Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik's SHSH Server not Working?

Default Saurik's SHSH Server not Working?
    I have every SHSH on file via Cydia. I edited the host file properly. I still get the not eligible error in iTunes.

Here is the result of a gs.apple.com ping:
    Pinging gs.apple.com [74.208.10.249] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 74.208.10.249:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Maybe his server was down at the time. It seems it edited properly so try again.

Your hosts file has this line in it, right?
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Maybe his server was down at the time. It seems it edited properly so try again.

Your hosts file has this line in it, right?
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    It turns out my school was blocking his server. Worthless college.

Anyways, now I'm stuck in DFU mode. I restored, got the 1015 error, restored again, as per the guide's instructions, and I still can't boot it up.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Use quickpwn 2.2 to boot the phone. When it's booted, let iTunes activate the device. Then jailbreak with your preferred tool.

I'm not clear on how to do that. I downloaded quickpwn and tried to run it. It just crashes. It says it is for firmware 2.2? I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, if that helps.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not sure if it's because you're running 64 bit. It's quite an old program. Can you possibly try on another computer? Don't worry about it saying it's for FW 2.2, you're just using it to boot the phone, not change any files.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Not sure if it's because you're running 64 bit. It's quite an old program. Can you possibly try on another computer? Don't worry about it saying it's for FW 2.2, you're just using it to boot the phone, not change any files.
    OK I was able to get quickpwn 2.2 RC2 running from the link [ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93078]QuickPWN 1.5 Vista x64 error - iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad forum - Multi-Touch Fans[/ame]

Now it says to choose my iPhone, choose firmware, etc. I chose iPhone 3 G (even though I have 3GS, which is not listed). I selected both the custom and regular 3.1.2 firmware, and nothing happens. What steps am I supposed to be taking at this point?

Was able to get it working with Redsn0w, then blackra1n. Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by ooter; 04-22-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost