunes

Damn,I tried it and I receive cannot be restore, error 3194, I tried both norma mode in iTunes and also DFU, my screen is black, not usb and apple logo...

What is causing this guys/girls?
    Last edited by markcz; 07-04-2010 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It doesn't work! "The iphone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for requested build" My iphone: Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode):

Product ID: 0x1281
    Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
    Version: 0.00
    Serial Number: CPID:8920 CPRV:14 CPFM:03 SCEP:03 BDID:00 ECID:0000034BB2026D0E IBFL:01 SRNM:[889256XX3NP] IMEI:[011951003834901]
    Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
    Location ID: 0xfd300000
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): 500

forecast:

serial 889256XX3NP
    Baseband 05.13.04
    Bootloader 6.2
    Model MB715

It was jailbroken and unlocked under 3.1.3 but I unfortunatelly upgrade to 4.0 I succesfully downgrade to 3.1.3 but is unjailbreakable with nothing. Have you any hint? I am very disappointed with this Crapple. I should buy some open system like Android, I believe!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iphone 3gs on 4.0. I just bought it from someone and I don't think it has ever been jailbroken/unlocked. Would this procedure work to be able to downgrade to 3.1.2 even if i don't have any shs blobs saved????

Thanks

I couldn't get the "iRecovery" part to work on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, so I had to do that portion on an old XP computer.

Thank God that Mommy and Daddy still use XP!
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 3G[S] running on 3.1.2 (7D11) with boot rom 05.11.07. I have even catched my SHSH in SAURIK server.

For bad signal recption issues I am trying to restore back the same IOS 3.1.2 again. But how ever I try to do it I am in a dead lock with error 1016 during the restore process.

Later after a little reserch I found that my SHSH files are catched for OS 3.1.3 (in Cidya home page it says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS:3.1.3" attached screen shot).

Now my questions are...

1) Is this the reason for the restore getting failed?
    2) Do I need to upgrade to 3.1.3 or 4.0 and then restore to 3.1.2?

Kindly help me in understanding restore process. My iPhone is nearly dead for months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE-img_0454.png