Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

Quote Originally Posted by sweeneytodd View Post

This will allow me to downgrade to 3.1 after 3.1+ comes out, but not 3.0/3.0.1... correct? I don't need an unlock, just a JB, so will I be safe?
    From what I understand and read yes. This will allow you to downgrade to 3.1 after a newer version comes out. I have my 00.shsh file that is 64kb from following the steps for my 3.1 OS. I am unable to downgrade because I didn't save my ECID on the cydia server. I can complete all the steps except for the last one to downgrade which makes since because I didn't save my ECID for he 3.0 software I had previously on my phone.

I decided to upgrade to 3.1 due to the fact that my phone was stuck at the apple boot logo. I should have read before I upgraded to 3.1. Oh well lesson learned. Given that JB'n will probably be available in 2 weeks or so I don't have a problem waiting. Especially since you can JB for free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @ iguru I was using original carrier before. Rogers Canada. As for for java version I am using the latest version I can get 1.6.something. Still no shsh file :-(. Is there any 64 bit instructions or just same steps using umbrella64.exe instead? Cuz same issue with that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dm2017 View Post
    @ iguru I was using original carrier before. Rogers Canada. As for for java version I am using the latest version I can get 1.6.something. Still no shsh file :-(. Is there any 64 bit instructions or just same steps using umbrella64.exe instead? Cuz same issue with that.
    Umbrella64.exe is for when you have 64bit Java installed, Umbrella.exe is for when you have 32bit Java installed.
    To confuse the issue, most people will be running 32bit Java on 64bit computers, unless they specifically downloaded the 64bit version.

The reason I asked you to run that command, is because I need to know if it responds correctly or not, rather than to find out the version.
    I have often found though you run the installer, it does not automatically set up Java for command line usage - and it needs to, for the GUI to work correctly.

So please run the command and let me know the response
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

iguru can you make me the 00.shsh file? I don't get the file I tried over hundred times

java version in cmd:

build 1.6.0_16-b01

system is vista ultimate x86

Default too many misleading posts...
    I never upgraded to 3.1. I've been on 3.0 since day one...jailbroken. I was bored today and started messing around with my phone and cyberduck and somehow managed to damage my mobile substrate system. Now the phone only boots in Safe Mode. Im trying to restore it to 3.0 or 3.0.1 but iTunes doesn't let me...which is what brought me to this post. I'm trying the instructions over and over. I'm on OSX Snow Leapord, never saved files with Saurik but I have my ECID. I've followed directions of moving the files between folders and running the umbrella.jar. I enter my ECID, select that it's a 3.0 Firmware and hit generate. It then tells me its done and wait for my shsh. Didn't work the easy way...then tried the HARD way and my mobile terminal gives me this "giancarlo-perezs-computer-3:~ giancarloperez$ cd Desktop/fw-umbrella-semaphore
    giancarlo-perezs-computer-3:fw-umbrella-semaphore giancarloperez$ java -jar umbrella.jar -e ecid -v version -c chipid
    Collecting all blobs...
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class com.semaphore.RequestBuilder$BuildVersion.VERSION_ version
    at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:196)
    at com.semaphore.RequestBuilder$BuildVersion.valueOf( RequestBuilder.java:29)
    at com.semaphore.RequestBuilder.getRequest(RequestBui lder.java:50)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.execute(Umbrella.java:126)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.execute(Umbrella.java:121)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.main(Umbrella.java:67)
    Usage:
    umbrella [options]
    [options]: *-indicates default
    -v version [3.0|3.0.1|*3.1*]
    -e ecid hexidecimal format
    -c chipId hexidecimal format *8920*
    giancarlo-perezs-computer-3:fw-umbrella-semaphore giancarloperez$ e.g. java -jar umbrella.jar -e 00000000AA00AA00 -v 3.1 -c 8920
    but then theres no file....I'm sorry....i tried reading the entire posts/replys before posting my question but all the reply's made it more confusing. I'd appreciate any help because I want to be able to jailbreak upon restore and it seems the 3.1 jailbreak is far away

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    I never upgraded to 3.1. I've been on 3.0 since day one...jailbroken. I was bored today and started messing around with my phone and cyberduck and somehow managed to damage my mobile substrate system. Now the phone only boots in Safe Mode. Im trying to restore it to 3.0 or 3.0.1 but iTunes doesn't let me...which is what brought me to this post. I'm trying the instructions over and over. I'm on OSX Snow Leapord, never saved files with Saurik but I have my ECID. I've followed directions of moving the files between folders and running the umbrella.jar. I enter my ECID, select that it's a 3.0 Firmware and hit generate. It then tells me its done and wait for my shsh. Didn't work the easy way...then tried the HARD way and my mobile terminal gives me this "giancarlo-perezs-computer-3:~ giancarloperez$ cd Desktop/fw-umbrella-semaphore
    giancarlo-perezs-computer-3:fw-umbrella-semaphore giancarloperez$ java -jar umbrella.jar -e ecid -v version -c chipid
    Collecting all blobs...
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class com.semaphore.RequestBuilder.VERSION_version
    at com.semaphore.RequestBuilder.valueOf(RequestBuilde r.java:29)
    Usage:
    umbrella [options]
    giancarlo-perezs-computer-3:fw-umbrella-semaphore giancarloperez$ e.g. java -jar umbrella.jar -e 00000000AA00AA00 -v 3.1 -c 8920
    but then theres no file....I'm sorry....i tried reading the entire posts/replys before posting my question but all the reply's made it more confusing. I'd appreciate any help because I want to be able to jailbreak upon restore and it seems the 3.1 jailbreak is far away

Easiest answer is you won't be able to get back to 3.0 or 3.0.1 if you didn't store your info with Cydia.
    Last edited by L00i3; 09-27-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: didn't realize this post started a new page

just a note following iGuru's latest post. I have 64 bit vista and I don't think java installed properly. When I try to run version in cmd it tells me java not recognized as command. BUT, the GUI seemed to run fine and gave me 64kb 00.shsh files for both 3.0 and 3.1.
    So getting a java error in cmd may not necessarily be a problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I still having iphone with 3.0.1, is it possible to get shsh via umbrella with 3.0.1.shsh?
    cydia says, that 3.1shsh on file.

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    Collecting all blobs...
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class com.semaphore.RequestBuilder.VERSION_version
    at com.semaphore.RequestBuilder.valueOf(RequestBuilde r.java:29)
    Usage:
    umbrella [options]
    Make sure your hosts file has not been altered in anyway. I had the same problem generating to the 00.shsh file and then once I took out any ip address that I added I was able to create the file.

Quote Originally Posted by Stassseg View Post
    If I still having iphone with 3.0.1, is it possible to get shsh via umbrella with 3.0.1.shsh?
    cydia says, that 3.1shsh on file.
    3.0 & 3.0.1 shsh files are no longer possible. you can only get 3.1 shsh now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

Stassseg (09-27-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iGuru View Post
    Umbrella64.exe is for when you have 64bit Java installed, Umbrella.exe is for when you have 32bit Java installed.
    To confuse the issue, most people will be running 32bit Java on 64bit computers, unless they specifically downloaded the 64bit version.

The reason I asked you to run that command, is because I need to know if it responds correctly or not, rather than to find out the version.
    I have often found though you run the installer, it does not automatically set up Java for command line usage - and it needs to, for the GUI to work correctly.

So please run the command and let me know the response
    `````````````````````````
    @ iguru ok so i run the command and this is what i get:

cusers\derek>java -version
    java version "1.6.0_16"
    java(TM) SE runtime environment (build 1.6.0_16-b01)
    java hotspot(TM) 64-bit server VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled.jpg  

hi
    i have aproblem with my 3GS
    i made reset for the iphone and after that i t could not start again it stop at the apple and frequently restart
    note the i did not upgrade to ver. 3.1 i'm using ver3.0

i tried this proceduier but the 00.shsh is not generting
    i fellow the instructur but faild to got the file
    so what i can do
    thanks
    Last edited by amjad_hekal; 09-28-2009 at 03:25 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just wait for unlock from dev team for 3.1 and pwtool for custom FW and do not update to 3.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    scratch all my issues hallellulah i have my shsh blob YAAY, now if you can point me in the direction of where i can dl the iphone 3gS 3.0 firmware ipsw file thatd be great, also how do i upload my shsh blob to cydia or should i just keep it on my computer?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you sure that you've got 3.0 shsh file... try use this [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

sorry but its not working on my iPhone 3gs 3.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @ stassseg nono i meant i got my 3.1 shsh...hm error when verifying firmware 3.0 (ipsw file) with apple host cannot be contacted
    this is the bottom of my host file:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

...help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok you know what hahaha forget it i will of course wait for 3.1 JB some sites say u can downgrade to 3.0 u guys say u cannot other attempts have failed, ill go with what u guys say and wait for 3.1 JB. However being that i now have my 3.1 shsh blob for iphone firmware 3.1 (iphone 3g S) i of course will keep my own copy but how do i send my shsh blob to cydia? after running tinytts64.exe i get this "see screenshot"

is that it? if so GREAT if not please tell me what else i have to do
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what for do you want to send it to cydia? if you have it on your pc leave it there. you don't need to upload it to cydia. you can update or reinstall 3.1 also if shsh is located on your PC. for this you should use tinytss... and in host file put only 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Stassseg For This Useful Post:

dm2017 (09-28-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @ stassseg ok all done used tinytss everything all good now, got a weird error 1600 msg from itune lol but i fixed that by giving port 80 back to itune and a restart of computer. thanks for the help, wish i could somehow downgrade back to 3.0. again damn my eagnerness to update. go dev team go.....

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast