+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: Downgrade from 3.13 (With Saurik's Server) and update with Jailbroken IPSW

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok, I am in some serious s*** here. I have been using a jailbroken 3.12 IPSW on my 3GS (at the time, it had the original bootrom from June) and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help: Downgrade from 3.13 (With Saurik's Server) and update with Jailbroken IPSW
    Ok, I am in some serious s*** here. I have been using a jailbroken 3.12 IPSW on my 3GS (at the time, it had the original bootrom from June) and I decided to update to a jailbroken 3.13 IPSW. Hpwever, during the restore process my computer crashed and I was forced to restore to the original 3.13 IPSW and thus updated my bootlog and lost my jailbreak.

I did store my hash on Saurik's server, but I can't remember what version it was. Is there any way for me to downgrade to a previous 3.x firmware and then restore to my custom 3.13 IPSW (I don't care about unlock capibility) or have I lost my JB forever?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can download fwumbrella from here and it will tell you if you have the 3.1.2 shsh saved on the cydia server - wish I had I only had my 3GS 2 weeks before getting stuck in the JB loop and had to put 3.1.3 on from apple - god I miss my JB

Hope that helps

jst99

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice! However I still can't get it to work, am I doing something wrong?

Procedure:

1. iPhone into DFU mode
    2. select the Device version (tried 3.0 and 3.1.2) and SHSH repository in fwumbrella.
    3. select restore in iTunes and select the appropraite firmware (tried both pre-jailbroken and original ipsws)
    4. iThunes either tells me that the device is not eligible for the selected build (3.0) or spits out error 1600 (3.1.2)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H2O-Chris View Post
    Thanks for the advice! However I still can't get it to work, am I doing something wrong?

Procedure:

1. iPhone into DFU mode
    2. select the Device version (tried 3.0 and 3.1.2) and SHSH repository in fwumbrella.
    3. select restore in iTunes and select the appropraite firmware (tried both pre-jailbroken and original ipsws)
    4. iThunes either tells me that the device is not eligible for the selected build (3.0) or spits out error 1600 (3.1.2)
    From my understanding,

1. Place this line 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com into your hosts file(My Computer -> C Drive -> Windows -> System32 -> Drivers -> Etc -> Open up hosts by using notepad -> Ctrl + S)
    * This procedure will point iTunes to authenticate with saurik for the 3.1.2 shsh files which you have save on it.
    2. Connect ur iPhone to iTunes
    3. Shift(Press & hold) and click on Restore then select your 3.1.2 fw

This should be the procedure which you will need to go down to 3.1.2 before going up to a custom jailbreak 3.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, I tried that but I always end up with a 1604 error. Could it be because I am trying to restore to a custom IPSW?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You might wana try downgrading to a 3.1.2 fw since u have ur shsh blobs for it save on saurik..

After which then u can try upgrading to a custom 3.1.3 fw using Shift + restore.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Read this and you know what you'll need: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

When downgrading, do it to an official firmware. Then jailbreak from there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks guys. I tried what you said, and I seem to be getting closer. When I hit restore and pick the 3.1.2 IPSW, the screen goes gray and I then get a screen with the apple logo on it. After going through several loading bars on iTunes, I am hit with a 1604 error. After researching the error, I swapped out the USB cable, tried a different USB port, and restarted iTunes, to no avail. Any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are you using a stock 3.1.2 firmware file?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, I was using an official 3.1.2 restore Ipsw.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have you tried from the different modes? Both DFU and recovery mode? I believe normally you put the phone in DFU mode when doing a downgrade.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, the phone was in DFU mode.