Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Help needed-PLEASE

Unhappy 3GS Help needed-PLEASE
    Hi,

I've been all over the internet and still cant get my iphone 3gs working the way I want.

Long story short it crashed and I had to restore it to 3.1.3

So I Have a 3GS
    Network Not Available
    Version: 3.1.2 (7D11)
    Serial Number: XXX31XXXX
    Model MC131B
    Model FW: 05.12.01

I get the 1015 error when downgrading so I belive that means I have something saved on the Cydia Server?

I had it working fine until I used PKG Backup and it crashed and since then I can't get my official Carrier O2 back...so I've a jailbroken iphone that won't make calls!!

I've tried lots of different ways-last one was to restore shift the 3.1.2 fw twice after 1015 error on 2nd attempt,press ok, open quickpwn 22, hold pwr/home for 15 secs, then open up blackra1n rc3 and still NO Service

Any Advise would mean I might be able to sleep again.

Thanks in Advance.

Email [email protected]

Regards

JK

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try to use iRecovery if you get 1015 error.
    Take a look iRecovery: Get Out iPhone from Recovery Mode Loop on Restart | iPhone
    You need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) which you can get from
    Download Confirmation

Thanks I'll give it a go...am I wasting my time at this stage...an I jailbreak this phone again and have the phone side working?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, you can restore to 3.1.2 and jailbreak it. SIM unlock won't work, but I see you don't need it, because you are using official carrier.
    So try to restore your iPhone. Then you get 1015 error don't press OK. Just use iRecovery.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Myplagu3 For This Useful Post:

johnnyk5679 (03-31-2010)

Thanks for that...running into some issues...apologies I forgot to mention i have windows 7...can't get irecovery working yet!

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you're using Windows 7, don't use libUSB. Your USB will be screwed. Try to get somewhere on Windows XP.

ok i got the irecovery and it found the iphone, i typed in the commands and now i held pwr and home for 10 seconds and it has woken up. back to the piture of connecting to itunes and it says to insert a valid sim and unlock...do I just do that?

My Friend all I can say is thnks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 4 days all feck all sleep, Its finally working!

MAny Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards

JK
    Last edited by johnnyk5679; 03-31-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyk5679 View Post
    ok i got the irecovery and it found the iphone, i typed in the commands and now i held pwr and home for 10 seconds and it has woken up. back to the piture of connecting to itunes and it says to insert a valid sim and unlock...do I just do that?

My Friend all I can say is thnks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 4 days all feck all sleep, Its finally working!

MAny Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards

JK
    How did you end up booting the phone after you had restored and it was on the 'connect to iTunes'-logo?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, you can do that if you want to. Or you can just jailbreak your phone with blackra1n or redsn0w. Take a look to tutorials.
    Dhamien, that was a last stage than you need insert SIM card to activate your iPhone trought iTunes.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Myplagu3 View Post
    Yes, you can do that if you want to. Or you can just jailbreak your phone with blackra1n or redsn0w. Take a look to tutorials.
    Dhamien, that was a last stage than you need insert SIM card to activate your iPhone trought iTunes.
    I meant, after the downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 the phone gets stuck in recovery mode. How do you get the phone booted from there?