+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia ssh 3.1.3 WTF? 3 GS

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Long story short, iPhone 3.1.2 jailbroken, cydia backed up, added a app and phone crashed. Tried restoring old 3.1.2 firmware then itunes kept saying not for this phone message. So
    iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default cydia ssh 3.1.3 WTF? 3 GS
    Long story short,

iPhone 3.1.2 jailbroken, cydia backed up, added a app and phone crashed. Tried restoring old 3.1.2 firmware then itunes kept saying not for this phone message.

So did the nasty and let it update to 3.1.3 reading all posts if cydia ssh backup can return to 3.1.2

Well now, things did not work out as planned.

So tried the make your own server and download my ssh off cydia select 3.1.2 and get a file name 3.1.3 WTF it backed up while on 3.12 but no 3.12 file but a fiel named 3.1.3.

Is this normal? before i proceed for downgrade or not?

As well my Boot is a MC now and read can't donwload that, so confused or will i have to wait?

thanks in advance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to theguyz For This Useful Post:

grucrewgru (09-10-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sounds like you'll have to wait. You have your 3.1.3 SHSH files but not your 3.1.2 ones and without those, it's impossible to downgrade.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This could happen if you told Cydia to "Make my life easy" after Apple stopped signing the 3.1.2 firmware. Cydia doesn't take the SHSH from your phone, it contacts Apple for you and stores the information on their server.

No SHSH for 3.1.2 or lower on file means no downgrade..

Thanks

SO after some research and what is posted above have found this out:

* Cydia will make backup shsh for 3.1.2
    * Cydia and servers will help restore backwards if shsh backup from 3.1.1 or lower

So even if you hit thankyou on 3.1.2 you cannot go backwards or restore to 3.1.2 unless you have on file with cydia a shsh file of 3.1.1 or lower. Otherwsie apples servers reject 3.1.2 and force you to take 3.1.3 firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My question is, IF u were already jailbroken on 3.1.2. Why didnt u just try to install a custom 3.1.3 or even a custom 3.1.2. Beings your phone was previously jailbroken, it would allow u do install custom firmware. And the custom firmware would not have to contact apple for the restore. Therefore it wouldnt have mattered if u had the SHSH on file with Cyndia or not (although it is always best to have those there).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    My question is, IF u were already jailbroken on 3.1.2. Why didnt u just try to install a custom 3.1.3 or even a custom 3.1.2. Beings your phone was previously jailbroken, it would allow u do install custom firmware. And the custom firmware would not have to contact apple for the restore. Therefore it wouldnt have mattered if u had the SHSH on file with Cyndia or not (although it is always best to have those there).
    I honestly did not even thing of custom firmware. Too late now guess i have to wait like rest of peoeple or a 3.1.3 jailbreak.