+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock 3GS 32GB - Backed up SHSH

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello everyone! Seems no one is active on TiPb so I thought I'd register and post my question here I have a 3GS, 32GB, running 3.1.3 / 5.12.01. I have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlock 3GS 32GB - Backed up SHSH
    Hello everyone!

Seems no one is active on TiPb so I thought I'd register and post my question here

I have a 3GS, 32GB, running 3.1.3 / 5.12.01.

I have previously backed up my keys on Cydia back in 3.1.2 and in 3.1.3 - and can successfully downgrade the firmware just fine.

I get no service after the downgrade, and after following all of the guides on this board and other boards, using iRecovery, editing hosts files, Blackra1n/Blacksn0w, nothing seems to give me signal.

Any idea whats going on? I was under the assumption that since my keys are backed up, I should be able to unlock and JB my phone. Am I wrong?

Here's a full history of what I've done previously, for anyone who cares to know it:

===============================================

Date Irrelivent: On Fido, worked fine from Day 1 of owning it, never switched carriers.

Sometime before March 31, on 3.1.2 - JB with Blackra1n, backed up keys on Cydia. Had no need to unlock, so sn0w was not installed. Installed 3.1.3 without thinking, decided to not worry about it as I rarely used the apps from Cydia.

March 31 - Phone was working fine, no issues!

April 1 - Traveled to the USA for the day, network switched over to AT&T roaming, phone still worked fine without issues.

April 2 - Decided to research downgrading to 3.1.2 to re-JB. Found the guides that say to edit hosts files and shift click restore, restore twice when 1015 errors come up. All worked fine, but no service issue happened.

Followed the guide on this forum saying to do it again, and use iRecovery and RedSn0w, followed others saying use Sn0wBreeze, or <insert other tool here>, none worked.

Successful downgrade, had 3.1.2, and BB 5.12.01. No service issue however still remained.

Followed another guide, and upon restore, got 1600 error, was unable to restore FW of anything, custom, official, nothing.

April 4 - Brought it into Apple Store, and told them the issue, they successfully managed to restore it using a MacBook Pro, but now iTunes is telling me the incorrect SIM is put in. The genius in the back (thats not a sarcastic remark, their techs are called "genius") told me its locked to Rogers Canada.

How was it working before on Fido, with no unlock in place? It had 3.1.3 on Wedensday March 31st 2010, with 5.12.01. And calls placed fine. So what's going on?
    Last edited by Wiltron; 04-04-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went through the same process as you yesterday. I have everything you stated you have. When restoring to 3.1.2 from your on file hash with cydia, it downgrades fine. After i did so, my phone was stuck in recovery mode and i had to use blackra1n to reboot it. When using blackra1n to reboot it hacktivated my phone which cause the "no service" issue. The only way to get service is finding a a way to reboot after restore without using blackra1n.

If you find one let me know, and send me a message if possible!In all, the only thing you can do until you find a solution is re-restore your phone to the apple update 3.1.3 to get your service back.

Thats what i did yesterday afterwards and am awaiting responses on my "sad ipohne" post.

Ill let you know if i get any news as well. Send me a message anyway just incase i lose track of your post and i can reply to your message!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Downgrade and when you get to the recovery screen, boot with quickpwn 2.2 - don't use blackra1n. You can't downgrade the baseband so it's only usable with an official carrier.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dhamien,

happen to have a link for quickpwn 2.2?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Here's the post on the Dev Team's blog for QuickPWN 2.2. Links are at the bottom of the post: Dev-Team Blog - The man from DelMonte - He say Yes!