+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs "sad iphone"

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello everyone my name is Josh! I am new to this site, and in need of help! im sure this is not the first post on this but any info
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3gs "sad iphone"
    Hello everyone my name is Josh!

I am new to this site, and in need of help! im sure this is not the first post on this but any info ro resolution would be very appreciate.

In short ill say my phone was jailbroken with blackra1n.I have the older model 3gs iphone which made me able to unlock/jailbrake my phone. I recently got the "sad iphone" on my phone 2days ago and googled for hours to only find ipod resolutions.

After reading all of the steps it said the final step was to update the phone on itunes. Being that my phone was jailbroken with blackra1n i didnt want to do that, since i knew updating would change the firmware.After still looking and referencing "Diznozambas" i attempted to use sn0wbreeze.

While my phone was still showing "sad iphone" it constantly would load on my lockscreen and would not allow me to go to the springboard.I would constantly run my finger across the lockscreen to try to get the arrow lock over.Due to a short free second the arrow would slide. When it did, it attempted to load the springboard but then crashed powering off.It did this several times, constantly chirping while stuck on my lockscreen.

So i figured while this problem was going on and my phone was jailbroke, i thought to attempt using sn0wbreeze to see if the new custom ware method would overwrite and fix my problem. It didnt of course.

So then sadened i updated to the new 3.1.3 05.1201 firmware and now am rollin a stock iphone from giving up

Ive read downgrading is possible, but not sure if it is for me.I also noticed people noted putting my phone into DFU mode to do it,but dont know how to put my phone into DFU mode or if that method will work?

Im unaware of what boot rom i have now with the upgrade, and also do not know hwo to find out which one i do have.My phoen also now shows the model under "about" as MC135LL.

I know alot of people on here have more knowledge then me on this and would appreciate everyone or anyones help!

If anyone knows any solutions such as being able to downgrade, or whatever options are available for me to do in order to jailbrake my phone please let me know!

1.Are there any jailbrakes i can use that will work?
    2.I dont care for the unlock because im happy on ATT
    3.Can i downgrade,if so how and what must i do to do so?

Just to state again my 3gs was an original and was jailbroken on 3.1.2 with 5.11.07 but now is factory set to new 3.1.3 with 05.12.01 firmware.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

-Josh-
    Last edited by -dos-; 04-01-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks

Do you have your SHSH stored on Cydia?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

soulthoughts thanks for replying!

im not sure actually what that is? i know when i first jailbroke my phone with blackra1n cydia asked something about storing files to "make my life easier" ? im not positive if that has anythign to do with what you have asked, but i have seen this phrase posted in a post someone mentioned it with along with SHSH on cydia. what is SHSH on cydia ?

how would i know, or how would i find out if i did store them?

Thanks

Launch Cydia. What does it say at the top of the home screen. Hopefully it says something like what's in my attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 3gs "sad iphone"-img_0364.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I cant launch cydia because it is no longer on my phone. Even when my phoen was jailbroke while experiencing the "sad iphone" i couldnt access the springboard at all. Let alone unlock the lock screen.

My phone is all stock on 3.1.3 Firmware 05.12.01. it is currently not jailbroken

Thanks

If you can launch your phone into recovery mode, you could use usbview and umbrella to find out if your SHSH is stored.

There's a guide how to get your ECID here:
    http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/09/g...ne-3gs-os-3-1/

The ECID is used in Umbrella, wich is found here:
    http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

Be sure to point Umbrella to Saurik's server.
    Last edited by Akamir; 04-01-2010 at 01:16 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks good so far, but how can i verify what "iboot" i have for windows. I found a tutorial by Speedy_AZ from DevTeam, except he shows how to identify the iboot version with mac and im on windows xp. Any ideas? I have verified by his method that the serial verification he stated to determine if i had the old or new iboot and i have the old one. its 27 and not 40 or above!

Thanks

If you have a week 27 then you do not have a tethered jailbreak especially since you didn't have one before.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got the ecid and recovered SHSH from cydia with umbrella! its 63.6 kb!!
    It now says i have to use terminal id on a mac but im on windows xp. Im trying to google and see if theres a download to install on windows so i can install the file. Luckily the file is 3.1.2 saved !!!

Now i need to find out how to install in and downgrade this junk 3.1.3!!

I noticed some people mentioned using winSCP and i have funbox that i used to SSH a cydia crash fix a while back. Im unfamiliar with this spoftware but have no problems following instructions on how to apply these changes if there is a tutorial!

Not sure if this is a "terminal app" for windows to be used in replace of the mac version as i am following the tutorial by SPEEDY AZ of devteam listed at:

Hack that Phone - iPhone 3G S: Restoring "forbidden" firmware
    Last edited by -dos-; 04-01-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I think you have to point your hosts file to Saurik's server and then shift restore a 3.1.2 firmware to your phone.

Lucky sod, I clicked "Make my life easier" in the past, but somehow my SHSH never made it to Saurik's server, hence leaving me with silly 3.1.3 for a while now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How to i "point the host file to Sauriks server" ?

Ive been googling everywhere to see if there is somethign similar to MAC's "terminal app". The only thing i could think of is "mobile terminal"
    except that is only available through cydia.

If anyone knows what i can use to finsih the final step of the tutorial i listed in the link above, please let me know. I just need to know what i can use for windows that is like "terminal app" for MAC. I have no clue what is close to comparison, where to find it, or how to use it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This should be all you need to know. It's a 15 min read but you'll understand what SHSH is and how to use them: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So if i understand correctly. Since i found that i had 3.1.2 SHSH hashs on file with cydia, as long as i input the command (74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com) in the hosts section of sytem32 itunes will be tricked into thinking it is communicating with apple? Thus doing a restore from cydia with the SHSH hash i had on file for 3.1.2?

Then i hold shift (on windows) and left click on restore in itunes and select the custom 3.1.2 i have saved on my desktop and it will restore to 3.1.2?

Will this also change the firmware from 05.12.01 to 05.11.07?

If not no big deal. I just want my phone back from apple!
    Last edited by -dos-; 04-02-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -dos- View Post
    So if i understand correctly. Since i found that i had 3.1.2 SHSH hashs on file with cydia, as long as i input the command (74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com) in the hosts section of sytem32 itunes will be tricked into thinking it is communicating with apple? Thus doing a restore from cydia with the SHSH hash i had on file for 3.1.2?

Then i hold shift (on windows) and left click on restore in itunes and select the custom 3.1.2 i have saved on my desktop and it will restore to 3.1.2?

Will this also change the firmware from 05.12.01 to 05.11.07?

If not no big deal. I just want my phone back from apple!
    Yes, on most except you should restore to a stock 3.1.2 - I'm not sure if you can go directly to a custom one. 05.12.01 is actually the baseband version but that's not downgradable.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you happen to know of a link for a stock 3.1.2 i can go to , to download it? Just incase the one i have is not? Its pretty much as how Saurik explains the 3.0 he mentions (iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw).

I retrieved the 3.1.2 i have from Dinozambas in a video he was showing for sn0wbreeze for the custom 3.1.3 firmware at :

"http://ww.flexiburns.de/ipod/firmware "

I downloaded 3.1.2 and saved it which is mentioned as a restore.

Let me know if you know of anything, and thanks for helping me out!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ is a good site to use. The firmwares are all official and downloaded from Apple's own servers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok good because thats where i got my 3.1.2 from I hope all this works! Gonna try when i get home from work!!!

Oh one more thing, is there any reason why i shouldnt be able to jailbrake with blackra1n, and then use sn0wbreeze?

another thing to ask is this.when you update to the stock 3.1.3 apple update is it suppose to change your boot rom from the old version to new?

Reason i ask is that i read somewhere that inorder to verify what bott rom your have to determine if you have the old or new boot rom is by the 4th and 5th number of the serial. Mine is 27 as i listed before, but i just wanted to make sure!
    Last edited by -dos-; 04-02-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can jailbreak with blackra1n if you want as well.

As for the bootrom, it's a physical chip inside the phone and it can't be up- or downgraded so there's nothing to worry about with regards to that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dhamien,
    Ok i went to the mentioned folder as provided in the link you last listed
    (CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) )

The "host" file cannot be opened and windows asks what program do i want to use to open it with? I have "umbrella" which enabled me to get my ECID, which looks like i dont need now by the tutorial in sauriks link, and "tinytss".

Funny thing is, when i tried opening tinytss before it displayed the window but closed immediately? So now im not sure that i need the ECID or SHSH 3.1.2 file i recovered from my file on cydia, after reading the tutorial by saurik?

If i am confused please explain.Basically where im stuck at now is, i can not still enter "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com " in the "host" folder because windows is asking what i want to use to open "host" with? So im not exactly sure what i need to use in order to open it to place the "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" so that i can attempt the restore with itunes.

Any idea?

I actually just read that i am to open the "host" file with notepad and then insert the "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" at the bottom. How its suppose to be inserted and placed properly im not sure. There was no screen shot for an example to verify i have placed it correctly.

I read the post someone titled

"Downgrade Iphone 3gs Baseband 05.12.01 from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 and jailbreak without SHSH"

and JakkOne on the last page posted this info. Only problem is there isnt a screen shot for a newbie like me to reference to assure i have placed it correctly
    Last edited by -dos-; 04-02-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

use notepad to open your hosts file

just like this

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    Last edited by mj0528; 04-02-2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost