+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G 8gb, how restore 3.1.2 for unlock

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi guys, New here. I just picked up a 3G 8gb and it came unlocked/jb'd via BlackRa1n on 3.1.2 fw with 5.11.07. It is currently stuck in a rebooting loop
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3G 8gb, how restore 3.1.2 for unlock
    Hi guys,

New here. I just picked up a 3G 8gb and it came unlocked/jb'd via BlackRa1n on 3.1.2 fw with 5.11.07.

It is currently stuck in a rebooting loop at the Apple logo because I tried to do a "erase contents and settings" in the Reset Menu under Settings. I did this because I had trouble with the Touchscreen not intermittently not responding.

Now, I assume I need to do a restore. How should I go about restore it and keeping the 3.1.2 fw and 5.11.07 baseband so I can keep using the phone on Tmobile?

Can someone please post up a thread/guide or instructions to do this? I've tried searching and I haven't found anything relevant to the 3g.
    Thanks in advance. Pretty nice forum you guys got here.

Cliffnotes:

Phone: Iphone 3G 8gb
    FW: 3.1.2
    Baseband: 5.11.07

Phone is stuck on Apple bootup.
    Need to restore to 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 so I can have an unlocked phone. Instructions or a link to another thread/guide would be great.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Download the official 3.1.2 firmware from here: iPod and iPhone Firmware Download

Open iTunes, plug in your phone. On the iPhone screen in iTunes, hold down the shift key and click restore. Then point to the downloaded firmware.

Do not go to 3.1.3 if it asks you to! - only use the 3.1.2 firmware you downloaded.

Afterwards, jailbreak and unlock with blackra1n/blacksn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Error when trying to restore
    I've downloaded the downgrade to 3.1.2 but I'm running into an error when trying to complete the downgrade. I get the error msg 1015 Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone or iPod touch software available from Apple.
    Now what?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

Cajun60 (02-11-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dhamien OMG! I'M BACK IN BUSINESS! THANKS FOR HELPING ME OUT!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun60 View Post
    dhamien OMG! I'M BACK IN BUSINESS! THANKS FOR HELPING ME OUT!
    You're welcome and glad I could help =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey - so I put in the AT&T sim to get this to work (I'm in the UK with an O2 sim). I've gotten the OS back to 3.1.2 and all my apps are there too. I'm able to connect to the wifi network no problem but unable to connect to the phone service with either sim. What did I miss?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun60 View Post
    Hey - so I put in the AT&T sim to get this to work (I'm in the UK with an O2 sim). I've gotten the OS back to 3.1.2 and all my apps are there too. I'm able to connect to the wifi network no problem but unable to connect to the phone service with either sim. What did I miss?
    If you've been to official 3.1.3 you will only be able to use your phone with an official carrer.

If you are with an official carrier, try looking through gaetanospqr's post in this thread: How to downgrade Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 - 05.12.01 via windows with shsh on cydia to see if that gets you round the problem.
    Last edited by dhamien; 02-13-2010 at 06:11 AM.