+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn 22 not recognizing iphone 3GS

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello, To make it short: iphone 3GS running 3.1.2 crashed. Had to upgrade to 3.1.3. Have a SHSH saved on Sauriks server. Downloaded ipsw, restored while in DFU, and again
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default QuickPwn 22 not recognizing iphone 3GS
    Hello,

To make it short: iphone 3GS running 3.1.2 crashed. Had to upgrade to 3.1.3. Have a SHSH saved on Sauriks server.

Downloaded ipsw, restored while in DFU, and again while in recovery. Afterwards while in recovery I open quickpwn and it doesn't recognize my iphone being connected. It's recognized in itunes.

I've noticed others mentioning the same problem but no solution.

is there one? I'm running vista -

Please help.

Thanks

if your saved shsh is for 3.1.2 you will first have to restore to official 3.1.2 and then jailbreak using redsn0w or blackra1n...since you have already updated to 3.1.3 you will no longer be able to unlock your phone though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    if your saved shsh is for 3.1.2 you will first have to restore to official 3.1.2 and then jailbreak using redsn0w or blackra1n...since you have already updated to 3.1.3 you will no longer be able to unlock your phone though
    I did a restore to an official 3.1.2 ipsw.

Would unlock be an issue when I'm on AT&T?

So I should just use blackrain? I'm just worried about not getting my phone service as that's been the case the last 5 times I've attempted to downgrade.

Thanks

unlocking is not an issued for use on AT&T...try using redsn0w instead of blackra1n

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    unlocking is not an issued for use on AT&T...try using redsn0w instead of blackra1n
    Just used blackra1n and while it got me out of recovery and jailbroken, I'm left with no AT&T service.

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GiBella View Post
    Just used blackra1n and while it got me out of recovery and jailbroken, I'm left with no AT&T service.
    It's because blackra1n hactivates your device. That's the cause of no service. Try restoring again and then use redsn0w 0.9.2 to jailbreak.

You can download it here: redsn0w 0.9.2 [iPhone Dev Team]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Redsnow hasn't worked. I know its stayed frozen. I've tried the pineapple one and thats stayed frozen on me while trying to initialize something..

I've given up these past few days but figured hell, its Friday and I've nothing to do. I shall give this *another try.

Redsn0w stays on "Installing Activation Bundles."

Update: Redsn0w actually just took a really long time to finish and was never really frozen. Only problem is that when its done, its still on recovery.
    Last edited by GiBella; 03-26-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Redsnow hasn't worked. I know its stayed frozen. I've tried the pineapple one and thats stayed frozen on me while trying to initialize something..

I've given up these past few days but figured hell, its Friday and I've nothing to do. I shall give this *another try.

Redsn0w stays on "Installing Activation Bundles."

Update: Redsn0w actually just took a really long time to finish and was never really frozen. Only problem is that when its done, its still on recovery.
    What version are you using?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    0.9.2 - the one given above.

I'm just about ready to throw in the towel. My fingers are sore from constantly throwing my phone into DFU... lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

When you were jailbroken, did you have a tethered or an untethered jailbreak? Were you able to boot without running blackra1n/redsn0w?

What option (yes/no) are you choosing in redsn0w when it asks about your bootrom?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was jailbroken with blackra1n, booted just fine.

I'm choosing yes, I have one of the newer bootroms.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you didn't need to run blackra1n every time you wanted to boot/turn on your phone, you have an old bootrom. Maybe that's what's going wrong, that you're choosing the wrong option in redsn0w.

Also, if you do have the old bootrom, and you can't get redsn0w to work, you can use pwnagetool to make a custom firmware and restore to that. If you can get that restore, you're certain to get a working phone.

The reason I'm also suspecting your phone is an old bootrom phone is because your info says firmware 3.0.1 - if a 3GS phone has ever been on 3.0.x, it's certain that it has the old bootrom.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Like OMG! I thought it went by the 5th & 6th numbers of my serial!!! It goes by the 4th & 5th!!! This is good right?!
    Pwnagetool for windows? Would that be better than Sn0wbreeze?
    Going to get the ball rolling thanks to you dhamien, you Rock!!
    Last edited by GiBella; 03-26-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Pwnagetool is only for mac but it is better than sn0wbreeze. Though if there's no way for you to get to mac, I guess you could use it.

You can also just restore to a fresh 3.1.2 and try redsn0w again, this time choosing 'no' when asked if it's the new bootrom. That should also work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Pwnagetool is only for mac but it is better than sn0wbreeze. Though if there's no way for you to get to mac, I guess you could use it.

You can also just restore to a fresh 3.1.2 and try redsn0w again, this time choosing 'no' when asked if it's the new bootrom. That should also work.
    Tried it with a fresh 3.1.2 with Redsn0w and it went through the processes without error except it reboots back to recovery.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Tried it with a fresh 3.1.2 with Redsn0w and it went through the processes without error except it reboots back to recovery.
    Odd. Well, I guess it's time for a custom firmware then. I personally recommend pwnagetool over sn0wbreeze. If you don't have access to a mac, you can google for one already made. Just make sure to get one that is unactivated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    error 1600 with a restore using the custom unactivated 3.1.2 =[

Wish I had a mac.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did you try from both recovery and DFU mode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I learned that may be a solution for some and tried it and I got a 1604 error with recovery and 1600 with DFU.

Just started this one up 3.1.3 3GS 5.12.01 old boot downgrade to 3.1.2

I need to know if its possible and if anyone has succeeded.