Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
3G[S] Downgradingforums, a part of the
Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgradingsection;
I brought a iphone on ebay with the below version : version is 3.1.3. fw is 05.12.01 Now when I try to use my t-mobile prepaid, it says no service,...
03-31-2010, 10:57 AM #1when is the new jb/unlock coming for 3.1.3
I brought a iphone on ebay with the below version :
version is 3.1.3.
fw is 05.12.01
Now when I try to use my t-mobile prepaid, it says no service, so when i try to jb using redn0w and ultrasn0w, the version remains the same, nor are my ssh's with saurik.
So i guess have to wait till the next jb for 3.1.3 and 5.12.01 comes oout, so i can start using my iphone.
The guy on ebay tricked me saying it is 3.1.2, so i am in a limbo.
03-31-2010, 11:09 AM #2
u just have to wait
03-31-2010, 11:14 AM #3
Jailbreak should be coming soon as there are now 3 people/groups (geohot, chronicDev (greenp0ison), and recently a userland jailbreak [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7DU8XMKWRE]YouTube - spirit[/ame] all for 3.1.3 new bootroms. The unlock is yet to b determined as the new 3.2 firmware might update the baseband again.. and the new iPhone with OS 4.0 will most likely update the baseband AGAIN.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
03-31-2010, 02:57 PM #4
Sorry for the stupid question, but I have a 1st gen 3GS on 3.1.3/5.12.01 and no SHSH saved.
Must I wait also?
03-31-2010, 03:03 PM #5
03-31-2010, 03:15 PM #6
In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:
03-31-2010, 07:07 PM #7
Thanks for clearing it up
03-31-2010, 09:11 PM #8
so here are my details :
version is 3.1.3.
fw is 05.12.01
I already did a jailbreak using resn0w and then unlock with ultrasn0w, i used the custom fw of 3.1.2 mentioned by redmond pie..
But still it is stuck on 3.1.3
Can i still jb if i do it again using any other method for my boot rom and boot version ?
03-31-2010, 10:01 PM #9
04-01-2010, 02:03 AM #10
is 3 (or 4) april is the predicted date of release of the new JB ?
04-01-2010, 02:35 AM #11
04-01-2010, 08:37 AM #12
am i screwed 4ever.
Last edited by kmurali70; 04-01-2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
04-01-2010, 09:53 AM #13
04-01-2010, 04:19 PM #14
i am very very tired and boring while waiting jb and ul for 3gs .. life is bad without iphone..
04-02-2010, 03:25 AM #15
3.2 should be released any day now, and hopefully within a week you will be able to JB, fortnight at most... just wait...
04-03-2010, 12:44 AM #16
Nah 3.1.4 is coming long before 3.2, LoL
iPad as an immediate firmware update upon arrival (imagine that ****).
04-03-2010, 04:37 AM #17
the iBoot for a 3g doesn't affect jailbreaking only on the 3gs...you can jailbreak any firmware on a 3g...since your baseband is updated to 05.12.01 you can not unlock it anymore but should still be able to jailbreak...redsn0w 0.9.2 and an official 3.1.2 firmware...when redsn0w ask for the ipsw just point it at the 3.1.2 (even though you are actually jailbreaking 3.1.3)
Last edited by j3st3r; 04-03-2010 at 04:40 AM.In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
04-03-2010, 04:45 AM #18
04-03-2010, 08:59 PM #19
--I have a 3g. so why is my boot version so unique (596.24) instead of what you guys are quoting - 359.24 ,.3...2. and so on.--
If you have a 3g you should have no problem downgrading and jailbreaking. Unlocking is another story since you can't downgrade the firmware.
04-03-2010, 09:20 PM #20
I asked about the iBoot because this is the 3GS Downgrading Forum and the 3gs has only 2 different iBoots 359.3 and 359.3.2...the iBoot has no effect on a 3g only the 3GS
nevermind...I see you were quoting some else...sorry for the confusion
Last edited by j3st3r; 04-03-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost