Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Downgraded to 3.1.2 once, but can't do it again

Default Help! Downgraded to 3.1.2 once, but can't do it again
    Successfully downgraded 3Gs to 3.1.2 but had to upgrade to 3.1.3 and can’t get back to 3.1.2

I have an iPhone 3Gs with 3.1.3 OS and 05.12.01 firmware. I bought the phone in December of ’09 so I know it has the new bootrom. I was finally able to downgrade to 3.1.2 but had not realized that I needed to use quickpwn 2.2 before using blackra1n to jailbreak (my own fault). Anyway, I got it jailbroken and actually hadn’t noticed that I didn’t have service right off the bat because I was at home and was using the wi-fi instead of 3g. It was after I downloaded and opened Cydia that I noticed I didn’t have any service. When I opened Cydia, it had to do its initial “reorganizing” and then closed like always. I didn’t open it after that because I was more worried about getting service back to the phone. I read where I needed to do the restore over (shift+restore to 3.1.2) and use Quickpwn. No big deal, right? Apparently, it was a big deal. I was unable to restore back to 3.1.2 because I got the error message, “… iPhone not eligible for requested build.” I thought that maybe I just needed to go back to 3.1.3 and then back down to 3.1.2 – again, not a big deal since I finally got to 3.1.2 earlier and now know to use Quickpwn first. So, I restored to 3.1.3 OS and tried again to restore back to 3.1.2 but got the same “not eligible for requested build” message.
    I’ve verified multiple times that I edited the “host” file correctly and when I ping gs.apple.com I see the correct IP address. I also know that I saved my SHSH on Saurik’s server because I was able to downgrade to 3.1.2 the first time. Did installing and opening Cydia when I first downgraded to 3.1.2 cause something to not allow me to restore back to 3.1.2 again?

Sorry, I forgot a few more details:

I've done these downgrade attempts on a Windows 7 machine using iTunes 9.0.2.

I also have access to a Windows Vista and XP machine. Unfortunately my hand-me-down iMac g4 was like the first one of the line and can't handle much of anything these days.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Last edited by ilyrew; 04-21-2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

First, try making sure that the file is there by using The Firmware Umbrella tool. You'll need to find your phone's ECID number and then type it into the program. Then ask it if Cydia has your 3.1.2 file.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

ilyrew (04-21-2010)

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. I'll check that on my lunch break and le you know my results.

I did all of this and Cydia does have my 3.1.2 file and then iTunes allowed for the phone to restore. Thansk for the help!
    Last edited by ilyrew; 04-21-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good to hear