Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noticed a small adjustment in Saurik's Caching Signature Server

Default Noticed a small adjustment in Saurik's Caching Signature Server
    Hi there

Today I noticed a small adjustment in Saurik's article Caching Apple's Signature Server.

The new entry in your etc/hosts file is now
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Instead of the earlier
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Perhaps just an additional server to the old one. But maybe good if someone could verify whether the old one (.105.171) still works?

Thanks

Is it me, or both IPs seem to be down?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They both seem to be down

how to you change the file in itunes on a mac to sync with this server instead of apples

74.208.105.171 and 74.208.10.249 both work 100%

Thanks

Does the server work for iPod touches?

Do you really love lamp or are you just saying it because you saw it?

Thanks for the info.
    I cant figure out why apple does not try to shut saurik's server down?

both ip's are dwn i think
    BARB002

Thanks

I wish there was a way to acquire the SHSHSadfjsoa;fhdos;a files without having a jb.
    I'm on 3.1.3, 3rd gen, and i didn't realize you had to get those files XP

Do you really love lamp or are you just saying it because you saw it?

Default New apple Registration thing
    ok so both ips work ! just enter them in your browser *tada*

any way looks lyk apple found out this hack and has changed things a bit maybe...

looks like they using a https connection with the address to albert.apple.com on port 443.hmm i also see itunes making a "gs.apple.com" connection aswell ???? idk

(Im using itunes 9.1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by techstein View Post
    how to you change the file in itunes on a mac to sync with this server instead of apples
    As a new Mac user I would like to know this as well if anyone can point right direction to the file to edit

/etc/hosts is where it is at

Default Evening!
    Well I have started my downgrade from 3.1.3 using saurik.com info (Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)). I have downloaded the .ipsw file (iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore) and put in the first IP (74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com) in my host file. I had to allow permisions before it would allow my saves. Held the shift key down picked the file and just said apple could not connect. I then put in a second IP that I noticed here on the forum(74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com).
    Still nothing.

Now, this is my first attempt to downgrade so I can jailbreak my phone 3GS. I have the MC model and am thinking the newer bootrom.
    I am running Windows 7 and also tried sn0wbreezeV1.5.2 with no luck after telling me that my phone would not work.

Any ideas on how to get this going, or am I like so many I have read about and just have to wait till Dev Team comes up with a way to jailbreak my 3GS?

Thank you all so much!!

Gainesville, FL (The Swamp, only Gators get out ALIVE!!)
    Thanks

dude!!!!!! you must have been seriously busy or out of the country or vey new to ANY iphone forums!!!! Search for spirit among downloads section on this site, follow the instuctions and jb your iphone in 15 secs....... Talking to you .... Dilligas....

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG! it was down earlier thats why i couldnt figure out how to set up my host file. ARRRGGG>>> at least i manages to restore to 3.1.2 like i wanted *whew*

i kept switching it back and forth and running ubmrella and tinytss etc

can anyone help me. i had to turn my jailbroken iphone off... when i went to blackra1n to do a reboot because my jailbreak was tethered it wont work to reboot like it should. So i have been trying to use shsh stored on Cydia to restore 3.1.2 I used the instructions on this site Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows It doesnt work tells me im not eligable to do so. Others have said it has worked for them within the past couple weeks. My shsh was stored vis Cydia but i did notice it said for 3.1.3 but my phone has always been 3.1.2 So is this why it doesnt work? Any advice anyone? by all acounts it should work. I follow all the steps to the letter. please help

is his server down maybe?
    Last edited by perfectpokerinc; 05-24-2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by perfectpokerinc View Post
    can anyone help me. i had to turn my jailbroken iphone off... when i went to blackra1n to do a reboot because my jailbreak was tethered it wont work to reboot like it should. So i have been trying to use shsh stored on Cydia to restore 3.1.2 I used the instructions on this site Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows It doesnt work tells me im not eligable to do so. Others have said it has worked for them within the past couple weeks. My shsh was stored vis Cydia but i did notice it said for 3.1.3 but my phone has always been 3.1.2 So is this why it doesnt work? Any advice anyone? by all acounts it should work. I follow all the steps to the letter. please help

is his server down maybe?
    You jailbroke and clicked "make my life easier" sometime after early Feb. Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 right at the beginning of that month, so even though your phone had it installed, there was no way for Cydia to get 3.1.2 signatures on file for you.

With a 3G[S] and a new bootrom, you can not restore to 3.1.2.

If you don't need an unlock, restore to a clean 3.1.3 and Spirit