Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any options? 3GS Old Bootrom.

Default Any options? 3GS Old Bootrom.
    Hey guys, I just bought a refurb. iPhone 3GS, and luckily for me it has the old bootom (week 10 SN, and iBoot old version).

Sadly, it is vanilla 3.1.3.
    Do I have any options? I am stuck with AT&T so I do not have to worry about the unlock, but a jailbreak would be nice.. even tethered.

Thanks, please let me know if I have any options.

I have tried:

Sn0wbreeze, it just keeps saying "Preparing iPhone for restore" and never finishes.

Blackra1n: reboots my phone, then just freezes it in DFU mode and crashes

Pwnage Tool: makes the CFW, but it will not boot in my phone, says same thing as sn0wbreeze.

redsn0w: Does nothing, reboots phone and leaves it at a black screen

quickpwn: does nothing at all, won't recognize phone.

iTunes (9.0, 9.0.3, 9.1): Says "the device is not eligible for the requested build" when trying to downgrade to OFFICIAL 3.1.2 FW.

Do I have any options? Hope I can help.. I am also on the newest baseband, but it is an OLD bootrom iPhone 3GS. Week 10.

Thanks guys.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

3.1.3? no, not even on an old bootrom. A new JB might be out soon though with the ipad rolling out this weekend though. There's always hope!

Damn, didn't think so.. but I am getting somewhat close. DFU instead of Restore for Sn0wbreeze and Pwnage Tool will give me a 1600 error instead of just not doing anything.. any way to bypass that? I saw iREB but that's not for the 3GS.

Thanks

until the new jailbreaks are released YOU CAN NOT JAILBREAK THIS PHONE...
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]