Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oK
    Last edited by Stassseg; 09-28-2009 at 06:34 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildbeast View Post
    sorry but its not working on my iPhone 3gs 3.1
    If it's not working, it's because you've done something wrong... and as you haven't even attempted to explain what isn't working there's no way anyone can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by amjad_hekal View Post
    i tried this proceduier but the 00.shsh is not generting
    I'm guessing you do not have your 3.0 ECID SHSH on file with Cydia, which means you can not get your 3.0 or 3.0.1 ECID SHSH. Only 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    I have 64 bit vista and I don't think java installed properly. When I try to run version in cmd it tells me java not recognized as command. BUT, the GUI seemed to run fine and gave me 64kb 00.shsh files for both 3.0 and 3.1.
    So getting a java error in cmd may not necessarily be a problem
    If that is the case, then something very weird is going on there. All the GUI does is put the command line command together for you and runs it, for example if you put your ecid in the box, and select 3.1, then click generate it just does "java -jar umbrella.jar -e ecidnumberhere -v 3.1" which would require java to be in your Windows PATH because it works as if you were running it from the command line.

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    then tried the HARD way and my mobile terminal gives me this "giancarlo-perezs-computer-3:~ giancarloperez$ cd Desktop/fw-umbrella-semaphore
    giancarlo-perezs-computer-3:fw-umbrella-semaphore giancarloperez$ java -jar umbrella.jar -e ecid -v version -c chipid

giancarloperez$ e.g. java -jar umbrella.jar -e 00000000AA00AA00 -v 3.1 -c 8920
    You have misunderstood the instructions.
    When you run the command, you have to replace those with your actual ecid and version for the one you want.

For example to get your 3.1 ECID SHSH file, you would run:
    java -jar umbrella.jar -e 00000000AA00AA00 -v 3.1

And that command would work for you if 00000000AA00AA00 was your ECID number.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

Quote Originally Posted by iGuru View Post

If that is the case, then something very weird is going on there. All the GUI does is put the command line command together for you and runs it, for example if you put your ecid in the box, and select 3.1, then click generate it just does "java -jar umbrella.jar -e ecidnumberhere -v 3.1" which would require java to be in your Windows PATH because it works as if you were running it from the command line.
    thats what i thought. but theres no doubt i get the error with cmd, and no doubt that i got the files using the gui. so i dont understand (but not complaining!!!)

You have misunderstood the instructions.
    When you run the command, you have to replace those with your actual ecid and version for the one you want.

For example to get your 3.1 ECID SHSH file, you would run:
    java -jar umbrella.jar -e 00000000AA00AA00 -v 3.1

And that command would work for you if 00000000AA00AA00 was your ECID number.

Made the adjustments and got this..."-bash: Run:: command not found"

I must've misunderstood another part. I redid the entire process but still got same error.

Thanks

Made the adjustments and got this..."-bash: Run:: command not found"

I must've misunderstood another part. I redid the entire process but still got same error.
    Make sure to CD to the directory first.

If you are having problems, pastebin everything you are typing in terminal, and provide the link to view it here, and i'll do my best to help you.
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

Quote Originally Posted by dm2017 View Post
    after running tinytts64.exe i get this "see screenshot"

is that it? if so GREAT if not please tell me what else i have to do
    That looks like what it shows when you successfully fool itunes into thinking it verified a firmware install with apple.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

dm2017 (09-29-2009)

Default jailbreak
    so i have a 3gs 3.0.1 can i still use redsnow to jailbreak it or will i get the errors cuz i dont have the apple signature?

or can i jailbreak it but be unable to restore afterwards? will being unable to restore afterwards prevent me from installing a 3.1 jailbreak when it is released?

can i get apple signature for 3.1 without upgrading the baseband and still being able to jailbreak with redsnow?

ok i figure i can jailbreak with redsnow now but not sure how this will affect my future potential with regards to jailbreaking.

how can i get my apple sig without going to stock 3.1? and will the apple signing server be shut down by the time a 3.1 3gs hack is released?
    Last edited by Staj; 09-28-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Staj View Post
    so i have a 3gs 3.0.1 can i still use redsnow to jailbreak it or will i get the errors cuz i dont have the apple signature?
    you can JB it no problem.

or can i jailbreak it but be unable to restore afterwards? will being unable to restore afterwards prevent me from installing a 3.1 jailbreak when it is released?
    you can never restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1 if you havnt cached your ECID info with cydia BEFORE 3.1 was released. you can still JB 3.1 when a JB is released (soon we hope).

can i get apple signature for 3.1 without upgrading the baseband and still being able to jailbreak with redsnow?
    yes, use Firmware Umbrella

ok i figure i can jailbreak with redsnow now but not sure how this will affect my future potential with regards to jailbreaking.
    it doesn't affect it

how can i get my apple sig without going to stock 3.1? and will the apple signing server be shut down by the time a 3.1 3gs hack is released?
    Again, use firmware umbrella. 3.1 is the ONLY "sig" you can get currently. 3.0 and 3.0.1 are gone forever if you didn't get them before 3.1 was released.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes. you can JB it by redsnow

after JB you can't to reinstall 3.0.1 because of APPLE. it doesn't matter JB or not.

yes. if you lunch ECID Grabber you will get SHSH for 3.1

it is not affect in future. don't worry.

use ECID Grabber

ps. I hope, I am not mistaked in answers )))

Thanks

^^^lol beat ya by a few seconds.

HI.

I have an IPHONE 3GS with 3.0.1 + Jailbreak + Unlock.

I want to do this:

Restore from 3.0.1 to 3.0 with SHSH from cydia with this tutorial.

Is this possible?

If something fails, and my iphone stuck in Recovery/DFU mode, Can I get back to normal state (irecovery) ?

Is there someone who has restored from 3.0.1 to 3.0 ?

thanks.

Make sure to CD to the directory first.

If you are having problems, pastebin everything you are typing in terminal, and provide the link to view it here, and i'll do my best to help you.
    Here ya go....went a little further but didn't generate any file.

<script src='http://pastie.org/633746.js'></script>

sorry GURU....Here it is #633746 - Pastie

I never updated to 3.1...just want to restore my 3.0 to 3.0 again.
    Last edited by giancarlo; 09-28-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vidix View Post
    HI.

I have an IPHONE 3GS with 3.0.1 + Jailbreak + Unlock.

I want to do this:

Restore from 3.0.1 to 3.0 with SHSH from cydia with this tutorial.

Is this possible?

If something fails, and my iphone stuck in Recovery/DFU mode, Can I get back to normal state (irecovery) ?

Is there someone who has restored from 3.0.1 to 3.0 ?

thanks.
    if you have your 3.0 ECID stored with Cydia, then YES you can restore to 3.0

if you don't have 3.0 or 3.0.1 stored, you can only goto 3.1

iRecovery can get you out of DFU/restore mode usually. and many people have restored to 3.0, however they are lucky and had their 3.0 ECID info stored before 3.1 firmware was released by Apple.

Default Wow?!
    I'm new here and new to the whole JB . Im getting discouraged by the amount of crashed 3Gs's and the amount of people having problems trying to follow this procedure. Looks like about 99% of the members here arent getting anywhere. I guess unless there is a more straight forward procedure I'll just stick with 3.0

until it crash's

Thanks

Here ya go....went a little further but didn't generate any file.

I never updated to 3.1...just want to restore my 3.0 to 3.0 again.
    Thanks for the log, I had a look into this for you, and unfortunately it is not possible for you to retrieve your 3.0 or 3.0.1 ECID SHSH file. If you run the command you did previously, but with -v 3.1 instead of -v3.0 it will generate your 3.1 ECID SHSH file for you.

Unfortunately, there is no way for you to go back to 3.0 again, only onwards to 3.1. If you are having problems with 3.0, my recommendation would be to wait until the 3.1 Jailbreak for the 3GS is released, and then use it to update safely to 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by HOPKINS View Post
    I'm new here and new to the whole JB . Im getting discouraged by the amount of crashed 3Gs's and the amount of people having problems trying to follow this procedure. Looks like about 99% of the members here arent getting anywhere. I guess unless there is a more straight forward procedure I'll just stick with 3.0

until it crash's
    Currently, this topic has had 21,910 views, and 254 replies, including my own 64. So take my 64 away, and you get 190, and even then, not all of those have been questions, some have been other people helping out. So, only 0.87% of people that have read this thread have replied, and not even all of them have had problems... so I'd love to know where this 99% comes from.

Anyhow, this is about as simple as it is going to get, the purpose of this topic is to educate people how to use it, and for the majority of people, the use will be to get their 3.1 ECID SHSH files for safe keeping.

A lot of people that have posted here have been wanting to downgrade to 3.0, and this is something that is not possible for most 3GS owners, only 50,000 people in the world, can currently downgrade their 3GS to 3.0.

Taking into account that 1 million iPhone 3GS' were sold on the first weekend they were available to the public, even if it was only that amount of people that had ever bought them, then just 0.005% of them would be able to downgrade.

Obviously, a whole lot more than 1 million people have bought the iPhone 3GS since then, so the actual percentage of people that will be able to downgrade is much smaller than that.

Hope that this post enlightens you somewhat.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

giancarlo (09-28-2009)

I can do the restore in recovery mode? Doesnt need it be in dfumode? Because 3.0.1 to 3.0 means an downgrade? So can i do the restore normally? Just modifying the host file?

Please... I would like to do the restore today.
    Thanks

Thanks

yes, recovery mode is fine. Yes 3.0.1 to 3.0 is a downgrade. modify the host file -> yes. restore through iTunes by holding shift ->click restore ->choose correct ipsw.

NOTE: this will only work if you have your 3.0 ECID info stored with Cydia.

Thanks i guru u r being a great help for all ... just a small question I know that I used to get the note in cydia that says I have the ecid on file but am not sure which version it was .. could it be 3.1??

I am trying to generate the 00.sh file and on the tinytss info am getting 3.1 although I was running a jailbroken 3.0.1 since ever on 3gs!!

I tried recreating the file after renaming the original one but I still dont get the 3.0 or 3.0.1 ... no new file gets created
    Last edited by aswad; 09-28-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aswad View Post
    I tried recreating the file after renaming the original one but I still dont get the 3.0 or 3.0.1 ... no new file gets created
    In that case, unfortunately you will not be able to generate one for 3.0/3.0.1. If it doesn't work, it's because it's not on file.

Sorry.

Default didnt go through
    i tried this process but it says error 3001

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast