Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
04-11-2010, 08:56 PM #1Help: Downgrade from 3.13 (With Saurik's Server) and update with Jailbroken IPSW
Ok, I am in some serious s*** here. I have been using a jailbroken 3.12 IPSW on my 3GS (at the time, it had the original bootrom from June) and I decided to update to a jailbroken 3.13 IPSW. Hpwever, during the restore process my computer crashed and I was forced to restore to the original 3.13 IPSW and thus updated my bootlog and lost my jailbreak.
I did store my hash on Saurik's server, but I can't remember what version it was. Is there any way for me to downgrade to a previous 3.x firmware and then restore to my custom 3.13 IPSW (I don't care about unlock capibility) or have I lost my JB forever?
04-12-2010, 02:47 AM #2
You can download fwumbrella from here and it will tell you if you have the 3.1.2 shsh saved on the cydia server - wish I had I only had my 3GS 2 weeks before getting stuck in the JB loop and had to put 3.1.3 on from apple - god I miss my JB
Hope that helps
04-12-2010, 03:48 PM #3
Thanks for the advice! However I still can't get it to work, am I doing something wrong?
1. iPhone into DFU mode
2. select the Device version (tried 3.0 and 3.1.2) and SHSH repository in fwumbrella.
3. select restore in iTunes and select the appropraite firmware (tried both pre-jailbroken and original ipsws)
4. iThunes either tells me that the device is not eligible for the selected build (3.0) or spits out error 1600 (3.1.2)
04-12-2010, 08:32 PM #4
1. Place this line 126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com into your hosts file(My Computer -> C Drive -> Windows -> System32 -> Drivers -> Etc -> Open up hosts by using notepad -> Ctrl + S)
* This procedure will point iTunes to authenticate with saurik for the 3.1.2 shsh files which you have save on it.
2. Connect ur iPhone to iTunes
3. Shift(Press & hold) and click on Restore then select your 3.1.2 fw
This should be the procedure which you will need to go down to 3.1.2 before going up to a custom jailbreak 3.1.3
04-12-2010, 10:35 PM #5
Thanks, I tried that but I always end up with a 1604 error. Could it be because I am trying to restore to a custom IPSW?
04-12-2010, 11:30 PM #6
You might wana try downgrading to a 3.1.2 fw since u have ur shsh blobs for it save on saurik..
After which then u can try upgrading to a custom 3.1.3 fw using Shift + restore.
04-13-2010, 01:52 PM #7
04-13-2010, 08:33 PM #8
Thanks guys. I tried what you said, and I seem to be getting closer. When I hit restore and pick the 3.1.2 IPSW, the screen goes gray and I then get a screen with the apple logo on it. After going through several loading bars on iTunes, I am hit with a 1604 error. After researching the error, I swapped out the USB cable, tried a different USB port, and restarted iTunes, to no avail. Any ideas?
04-14-2010, 04:16 AM #9
Are you using a stock 3.1.2 firmware file?
04-14-2010, 06:01 AM #10
Yes, I was using an official 3.1.2 restore Ipsw.
04-14-2010, 12:11 PM #11
Have you tried from the different modes? Both DFU and recovery mode? I believe normally you put the phone in DFU mode when doing a downgrade.
04-14-2010, 01:59 PM #12
Yes, the phone was in DFU mode.