Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jailbroke 3.1.3 3GS with old bootrom and tethering enabled! Pictures!!

  1. #1
    Default Jailbroke 3.1.3 3GS with old bootrom and tethering enabled! Pictures!!
    This really worked. I have set up a thread to explain how because I know how frustrating it is to jailbreak a 3GS 3.1.3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0137.png   -img_0138.png   -img_0139.png  

  2. #2
    CHUCK-TASTIC battlecrushr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houston follow @al_da_beast
    Posts
    7,940
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

    so whats the point




    Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

    unaslan (02-19-2010)

  4. #3
    what makes this the old bootrom? the 4th and 5th digits? I keep hearing the MC bootrom/model is NOT jailbreakable. Please let me know if I'm in the wrong.

  5. #4
    CHUCK-TASTIC battlecrushr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houston follow @al_da_beast
    Posts
    7,940
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

    ya it is not jailbroken




    Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

    unaslan (02-19-2010)

  7. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by phattbam View Post
    what makes this the old bootrom? the 4th and 5th digits? I keep hearing the MC bootrom/model is NOT jailbreakable. Please let me know if I'm in the wrong.
    Jailbreakable or not has nothing to do with the bootrom. Bootrom does however affect whether it'll be tethered or not.

    The MC thing doesn't go for iPhone 3GS. It only goes for ipt2g.

  8. #6
    oh... hmmm Im' going to try to JB mine today

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by iFone_Inpho View Post
    This really worked. I have set up a thread to explain how because I know how frustrating it is to jailbreak a 3GS 3.1.3
    So... how is it done? Would you mind sharing?

  10. #8
    Sorry. I forgot to add the link to my thread. Here it is. If you try and you get stuck let me know. If you have a 3GS with old bootrom and don't need an unlock. This will work. How to jailbreak iphone 3.1.3 3GS

    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Jailbreakable or not has nothing to do with the bootrom. Bootrom does however affect whether it'll be tethered or not.

    The MC thing doesn't go for iPhone 3GS. It only goes for ipt2g.
    I'm pretty sure that a 3GS with the new bootrom is not jailbreakable. I have not seen anyone who has done it. There have been people that claim they have but didn't realize that it was the old bootrom.
    Last edited by iFone_Inpho; 02-18-2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iFone_Inpho View Post
    I'm pretty sure that a 3GS with the new bootrom is not jailbreakable. I have not seen anyone who has done it. There have been people that claim they have but didn't realize that it was the old bootrom.
    Any 3GS, new or old bootrom is not jailbreakable on 3.1.3

    Any 3GS, new or old bootrom is jailbreakable on 3.1.2 and lower.

    The bootrom simply decides whether you need to plug your phone into your computer every time you need to boot up.

    edit: just to add, old bootrom phones can accept custom firmwares whereas new bootrom can not.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Any 3GS, new or old bootrom is not jailbreakable on 3.1.3

    Any 3GS, new or old bootrom is jailbreakable on 3.1.2 and lower.

    The bootrom simply decides whether you need to plug your phone into your computer every time you need to boot up.

    edit: just to add, old bootrom phones can accept custom firmwares whereas new bootrom can not.
    Oh you obviously don't know what you are talking about. I have a 3GS running on 3.1.3 old bootrom jailbroke. *See pictures*. Please don't post things on my thread if you have the wrong facts. People might listen to you.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by iFone_Inpho View Post
    Oh you obviously don't know what you are talking about. I have a 3GS running on 3.1.3 old bootrom jailbroke. *See pictures*. Please don't post things on my thread if you have the wrong facts. People might listen to you.
    Dude, you did nothing special. You upgraded from a jailbroken state at 3.1.2 to a custom pre-jailbroken ipsw, made with either sn0wbreeze or PwnageTool 3.1.5 Then you installed MyWi.

    What dhamien was saying was that you can't jailbreak a stock install of 3.1.3 on a 3G[S], and he is correct. The ONLY way to jailbreak your 3G[S] if it got upgraded to stock 3.1.3 is to downgrade to 3.0, 3.1, or 3.1.2 then jailbreak and restore to a custom pre-jailbroken 3.1.3 ipsw.

  14. #12
    ^ that's a much better explanation of his thread. thanks.

  15. #13
    I understand that I did nothing special. Not claiming I did. However, as I looked at all the threads I noticed that there were many people were trying to jailbreak their 3GS and having a lot of the same problems I did so I wanted to try to help them and tell them what I did. Trust me I don't think I did something amazing that no one else has ever done. I just followed like 5 tutorials and made it into one to try to let people know that own 3GS with old bootrom that it is possible to jailbreak with their stored SHSH hashes.

    What dhamien said was "Any 3GS, new or old bootrom is not jailbreakable on 3.1.3" which simply is not true. No where in there did he say a "stock" 3GS. I have a 3GS and was at the official 3.1.3 OS and was able to jailbreak. I just don't want people to be misled.

  16. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iFone_Inpho View Post
    Oh you obviously don't know what you are talking about. I have a 3GS running on 3.1.3 old bootrom jailbroke. *See pictures*. Please don't post things on my thread if you have the wrong facts. People might listen to you.
    Smartass. You didn't jailbreak 3.1.3, you got there by being jailbroken previously.

    Quote Originally Posted by iFone_Inpho View Post
    What dhamien said was "Any 3GS, new or old bootrom is not jailbreakable on 3.1.3" which simply is not true. No where in there did he say a "stock" 3GS. I have a 3GS and was at the official 3.1.3 OS and was able to jailbreak. I just don't want people to be misled.
    3.1.3 can not be jailbroken on the 3GS. You can get there by downgrading and then updating to a custom firmware, but that isn't jailbreaking 3.1.3, that's using an old exploit.
    Last edited by dhamien; 02-18-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #15
    I have factory unlocked iPhone 3GS
    model MC131GR
    and iBoot -359.3 not bad 359.3.2!!! but I can't downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 and can't jb my iphone
    everytime have error "not eligble this build"

    I'm shocked
    Last edited by timurzilla; 02-19-2010 at 02:12 AM.

  18. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by timurzilla View Post
    I have factory unlocked iPhone 3GS
    model MC131GR
    and iBoot -359.3 not bad 359.3.2!!! but I can't downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 and can't jb my iphone
    everytime have error "not eligble this build"

    I'm shocked
    Being able to downgrade isn't affected by model or iBoot version. It's decided by whether or not you stored the SHSH files for the OS version you're trying to downgrade to.

    Cydia made storing those files easy for you .. if you asked it to by clicking the 'Make my life easier' inside the app.

    If you've never done that, you can't downgrade.

    But it's a nice phone you have, with the iBoot version and factory unlock, so hold onto it until a jailbreak is released (could take a little time though).

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Smartass. You didn't jailbreak 3.1.3, you got there by being jailbroken previously.



    3.1.3 can not be jailbroken on the 3GS. You can get there by downgrading and then updating to a custom firmware, but that isn't jailbreaking 3.1.3, that's using an old exploit.
    ok. I'm not on here to fight with people. Thanks for the explanation.

  20. #18
    How bout using a Custom 3.1.3 for the restore done by PWNGTOOL?

  21. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaiduh View Post
    How bout using a Custom 3.1.3 for the restore done by PWNGTOOL?
    That will work if your at 3.1.2.

  22. #20
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Just be sure you have the old bootrom as phones with the new bootrom can't accept custom firmwares.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •