Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.getBytes(Ljava/nio/charset/Charset[B
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.executeStage(Umbrella.java: 136)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.execute(Umbrella.java:119)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.execute(Umbrella.java:114)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.main(Umbrella.java:60)

Thank you, really great Guide! Just for me to understand:

At part 2 (Easy Way), you HAVE TO have a valid 3.0 ECID on Sauriks Server, so basicly you are just copying it to your PC, so that you can restore with your own private Server.

At part 3 (Hard Way), you are generating a new 3.1 ECID, like Saurik does it right now in Cydia.

Am i right about this?

Ive a crashed 3Gs with 3.0. It always shows Apple icon and wheel und reboot again.

Ive saved my Ecid by USB. Is it possible with this tools to restore a 3.0 firmware on my 3.0 3Gs?

Tried to create a shsh file for 3.0 but nothing happens. No File appears.

No, it is only possible if you had saved your 3.0 ECID in Cydia. Still no way to restore for people who saved the purplera1nyday certificate via USB

I can get to all the way of creating the 00.shsh file but can not get itunes to do the 3.0 restore.

I am also getting an error message like 'Server not available or could not be contacted'

(doing this all on win7 x64)
    I modified my hosts file with 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    When I ping gs.apple.com it resolves to 127.0.01

But Itunes wont see it (I tried both tinyss.exe and tinyss64.exe), and I ran a netstat -a before running tiny to validate Im not using port 80 (or listening on it)

Has anyone gotten itunes to communicate with their own server?

lol im only stuck at the getting the shsh thing...

i can't seem to open umbrella - gui....

@Wacktool As far as i know the downgrade process only works with itunes 8.2.1.6 or earlier

Quote Originally Posted by wacktool View Post

Has anyone gotten itunes to communicate with their own server?
    I just tried. In order to generate an error, and not allow a restore to happen, i purposely picked the wrong firmware. I got error 3004 (maybe because I forgot to go to DFU mode first). After that I couldn't get the phone to restore to anything, not even official 3.1 from apple. Kept getting the 3004 error, and the "connect to itunes" screen on my phone. As a last resort, since that is the screen you need for redsn0w, I ran redsn0w, and it brought my phone back to life, and to the same exact state it was in prior to me fooling around. Guess that's what happens if you ignore this

In other words, do not load TinyTSS with your 3.1 blobs and try to restore 3.0.x.
    That will not work. I have no idea what you will do to your phone if you try that. I'm not responsible for your carelessness.
    Luckily re jailbreaking fixed my phone. Please, whoever reads this post, let my foolishness be a lesson to you, and don't do what I did.

hallo all. managed to get the shsh file using the hard way and now it says that my ecid is malformed and shown that it can be fixed at bla bla bla websites...

hellp?

Hmm, thanks for that post Looi3!
    I was just about to attempt that.
    The way I read this guide was that I could connect my OS 3.1 3GS, obtain my ECID, run Umbrella with the syntax '-v 3.0' or '3.0.1' to create the SHSH the 'Hard Way' and all would be fine and dandy when serving this on 127.0.0.1 allowing me fool itunes and restore sucessfully to previous firmwares which can be jailbroken.
    So the question is, what is the point of this guide? Simply to create and store a 3.1 SHSH for future use?

Why oh why did I press the restore button and not notice the '0' was no longer there in the OS version.
    Come on Redsnow 3.1 3GS JB!!

Default Still
    ok here it goes... I created a 00.shsh file with the sysntax v 3.0 but the thing here is that it did not create the correct file (4kb). It only creates a correct file (60-70kb) when I give 3.1 as the parameter. So the big question is what to do now? How do I get back to 3.0 from my 3.1 OS version?
    Last edited by ncruise; 09-21-2009 at 07:50 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

First things first. I've just finished an updated version of Umbrella GUI, it's now compiled using Java version 1.5.
    This means both Umbrella and the GUI are now 1.5 compatible.

I would highly recommend downloading the latest versions of both before trying anything.

---

Quote Originally Posted by tampabuc2004 View Post
    Under DFU i get error code 1602 the second time i get 1601
    Under Recovery i get error code 3001
    From what I can make out, you need to remove and then reinstall iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by ApFinder View Post
    I wonder if the 3.0 and 3.0.1 ECID SHSH are the same?
    They are not.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think only those people that did the shsh thing in cydia when apple was still signing 3.0 and 3.0.1 will be able to get a proper shsh back from Sauriks site for those firmwares. So those of you with errors when trying to downgrade are probably getting them because you didnt do this and the shsh you are getting back from sauriks site has not been signed by apple. So this will only help you to be able to restore to 3.1 once apple stops signing it when a new firmware is released.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.getBytes(Ljava/nio/charset/Charset[B
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.executeStage(Umbrella.java: 136)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.execute(Umbrella.java:119)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.execute(Umbrella.java:114)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.main(Umbrella.java:60)
    You need to download the latest versions of the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Thank you, really great Guide! Just for me to understand:

At part 2 (Easy Way), you HAVE TO have a valid 3.0 ECID on Sauriks Server, so basicly you are just copying it to your PC, so that you can restore with your own private Server.

At part 3 (Hard Way), you are generating a new 3.1 ECID, like Saurik does it right now in Cydia.

Am i right about this?
    Both can do exactly the same, the GUI is just an easier way of doing things. The default for the GUI is to get your 3.1 SHSH just like Saurik is doing now via Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by wacktool View Post
    I modified my hosts file with 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    When I ping gs.apple.com it resolves to 127.0.01
    Either the server is not running, or being blocked by a firewall by the sound of things. Make sure nothing else is running on port 80, and allow Java to create a server.

Quote Originally Posted by tampabuc2004 View Post
    @Wacktool As far as i know the downgrade process only works with itunes 8.2.1.6 or earlier
    You should be using iTunes 9.

Quote Originally Posted by maq_vader View Post
    hallo all. managed to get the shsh file using the hard way and now it says that my ecid is malformed and shown that it can be fixed at bla bla bla websites...

hellp?
    Sounds like you tried to get a 3.0/3.0.1 SHSH without it being on Saurik's server, unfortunately this will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershad0w View Post
    So the question is, what is the point of this guide? Simply to create and store a 3.1 SHSH for future use?
    For the moment, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ncruise View Post
    ok here it goes... I created a 00.shsh file with the sysntax v 3.0 but the thing here is that it did not create the correct file (4kb). It only creates a correct file (60-70kb) when I give 3.1 as the parameter. So the big question is what to do now? How do I get back to 3.0 from my 3.1 OS version?
    Unless you have your 3.0/3.0.1 SHSH on Saurik's server, there is no way to do this. Sorry.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

Hey iGuru, since you're in a question answering mood, I got one for ya. Any idea why when I try to get my 3.0 blobs from saurik's server with the umberella command line utility (they are there, I tested his method the first day he posted on his site about it, and was successful) I get an HTTP 411 error? I looked it up, and I figured out what it meant, just didn't understand why I get it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Hey iGuru, since you're in a question answering mood, I got one for ya. Any idea why when I try to get my 3.0 blobs from saurik's server with the umberella command line utility (they are there, I tested his method the first day he posted on his site about it, and was successful) I get an HTTP 411 error? I looked it up, and I figured out what it meant, just didn't understand why I get it.
    That would be due to it expecting the length of the content being sent along with the request for the ECID SHSH files, and it not actually being sent. It's a bug with old versions of Umbrella, simply download the latest one, I just tried it and it works fine
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

L00i3 (09-21-2009)

OK, thanks. I think I am using the 2nd release. I will try that.

Cool, it worked. Yay
    Last edited by L00i3; 09-21-2009 at 09:23 PM.

I'm on a fresh install of iTunes 8.2.0.23, Tinytss gives back Success while I get error 3001 from iTunes.
    I'm on 3.1 3GS I put the 3.0.1 shsh on file (or at least Cydia said I had it on file.)
    I am trying to downgrade to anything at this point. I tried both 3.0 and 3.0.1 just in case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    OK, thanks. I think I am using the 2nd release. I will try that.

Cool, it worked. Yay
    Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hardy View Post
    I'm on a fresh install of iTunes 8.2.0.23, Tinytss gives back Success while I get error 3001 from iTunes.
    I'm on 3.1 3GS I put the 3.0.1 shsh on file (or at least Cydia said I had it on file.)
    I am trying to downgrade to anything at this point. I tried both 3.0 and 3.0.1 just in case.
    1) Check your SHSH file is approx 64KB.
    2) If your file is not approx 64KB, you'll most likely have a 3.0 SHSH on file, not 3.0.1 - grab that and try downgrading to 3.0.
    3) you need to downgrade using iTunes 9 - that's the version that worked for me.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by iGuru; 09-21-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Ok, I tried every type 3.0, 3.0.1 and 3.1 all shsh files came out as 40Kb even. however I did have a saved one from before I posted that is the correct size but is a 3.1 file.

also updating to iTunes 9.0 as I type.
    Last edited by Ed Hardy; 09-21-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hardy View Post
    Ok, I tried every type 3.0, 3.0.1 and 3.1 all shsh files came out as 40Kb even. however I did have a saved one from before I posted that is the correct size but is a 3.1 file.
    When you start TinyTTS, does it say "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Your shsh blobs are malformed... don't delete them they just need to be fixed."?

If so, you were one of the people that had Cydia falsely report that you had an ECID SHSH on file, when actually there was an error during processing your request and you do not.

Edit: It's gone 4:30am now, so i'm going to get some sleep. If you need more help just post here and I'll answer when I'm up.
    Last edited by iGuru; 09-21-2009 at 10:37 PM.

yes i did get the malformed error from those files, however I used umbrella several times to see if I could get the entire files back, so far it seems to have worked, I loaded up the 3.0 FW and the apple with the loading bar is on my iphone screen now.

Edit: error 1015 with the 3.0 shsh at correct size, now trying 3.0.1.
    looks like 3.0.1 wont even give me a good shsh file so i'll have to stick with 3.0.
    Last edited by Ed Hardy; 09-22-2009 at 01:26 AM.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast