Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: activate iphone without original sim card ??

Angry activate iphone without original sim card ??
    Hi Guys

Does anyone know how to activate an iphone 3gs 32gb without the original sim card (at&t)?????
    Bought this iphone on Ebay from the USA with OS 3.0 , upgrade to 3.1.2 jailbreak with Blackrain today Sun 11.10.09 now its asking me through iTunes to insert the original sim card that was first used to activate the phone.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE- I WILL PAY YOU HONEST.
    My email is [email protected]

Manny

Not possible with the baseband that came with the 3.1 stock firmware update. Sounds like you were relying on an unlock, and you killed the unlock yourself by updating to 3.1.2

You got yourself an extra-overpriced iPod Touch now. If you can even get into the springboard that is. Otherwise you have yourself a nice shiny brick.

you can bi-pass the activation but not the unlock. after you upgrade or restore to 3.1 run blackr1an. then connect back to itunes and press sync as soon as it starts to sync wait 2 seconds and pull the cord out of the iphone. after a min you should get the home screen and it will say "activating may take a while" it will disappear. thats it you can now use your iphone without activating. every time you reboot it will give you the activating message but will always go to the home menu.

this may be more steps than needed but this is what i did and it worked for me.

better yet all u have to really do is insert a att sim from a friend or someone and it will activate.

now you can enjoy your ipod touch like me. =( and wait for an unlock

I got simplier way to activate.

I'm using IP 3GS 32GB lock and it was a useless brick 1 day ago. When I jailbroke with Geo tool ie Blackra1n, I still have problem with activating the phone.

But I discovered that as long as you jailbroke with Geo tool, which mean your phone is jailbroken, and of course, it's obviously that we can use the custom firmware. So, I connect once again in recovery mode with Itune and shift restore with customer firmware 3.1, it's sucessful. Though the baseband still 5.xxx but I can use it as IPod touch now. Trust me, as long as you not upgrade to 3.1.2, you're safe with jailbreak. So don't do anything ******** but shift restore with custom firmware 3.1

Good Luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bonbonlulu For This Useful Post:

Khazak (10-12-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

You have my thanks bonbonlulu (literally . Was gonna throw out my iphone out of the window but you saved the day ). Damn this phone has been a useless brick for a month now. Guess I need to wait for unlock. A guy here in Vietnam offered to change the IMEI which would fix the unlock too. But it would cost me 150 bucks. Anyone think I should go for it?

dude, I'm Vietnamese, so, trust me, forget it!

Quote Originally Posted by bonbonlulu View Post
    I got simplier way to activate.

I'm using IP 3GS 32GB lock and it was a useless brick 1 day ago. When I jailbroke with Geo tool ie Blackra1n, I still have problem with activating the phone.

But I discovered that as long as you jailbroke with Geo tool, which mean your phone is jailbroken, and of course, it's obviously that we can use the custom firmware. So, I connect once again in recovery mode with Itune and shift restore with customer firmware 3.1, it's sucessful. Though the baseband still 5.xxx but I can use it as IPod touch now. Trust me, as long as you not upgrade to 3.1.2, you're safe with jailbreak. So don't do anything ******** but shift restore with custom firmware 3.1

Good Luck
    Hi
    Thks for your reply. One question, Can you make and receive phone call with the iPhone?
    I've tried almost every trick and still cant get it to ACTIVATE.
    Tried 0S 3.1.2 - OS 3.1.1 and yr method.
    Now going to try to change the name of the OS FILE from OS 3.1 7C144 to 7A341 which is OS3.0. By doing this i hope i can re=install 3.0.
    I will let you the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazak View Post
    You have my thanks bonbonlulu (literally . Was gonna throw out my iphone out of the window but you saved the day ). Damn this phone has been a useless brick for a month now. Guess I need to wait for unlock. A guy here in Vietnam offered to change the IMEI which would fix the unlock too. But it would cost me 150 bucks. Anyone think I should go for it?
    Hi there

If you going ahead with it PLEASE let me know if it works.
    Cause I'm in the same situation as you.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mpgsingle View Post
    Hi
    Thks for your reply. One question, Can you make and receive phone call with the iPhone?
    I've tried almost every trick and still cant get it to ACTIVATE.
    Tried 0S 3.1.2 - OS 3.1.1 and yr method.
    Now going to try to change the name of the OS FILE from OS 3.1 7C144 to 7A341 which is OS3.0. By doing this i hope i can re=install 3.0.
    I will let you the outcome.

Hi there

If you going ahead with it PLEASE let me know if it works.
    Cause I'm in the same situation as you.
    Cheers
    The outcome:
    It didn't work, in other words i could not downgrade to 3.0 from 3.1.
    Even thou on my iPhone its showing 3.0_7A341.
    So I am asking you guys on here IF any of you have a PAY AS YOU GO sim card from AT&T that activated (meaning that as been used to call and received phone call) that you dont use it any more, I BUY IT from YOU or you could lend it to me PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE so i can activate this phone of mine.
    My email add is: [email protected]
    Manny in the UK (United Kingdom- England)
    Last edited by mpgsingle; 10-13-2009 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm having that same issue, can't get the thing out of recovery mode at all. I can get it in DFU mode, but it takes some work. Iphone doesn't have slider bar so I can turn it off conventionally. Any reason why the phone does that? I know the phone got some water in it, it's a friends daughter and she went swimming with it, long story. but it dried out, and seems to be working correctly to some point.

Anyway,

can someone help me here?

RevClyburn

im pretty sure than geohot's blackra1n RC3 hacktivates your iphone. so just install 3.1.2 on the iphone and run blackra1n.

hi,
    i have iphone 3gs 16gb (model MB715)
    got it unlocked. reseted it, on restoring by mistake got into firmware 3.1.3.
    details:
    iboot - 359.3
    bootloader - 6.4,
    baseband 05.12.01
    4-5 serial numbers # 43

current status is - it keeps on showing the USB-Itunes logo (slide for emergency) and when connected to itunes, it says, insert a valid SIM card.

i dont think it was JB previously, so no shsh stored for previous versions, as my friend used it with his AT&T before sending it to me.

"what is the possible solution to atleast use it as ipod touch, dont need unlock badly, just want to use it as ipod!!"

Quote Originally Posted by rishikesh View Post
    hi,
    i have iphone 3gs 16gb (model MB715)
    got it unlocked. reseted it, on restoring by mistake got into firmware 3.1.3.
    details:
    iboot - 359.3
    bootloader - 6.4,
    baseband 05.12.01
    4-5 serial numbers # 43

current status is - it keeps on showing the USB-Itunes logo (slide for emergency) and when connected to itunes, it says, insert a valid SIM card.

i dont think it was JB previously, so no shsh stored for previous versions, as my friend used it with his AT&T before sending it to me.

"what is the possible solution to atleast use it as ipod touch, dont need unlock badly, just want to use it as ipod!!"
    Same here for my friends iphone 3gs.
    Anyone have the resolution?

Default need help too
    Quote Originally Posted by idahman450c View Post
    Same here for my friends iphone 3gs.
    Anyone have the resolution?
    Me too, I bought Iphone 3gs on ebay and restore back to original firmware, now they need me activate iphone, I can't because I living in Canada, the iphone 3GS is lock by AT&T( same spec ).
    Please help me how to I activate. thanks

If anybody know how to activate without AT&T sim card please let me know, me email is [email protected], many thanks
    Last edited by samkenji; 05-13-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samkenji View Post
    Me too, I bought Iphone 3gs on ebay and restore back to original firmware, now they need me activate iphone, I can't because I living in Canada, the iphone 3GS is lock by AT&T( same spec ).
    Please help me how to I activate. thanks

If anybody know how to activate without AT&T sim card please let me know, me email is [email protected], many thanks
    Where about in Canada? I am in Vancouver, Canada. I do have an Activated AT&T sim card. If you are also in Vancouver too, I can let you activate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Nope.. That is not the solution. If you do not have SHSH 3.1.2 save on Cydia, can't retore to 3.1.2.

As I said in my post, I don't believe I had my shsh stored. I bought the phone after Saurick stopped taking hashes, and highly doubt the previous owner knew about that.

do you still live in vancouver D:

hi
    I have an iphone 3gs 4.2.1 with baseband 06.05.00
    In that time when I was doing it it was the only option to activate and unlock it.
    My GPS is not working obviously.
    My question is there any option to unlock and activate it without original sim card?
    I really need some help.
    Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You mean 06.15.00?? You can always use redsn0w and SAM to hacktivate your device.

http://www.redmondpie.com/activate-i...ficial-module/
    Last edited by ihappy; 06-27-2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added info

yes but wanna use the gps somehow. im afraid there is no way to do that yet, isnt it?

what about if i upgrade it to 4.3.3 from 06.15.00. can i jailbreak it with redsn0w (0.9.x.b.x?) and hacktivate it with SAM? And unlock with ultrasn0w? What do you reckon?
    Thanks
    Last edited by pr1nc3; 06-27-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast