+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For all users trying to jailbreak 3.1.3 using hosts file trick

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
For all those users that are following the document on jailbreaking 3.1.3 3gs iphones by modding the hosts file in your c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc Please note I have spent countless hours trying
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Cool For all users trying to jailbreak 3.1.3 using hosts file trick
    For all those users that are following the document on jailbreaking 3.1.3 3gs iphones by modding the hosts file in your c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc

Please note I have spent countless hours trying different variations on how to do this and with pretty much a 100% failure. At no stage was I able to get the 1015 error until I completed the following steps

When adding the saurik ip to the hosts file, you must and I repeat must, enter the ip address then tab x3 then enter gs.apple.com.

Now prior to attempting to restore with itunes, restart your pc. It is essential that you do this before continuing otherwise itunes will not accept the new server ip and be stuck in the "trying to verify with apple message.

Once you get the 1015 message, completely close down itunes.

Use quickpwn22 to get out of recovery loop, the message will say
    hold down home and power for 15 sec and the power for 2 sec

You will now now need to open itunes and activate iphone, but do not update with carrier settings just exit and jailbreak using any of the available 3.1.2 methods

Cheers guys, I hope it helps, as I had almost given up all hope of jailbreaking and this last step was the only different one I made and the only successful attempt at jailbreak

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dennol For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (03-14-2010)

Thanks

Default Question
    I got my 3GS early February, had cydia for 2 days. Got stuck in recovery mode and had to restore to 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01. I clicked the backup to sauriks server in cydia, but dont know if it was actually backed up. I used umbrella.jar and couldnt find 3.1.2 shsh on apple or saurik server.......Is there a chance it could have gotten backed up to Saurik? I am on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. Thanks in advance everyone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You don't actually need to press the tab key three times. That's closing in on superstition.