+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steps to do to reJB my 3.1.2 Iphone 3GS ?

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
hi sirs, iam thinking of doing a Rejailbreak of my Iphone 3GS with FW of 3.1.2 and BAseband of 05.11.07 , my phone was working nice before then i noticed
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Steps to do to reJB my 3.1.2 Iphone 3GS ?
    hi sirs,

iam thinking of doing a Rejailbreak of my Iphone 3GS with FW of 3.1.2 and BAseband of 05.11.07 ,

my phone was working nice before then i noticed that if i d/l any apps i seem to finish installing it the icon does not appear.and also my apps store icon has gone missing.i suspect it was accidentally deleted or something since i cant find it anywhere in my iphone

i was thinking of restoring it to my orig FW of 3.1.2 using a Alt+Restore in my iTunes , and do a Blackra!n JB again.is this possible?

or is there a better way to restore it and do a JB again?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You must have your SHSH on file through Cydia to do it that way after you alter your Hosts file. You could also use a custom 3.1.2 firmware by Shift/Restore in iTunes. It will skip having to bypass the verification process.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi captainchaos,

thanx for d tip sir, i think i have uploaded my SHSH files to cydia's server ,can you pls help me where to find the link in doing a custom firmware restore?

thank you very much sir, and also how do i check if i indeed have uploaded my file to cydias server and how to use it to restore?

just checked on cydia and wondering ;

it says: This Device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS : 3.1.3

i rememebered doing my JB and upload the SHSH file is it still is 3.1.2 so why is it 3.1.3 on cydia or do i understood it wongly?
    Last edited by tucs2010; 04-22-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Your only option is Custom Firmware since you missed the dateline for 3.1.2 hashing on Saurik Server, if you have the new bootrom , don't use CFW, you will be forced to go to stock 3.1.3
    Last edited by iYeow; 04-22-2010 at 12:19 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Your only option is Custom Firmware since you missed the dateline for 3.1.2 hashing on Saurik Server, if you have the new bootrom , don't use CFW, you will be forced to go to stock 3.1.3
    ok. i have the same situation as this guy. I only have my 3.1.3 shsh on file with cydia and i have a new bootrom 3GS....is it possible for me to use a custom 3.1.2 FW or am i **** out of luck until mr. george hotz come through..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastonl33t View Post
    ok. i have the same situation as this guy. I only have my 3.1.3 shsh on file with cydia and i have a new bootrom 3GS....is it possible for me to use a custom 3.1.2 FW or am i **** out of luck until mr. george hotz come through..
    Yes, you are Out of Luck, Stay at 3.1.2 and hopefully your Iphone doesn't crash, Even though you have shsh on file for 3.1.3, you can restore to 3.1.3 but there is no jailbreaking tool for 3.1.3 and you will loose the unlock. shsh file is only good for restoring to stock firmware.

Since you have the new bootrom, stay away from Custom Firmware, it will not work for you. If you do , you will be forced to go to 3.1.3. Since apple is still signing on 3.1.3, your hash file for 3.1.3 with Cydia does not do you any good.

To summarize you have no options at all if your Iphone crashes.

Thanks

Tucs2010: Even though you uploaded your shsh while you had 3.1.2 on your phone, you missed the deadline to get it hashed. Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 and you did it after that. The 3.1.3 hash means that once the new firmware is out(3.2 or 4.0) then you can downgrade back to 3.1.3 but no lower if the new firmwares give you problems. Unfortunately I cannot link you to a custom firmware on this site, but you will have no problem finding one if you do a search in google for it. If you are unlocked use a hactivated firmware. If you are on a legit carrier find one that is activated.

Also...as posted above me: of you have a tethered jailbreak(have to run blackrain everytime your phone shuts off) custom firmwares will not work for you!
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 04-22-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

tucs2010 (04-22-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tucs2010 View Post
    hi captainchaos,

thanx for d tip sir, i think i have uploaded my SHSH files to cydia's server ,can you pls help me where to find the link in doing a custom firmware restore?

thank you very much sir, and also how do i check if i indeed have uploaded my file to cydias server and how to use it to restore?

just checked on cydia and wondering ;

it says: This Device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS : 3.1.3

i rememebered doing my JB and upload the SHSH file is it still is 3.1.2 so why is it 3.1.3 on cydia or do i understood it wongly?
    Use SnowBreeze (Windows) to make your Custom Firmware (CFW). SnowBreeze can only create a CFW 3.1.3 which you may not want. Pwnage Tools 3.1.5 can create both cfw 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.
    Last edited by iYeow; 04-22-2010 at 06:22 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@captain chaos ,

thank you very much for a very detailed explanation of my situation

yeah i am in a tethered JB ( i use blackra1n to JB before), so that means im stuck to my present condition right?

iphone still functioning ok since all apps i d/l before are ok but ,now all the fun of having a JB iphone is beside the point coz i can not install addl apps hayzzz

looks like i have to wait for a 4.0 upgrade and JB huh?

Thanks

@captain chaos ,

thank you very much for a very detailed explanation of my situation

yeah i am in a tethered JB ( i use blackra1n to JB before), so that means im stuck to my present condition right?

iphone still functioning ok since all apps i d/l before are ok but ,now all the fun of having a JB iphone is beside the point coz i can not install addl apps hayzzz

looks like i have to wait for a 4.0 upgrade and JB huh?

Tethered, Sorry to say, YOU ARE STUCK. Do you know how to view your files ? If you do, you can go and change the files inside.

Do you still have Cydia, if you do, go and check if you have App Sync 3.1 or 3.1.2 , it must be installed before you can sync any third party apps.
    Last edited by iYeow; 04-22-2010 at 06:37 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

tucs2010 (04-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@yeow202

thanks also sir for giving me additional bits of info on this one,

i think if this the case then i have to wait for a upgrade and corresponding JB before doing anything then huh ?

thanx bro

edit:

i think i am a compltete newbie in viewing my files inside hahaha
    Last edited by tucs2010; 04-22-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks

When you say you can't find the Appstore app on your phone...did you do a search for it in spotlight(double click home button for search)?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if i search it using the spotlight i was able to find it but i try to d/l some apps after installing it no icon on the screen to confirm it was installed indeed

Thanks

Do you have sbsettings or categories installed?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no sir

Thanks

no sir
    Maybe Apple cuts you off, just kidding .. lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

maybe hahaha lol

how to check if i had it?using spotlight but can not find

Thanks

Had what ?

Here I am enjoying my SBrotator on my Sprigboard...hahaha
    Last edited by iYeow; 04-22-2010 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks

SBsettings doesn't have an icon. It is activated by sliding your finger across the status bar(where your time, signal bars, etc are) and it slides down. Inside of there is an app called Poof. It hides your icons from being visible on your springboard. Categories creates folders for you to drop similar apps into so your springboard isn't all cluttered up, but Categories would show up in spotlight.

Thanks

Don't tell me you hide your Icon under sbsettings and forgot about it, lol

If you have Cydia, try installing Category and open it > create a folder > choose to add, under spotlight you will AppStore Icon. Do a respring , it may ccme back on your SpringBoard.
    Last edited by iYeow; 04-22-2010 at 08:11 PM.