Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any options? 3GS Old Bootrom.

Default Any options? 3GS Old Bootrom.
    Hey guys, I just bought a refurb. iPhone 3GS, and luckily for me it has the old bootom (week 10 SN, and iBoot old version).

Sadly, it is vanilla 3.1.3.
    Do I have any options? I am stuck with AT&T so I do not have to worry about the unlock, but a jailbreak would be nice.. even tethered.

Thanks, please let me know if I have any options.

I have tried:

Sn0wbreeze, it just keeps saying "Preparing iPhone for restore" and never finishes.

Blackra1n: reboots my phone, then just freezes it in DFU mode and crashes

Pwnage Tool: makes the CFW, but it will not boot in my phone, says same thing as sn0wbreeze.

redsn0w: Does nothing, reboots phone and leaves it at a black screen

quickpwn: does nothing at all, won't recognize phone.

iTunes (9.0, 9.0.3, 9.1): Says "the device is not eligible for the requested build" when trying to downgrade to OFFICIAL 3.1.2 FW.

Do I have any options? Hope I can help.. I am also on the newest baseband, but it is an OLD bootrom iPhone 3GS. Week 10.

Thanks guys.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Austin, Tx

3.1.3? no, not even on an old bootrom. A new JB might be out soon though with the ipad rolling out this weekend though. There's always hope!

Damn, didn't think so.. but I am getting somewhat close. DFU instead of Restore for Sn0wbreeze and Pwnage Tool will give me a 1600 error instead of just not doing anything.. any way to bypass that? I saw iREB but that's not for the 3GS.

until the new jailbreaks are released YOU CAN NOT JAILBREAK THIS PHONE...