Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!! Downgraded from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 but not able to get service after I insert sim!

Default Help!! Downgraded from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 but not able to get service after I insert sim!
    Hi guys, I downgraded my 3GS from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 through the SHSH method. I proceeded to jailbreak using blackrain and was successful also. But after I insert my Sim card I couldn't recieve and signal from it.

Please help!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Re-do the restore and this time, don't use blackra1n to boot after the downgrade process, use quickpwn 2.2 instead. Once your phone is booted, let iTunes activate the phone. When you have service, you can jailbreak using your preferred tool.

The reason you can't get service is because blackra1n hactivated your phone. A hactivated phone must be unlocked in order to work even if on an official carrier.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

Crofton (04-22-2010)

Okok, will try when I get back to my terminal, I'm in the field without a computer now =[ thanks ya!!

IT WORKED!!! thank you sooo much! I'm pretty new to all these and there were many things that really confused me in the beginning, for other newbies like me, if u used tinyTSS to set local restore of ur firmware please do not forget that u have to use the same steps for the restore from now on!

=) u guys rock!

Thanks for the help again Dhamien!