+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with 3.1.2 firmware

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I just bought a 3gs iphone with firmware 3.1.2 off of somebody. They had the phone unlocked to use with t-mobile. I was trying to jailbreak with blackra1n and it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help with 3.1.2 firmware
    I just bought a 3gs iphone with firmware 3.1.2 off of somebody. They had the phone unlocked to use with t-mobile. I was trying to jailbreak with blackra1n and it just reboots without installing the blackrain icon. (maybe because it was already done to install blacksnow) Long story short, i wanna get cydia back on my phone. I tried restoring with itunes 3.1.2, but it wont let me. this phone does not have anything on file with cydia. how can i add cydia to this phone that is currently unlocked?

thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If it's software unlocked, then it's also already jailbroken and it sounds like it was done with blackra1n since the icon isn't installed when you run the program. Do you have any apps that can't be installed through the Apple App Store? Do you have mobile terminal? Rock? Do you know if OpenSSH is installed?

You can try adding Cydia with redsn0w 0.9.2 - just make sure that when you're in the redsn0w program, only check 'install cydia'. If you can't get it to give you that option, don't run redsn0w. You also need to find out if your phone has the old or new bootrom before trying that program.

redsn0w here: http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:rs9
    Last edited by dhamien; 03-31-2010 at 12:53 PM.