Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 3GS from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 & activate with iTunes

Default Downgrade 3GS from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 & activate with iTunes
    OK here is the method to activate your iPhone with iTunes if you have a factory unlocked iphone after downgrading to 3.1.2

1. Downgrade using method described here [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

2. Jailbreak with redsn0w (It will hacktivate your phone & you will have no signal)

3. Now restore again using custom ipsw of 3.1.2 made using no activation option

4. Restore will finish normally now (without any 1015 error) & iTunes will normally activate your iphone.. Enjoy :-)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That doesn't work for phones with the new bootrom, which the majority of people have. Just saying.

Fow windows users (sorry OSX guys, borrow a friends REAL computer), using QuickPwn 2.2 after step one to pull it out of recovery mode is easier, faster, and works with all 3G[S] unlike the custom firmware.

1. Downgrade
    2. QuickPwn
    3. Activate
    4. redsn0w

I'm with you looi3, when I hit the 1015 error I ram Quickpwm2.2 then backed up n synced, and Blackra1ned, worked like magic

is quickpwn 2.2 is compatible in 3GS with old bootrom?

Yep, mines week 36, old bootrom, worked a treat,I just blackra1ned it after restore from back up and syc and then welcomed Cydia back with open arms

I never had my phone jailbroken and I now have 3.1.3, how can I downgrade as it asks for an old schh?

You cant
    Keithsta

No afraid you can't.