Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs stuck on 3.1.2

Default iphone 3gs stuck on 3.1.2
    Hey guys i just bought an iphone 3gs 16gb white MB716LL/A Model

I was on 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked for tmobile. I did something wrong and now my phone is stuck on recovery/dfu mode i tried everything possible to get out of it but it wont work..

My problem now is how can i restore the 3.1.2 I cannot upgrade to 3.1.3 because it will upgrade my baseband and ill lose my unlock

What are my options

Thanks

unless you have your 3.1.2 shsh files saved your only option is to upgrade an loose everything.

look for ECID_Grabber and fw-umbrella-semaphore-222.
    Go to google do a search for How to backup your ECID SHSH file and How to Create Your Own Local iTunes Restore Server using your ECID.
    This will help you.
    Hope you can get your ECID.... and you have save the files on cydia..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

That is not quite true, if you have the old boot rom, you can use a Custom Firmware made either by Pwnage tool or SnowBreeze and restore to either cfw 3.1.2 or cfw 3.1.3. and you don't need shsh on file with Cydia. Use USBview to check your boot rom version or if when you power down and power up without having to connect to itunes or the 4th and 5th serial number is below 40, then it tells you have the oldboot rom. Custom FW bypasses verification of shsh file. When you restore to custom firmware, put it in DFU mode, if that doesn't work, put it in Recovery mode. One last thing, Pwnage tool or SnowBreeze will not update your Baseband so you can still unlock with either Ultrasn0w if you have the 3.0 or 3.0.1 baseband or Blacksn0w if you have the 3.1.2 baseband. With custom fw , you can also go back and forth with no problem at all. Hope this helps
    Last edited by iYeow; 04-20-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

He can't get 3.1.2 shsh file now. He can only have 3.1.3. I think you should use Yeow202 method if you have old boot rom. You can try to use iRecovery. Check this. iRecovery: Get Out iPhone from Recovery Mode Loop on Restart | iPhone
    Don't use libusb if you are using Windows 7 or Vista. You can scruel your usb and after that you need to restore with system restore.