+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Question] TSS Request Problem

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello, i got an iPhone 3GS on Saturday. I jailbreak it with 3.1.2 Software and old Bootrom. In Cydia i clicked on "make my life easier"... there comes the TSS
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy [Question] TSS Request Problem
    Hello,

i got an iPhone 3GS on Saturday. I jailbreak it with 3.1.2 Software and old Bootrom. In Cydia i clicked on "make my life easier"... there comes the TSS Request.

Since Sunday my iPhone crashed... I cant aktivivate with Blackra1n, cause of treadetjailbreak(or so...)

I read, that I need SHSH on my iPhone...
    I cant open Cydia to see, if the "TSS" get to "SHSH"

... what can I do, to reset my iPhone to 3.1.2

Or can i update to 3.1.3 with an custom firmware?
    And open Cydia to have an SHSH?

THe second Prob is, that my iPhone always restart after the "iTunes icon with the cable" comes... when i want to set it into the DFU MODE. Everone knows, why?

Thanks for helping.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you have a tethered jailbreak, meaning you need to run blackra1n every time you want to boot, you have the new bootrom; therefore you can't use custom firmwares.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I cant activate anymore. Everytime i run Blackrain - the pictrue comes and than it's crashes again.

Do i have to open Cydia to have SHSH (cause i'm waiting, that the TSS Request gets to SHSH) or can i wait, without switching the iPhone on?

I've installed something in Cydia... than it crashed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you got a new 3GS on Saturday, the SHSH files you will have on Cydia are going to be 3.1.3 SHSH's, and they won't help you. Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 back in early Feb. So I wouldn't count on being able to go back to 3.1.2 using the saved SHSH's.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You'll need to figure out a way to get your phone booted. There's no sure-fire way to do this so you'll need to search around.

If you can't get it booted, you're screwed and will have to restore to 3.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okey thanks.

Can i create a Custom Firmware with Snowbreeze? I tried, but there comes the Error 1600...

i copyed the firmware to the file in C:/User/App../iTunes/SoftwareUpdates(or so), like google helped me and renamed it, but this dont help to.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If your jailbreak was tethered (you needed to run blackra1n everytime you rebooted the phone), that means you have the new iBoot, and you can not use custom firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBeez View Post
    If you got a new 3GS on Saturday, the SHSH files you will have on Cydia are going to be 3.1.3 SHSH's, and they won't help you. Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 back in early Feb. So I wouldn't count on being able to go back to 3.1.2 using the saved SHSH's.
    Yet i got mine from Apple YESTERDAY when i decided to downgrade my 3.1.3 iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okey, than i will give my iPhone back.

I heared that next week the Jailbreak for 3.1.3 came out. But than i have the new bootrom. But June the OS 4.0 hopefully comes out with an unlockfix.

Thanks, I'm smarter now

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoopex View Post
    Yet i got mine from Apple YESTERDAY when i decided to downgrade my 3.1.3 iPhone.

Your hosts file is edited. You did not get them from Apple.