+ Reply
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Is this ok to do even if cydia does not open?
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kph12's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this ok to do even if cydia does not open?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello, i have a 3gs 16gb with actual 3.1.3 but am pretty sure, i pressed the button in cydia at 3.1.2 "make my life easier"
    now, i tried with umbrella and got the 3.1.2 shs´h file only with apple but not with cydia.

anyhow, i tried to downgrade to 3.1.2 but it always fails with the error code 1600, tried it lots of times with restore mode and recovery mode, non is working, what am i doing wrong?

please help me
    Last edited by v40t4sunny; 04-22-2010 at 07:21 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Using iPhone 3GS Jailbroken and unlocked on 3.0.1
    Did updates in Rock Your Phone app and something went wrong... I did a hard reset on the phone, and now it will now not boot up. It shows the apple logo for about 10 seconds and then the screen goes black... I have tried turning it on and off several times to no avail... I charged it all night long since it was very low on battery when it first did this and that did not help.
    Now I am trying to do a restore using a custom ipsw I found online ( 3.0.1 IPSW Links - Mac Forums) and I also modified my hosts file as Saurik outlined, but when iTunes tries to talk to Sauriks server it says the "Apple software verification server is unavailable at this time try again later. I have tried this 4 times and it keeps saying the same thing... Also, I did save my SHSH on Sydia when I first jailbraked it...
    Please help ASAP!
    Thanks so much everyone.
    Ryan

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restore failed after jailbreak Spirit on Blackrain hactivated Iphone 3GS 3.1.2
    Hi,
    I have tried to jailbreak my Iphone 3GS 3.1.2 (unlocked and hacktivated with Blackra1n) with Spirit. The jailbreak failed and I cannot use my Iphone any more cause Blackra1n won't work anymore.

I did not use Umbrella before my unlock and it is not possible to restore my Iphone with Itunes.

Can someone help me? I do not know what to do anymore!

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjessee View Post
    Using iPhone 3GS Jailbroken and unlocked on 3.0.1
    Did updates in Rock Your Phone app and something went wrong... I did a hard reset on the phone, and now it will now not boot up. It shows the apple logo for about 10 seconds and then the screen goes black... I have tried turning it on and off several times to no avail... I charged it all night long since it was very low on battery when it first did this and that did not help.
    Now I am trying to do a restore using a custom ipsw I found online ( 3.0.1 IPSW Links - Mac Forums) and I also modified my hosts file as Saurik outlined, but when iTunes tries to talk to Sauriks server it says the "Apple software verification server is unavailable at this time try again later. I have tried this 4 times and it keeps saying the same thing... Also, I did save my SHSH on Sydia when I first jailbraked it...
    Please help ASAP!
    Thanks so much everyone.
    Ryan

You got the ROCK VIRUS !!!! You can update to 3.1.3 under normal iTunes and then JB using Spirit but only if you don't need to unlock your sim. If you need to unlock because you're not on AT&T then you're stuck like we are on this thread :

Iphone 3gs won't boot past apple logo and turns off by itself

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy same here
    Quote Originally Posted by ncruise View Post
    Hello
    I followed your process step by step for MAC. But I am still getting errors like 'Server not available or could not be contacted'.
    i get the same thing i tried it on 2 different computers one is a windows 7 pc and the other vista but the same 'server not available' error and now i'm stuck with a phone that's not even activated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I already have SHSH but i don't uderstand the describtion below. Could any one give me more detail about this? Thank in advance.Dimang

Part 3 - Using TinyTSS to Restore[/B]
    Windows:

1) Find the shsh file you want to use (e.g. 1111111111111-iphone-3.0.shsh for 3.0)

2) Open cmd.exe and cd to the fw-umbrella-semaphore directory (cd Desktop/fw-umbrella-semaphore)

3) Important! Disable any other servers using port 80 (usually webservers). TinyTSS needs to use it to create it's mini-webserver.

4) If you installed 32bit Java type: tinytss.exe -f 1111111111111-iphone-3.0.shsh
    If you installed 64bit Java type: tinytss64.exe -f 1111111111111-iphone-3.0.shsh
    Where 1111111111111-iphone-3.0.shsh is the name of the shsh file you want to use.

Now you need to edit your etc/hosts:

1) Start -> Run -> CWindows\System32\drivers\etc
    2) Right click "hosts" and click "Open" when the Open With box appears, select Notepad
    3) Comment out 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com if it exists by putting a # in front so it looks like:
    #74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    4) Add this to a new line at the bottom: 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    5) Save the file

Open cmd.exe, and run ping gs.apple.com
    It should respond:

Pinging gs.apple.com [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data

If it does not say [127.0.0.1] you've not set hosts correctly, if it does, you can go ahead and restore to the version that matches your SHSH files using iTunes (See Part 4)

Mac:

1) Find the shsh file you want to use (e.g. 1111111111111-iphone-3.0.shsh for 3.0)

2) In Terminal.app type: cd Desktop/fw-umbrella-semaphore

3) Important! Disable any other servers using port 80 (usually webservers). TinyTSS needs to use it to create it's mini-webserver.

4) Run: sudo java -jar tinytss.jar -f 1111111111111-iphone-3.0.shsh
    Where 1111111111111-iphone-3.0.shsh is the name of the shsh file you want to use.

Now you need to edit your etc/hosts:

1) Open Terminal.app (In Applications -> Utilities) and do: sudo nano /etc/hosts
    2) Comment out 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com if it exists by pressing the down arrow until you get to it, then by putting a # in front so it looks like: #74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    3) Press the down arrow until you get to the bottom (empty) line
    4) Type: 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    5) Press Ctrl + O, press enter, then Ctrl + X.

In terminal run ping gs.apple.com
    It should respond:

Pinging gs.apple.com (127.0.0.1) with 56 bytes of data.

If it does not say (127.0.0.1) you've not set hosts correctly, if it does, you can go ahead and restore to the version that matches your SHSH files using iTunes (See Part 4)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys, help me plz.
    I tried to restore my iphone 3gs (new bootrom) to 3.1.2 via saurik's server and local server(tinytss), but no results. Itunes says that device isn' t eligible for the requested build.
    I've got my ecid, saved shsh on saurik's server. put gs.apple.com on both saurik's and local server in hosts file. It pings gs.apple.com correctly for both saurik's and local. Can't imagine what's wrong.

PS: using Win XP
    Last edited by ai1982; 05-15-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: PS: using Win XP

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ai1982 View Post
    Hi guys, help me plz.
    I tried to restore my iphone 3gs (new bootrom) to 3.1.2 via saurik's server and local server(tinytss), but no results. Itunes says that device isn' t eligible for the requested build.
    I've got my ecid, saved shsh on saurik's server. put gs.apple.com on both saurik's and local server in hosts file. It pings gs.apple.com correctly for both saurik's and local. Can't imagine what's wrong.

PS: using Win XP
    How do you know that you have 3.1.2 shsh file saved with Saurik Server. If you pressed makes my life easier doesn't guarantee you have 3.1.2 shsh file being saved. The only way to find out is using fw umbrella, if you see a file xxxxxxxxxxx_3.1.2 shsh file created on your folder, then you have it, if not means you don't have it which means your only choice is 3.1.3 fw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,
    I am trying to restore to 3.1.2 after iTunes messed up and *upgraded* to 3.1.3 (my fault I know).
    I have a saved shsh file for 3.1.2 done before upgrading to 3.1.2.
    I am running tinytss and have adjusted gs.apple.com to 127.0.0.1.
    I am selecting the 3.1.2 firmware and it seems that authentication worked, tinytss tells me that the blob was successfully sent.
    Also iTunes tells me that it is fine and starts to restore, and at that moment I get
    Unknown error occurred 1600
    and I am back at normal.

What is that 1600 strange error?
    I tried to change USB ports.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Thanks

Part 2 - Getting your ECID SHSH

Windows Users: Make sure you have Java Runtime Environment 5 or higher installed.

Download Umbrella and extract to desktop.

1) Double click umbrella.jar
    2) Enter your ECID in the box provided
    3) Select Device Version from the list
    4) Select SHSH Repository from the list
    5) Click Submit

in *****************.. the guy adds some stuff that we should download and use along with this frw umbrella ..

I got confused..

I did all what u said, but when I got to this point , umbrella says my iphone is not connected..

My question is , should I plug my iphone while it is on ? bcoz when I plugged it, it was in recovery mode.. and umbrella couldn't see it ..

so wut should I do ?

thnx for the awesome job anyways..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi does any one know how to sovle I have SHSH saved but how can I restore? I have tried many time with Itune,but it said the device is not eligible? Thanks in advance..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can we use AutoSHSH to save the SHSH blob locally and use tinytss with this blob? AutoSHSH saves the blob locally and the file name is ECID.shsh and it is a 64KB file. I just wondering if tinytss would recognizing this file because it has a diferent name or should rename the file like xxxxxxxxxxx_3.1.2 shsh?

Thanks

guys ,

i got this message on cydia :

this device has shshs on file for iphone os: 3.1.2 , 3.1.3

now wut should i do ?

Thanks

when I go to hit save it brings up the Save As and saves it like a .txt file. What can I do?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    when I go to hit save it brings up the Save As and saves it like a .txt file. What can I do?
    Are you talking about saving the host file.
    Click start
    type notepad
    On top , right click, run as admin
    open up notepad, browse to cwindows\system32\driver\etc\hosts
    edit
    save it
    that is it
    reboot and do your restore

If you are talking about the saved 3.1.2 shsh file, you can setup your own little server and do the ping, there is a guide on this forum

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just thought I'd post a quick reply here. I've been using TinyUmbrella this afternoon to try and downgrade my 3G S from 4.0 to 3.1.3

I was certain that I had backed up my SHSH blobs, and I had them on my computer and on Sauriks server. I had been trying various combinations trying to downgrade using TinyUmbrella which kept giving me the 3002 error. I had tried on two machines (Windows 7 & XP) with no luck.

Anyway, in the end I managed to connect directly to Sauriks server on the XP machine and I'm downgrading as we speak. I just thought I'd let you know that in the FAQ it says that error 3002 means you can't downgrade - I managed to do it so perhaps there was a bug of some kind?

Not sure but thought I'd let you know.

Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

right i have got my shsh files from saurik i have pinged the host everything came bck gr8 but i noticed tht my shsh file are windows shell common it says file type SHSH File (.shsh) then opens with shell common what have i done wrong or could someone poit me in the right direction cheers in advance kenny1690

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi
    I've got the SHSH 3.1.2 with Umbrella
    my phone is 3gs new bootrom

umbrell show as "ipod2g 3.1.2 (7d11) 181881930####"
    Ecid is correct but model is wrong

i can't to downgrade to 3.1.2 from os4
    please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK: "It is not possible to downgrade/restore your iPhone 3GS to 3.0/3.0.1 unless you backed up your 3.0/3.0.1 ECID SHSH via Cydia"

I have a LOCKED AT&T 3GS with 4.0. Cydia was never installed to make a backup. I understand how this applies to someone who had Cydia installed. What about if it was never installed. What rule applies?