+ Reply
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by MuscleNerd Correction: redsn0w handles both fake activation and legit activation. If you've already activated through iTunes at that firmware version at least once, it leaves it at
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    Correction: redsn0w handles both fake activation and legit activation.

If you've already activated through iTunes at that firmware version at least once, it leaves it at legit activation. If you haven't, it fake activates. So it handles both official and unofficial carriers.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up - and for taking the time to comment.

I knew it "hacktivated" the iPhone, but didn't realise if that you had already used that version on a legit carrier in the past it wouldn't do so.

The first post has been updated to reflect this.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To iGuru

Do you think that OS 3.1 version will be jailbroken?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inscshin View Post
    To iGuru

Do you think that OS 3.1 version will be jailbroken?
    Yes, both iPhone Dev-Team and Chronic Dev are working on it.

I would be very surprised if one of them hadn't released a 3.1 Jailbreak for the 3GS within the next two weeks.
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGuru View Post

I would be very surprised if one of them hadn't released a 3.1 Jailbreak for the 3GS within the next two weeks.

Many thanks! iGuru!

Thanks

For anyone interested, i've just written a 710 word article about how the iTunes restore verification system works. You can access it via http://www.macdotnub.co.cc/articles/ and you will need a PDF viewer to read it, until I get round to making a HTML version too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

AllTheWay (09-27-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Two weeks are long time brooooo????but jailbrake for 3g release since 10 daysss????y guru late to release jailbrake for iPhone 3G S??????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shehan1234 View Post
    Two weeks are long time brooooo????but jailbrake for 3g release since 10 daysss????y guru late to release jailbrake for iPhone 3G S??????
    Two weeks are not a long time. And it takes time for them to figure out how to get things work/how to make it so that even the stupidest person can use their tools to jailbreak.

Anyway, that is off topic. No more questions about when the jailbreak will be out here please.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Two weeks are not a long time. And it takes time for them to figure out how to get things work/how to make it so that even the stupidest person can use their tools to jailbreak.

Anyway, that is off topic. No more questions about when the jailbreak will be out here please.
    Ok really sryyyy

Guru pls give me a answer this question....I have a 3G S OS 3.1. Can I install mobile intalation patch (use for cracked ipa) after jailbrake ????
    Last edited by shehan1234; 09-26-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

For anyone interested, i've just written a 710 word article about how the iTunes restore verification system works. You can access it via iGuru's Articles and you will need a PDF viewer to read it, until I get round to making a HTML version too.
    Interesting. Thanks for writing that. And for your GUI of course!

Thanks

Guru pls give me a answer this question....I have a 3G S OS 3.1. Can I install mobile intalation patch (use for cracked ipa) after jailbrake ????
    I am not going to answer that. I do not condone software piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for writing that. And for your GUI of course!
    No problem, and glad you found the article interesting

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

iGuru, great work. got both my 3.0 and 3.1 blobs. Quick question, in part 3 when i run tinytss it gets to
    INFO: Starting TinyTss service on Port 80.
    is that it? i dont need it to tell me it HAS started? cos from there the cursor just flashes away forever. not sure if that means sonethign else is running and it cant start, or if it HAS started?

cheers

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

i am under the impression Tinytss can work as an offline (no internet) restore method. is this correct? or does iTunes still communicate with Apple? and an internet connection IS required

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a 1601 error ????/plss hlp me???/
    Last edited by shehan1234; 09-27-2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

With so many users having troubles, its confusing.

I just bought a new 3GS, and it has 3.01 firmware in it.
    I have yet to connect it to itunes to even register it.
    So i have a few questions, as most questions on this forum are for downgrading from 3.1 to 3.0/3.01. I already have 3.01 on the phone. So, ...

Can i save the firmware currently on the phone for restoring later ?. (Which looks to be NO)

What steps to take to have it jailbroken (Redsnow version etc).

Its looking like a headache going from easily jailbreaking my 3G and Ipod2G to this..

Feel like taking the 3GS back for a refund after reading the hassles..

T.P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok so i get to the step where i enter my ECID and click generate and wait for the ECID SHSH file, yet no file appears anywhere.....help? windows vista 64bit i hate windows.... AND i hate 3.1 iw ish i was not so eager to upgrade also my modem firmware is 05.07.11 which from what I have seen most modem firmware update are something like 050004 bb or something like that. I am wondering if I can downgrade will I loose my phone service as others are reporting through their downgrade. Thanks anyone that can help.

iPhone 3g S FW 3.1
    modem FW 05.11.07
    windows vista 64bit
    iTunes 9
    Last edited by dm2017; 09-27-2009 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Add new info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Remove: gs.apple.com 127.0.0.1 - from etc/hosts and try again.

Thank you for this. I was attempting to get the 00.shsh file and had the gs.apple.com 127.0.0.1 in my hosts file as well.

For anyone interested, i've just written a 710 word article about how the iTunes restore verification system works. You can access it via iGuru's Articles and you will need a PDF viewer to read it, until I get round to making a HTML version too.
    This is a very good article and I appreciate you time in doing this. You made it very easy to understand if coming from a former Windows Mobile guy. I'm actually still a moderator on xda-developers. but I have come to appreciate Apples fantastic device. Sorry to go off topic.

I appreciate all your help on this site and I enjoy reading how much time and effort you have put into this and providing all the users your help and assistance without "spoon feeding" them.

- Aaron
    Last edited by AllTheWay; 09-27-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 1601 error??? Can u help me??????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a very good article and I appreciate you time in doing this. You made it very easy to understand if coming from a former Windows Mobile guy. I'm actually still a moderator on xda-developers. but I have come to appreciate Apples fantastic device. Sorry to go off topic.

I appreciate all your help on this site and I enjoy reading how much time and effort you have put into this and providing all the users your help and assistance without "spoon feeding" them.

- Aaron

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    iGuru, great work. got both my 3.0 and 3.1 blobs. Quick question, in part 3 when i run tinytss it gets to
    INFO: Starting TinyTss service on Port 80.
    When it says that, it means it has started.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    i am under the impression Tinytss can work as an offline (no internet) restore method. is this correct? or does iTunes still communicate with Apple? and an internet connection IS required
    You can restore without an internet connection using TinyTTS, correct.

Quote Originally Posted by gama000 View Post
    Can i save the firmware currently on the phone for restoring later ?. (Which looks to be NO)

What steps to take to have it jailbroken (Redsnow version etc).
    1) No

2) RedSnow 0.8 - you will need to download the iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw and when you start RedSnow click Browse and then browse to the 3.0 ISPW you downloaded, not a 3.0.1 one. Then just follow the instructions it gives you. This may sound confusing, as you're jailbreaking 3.0.1, rather than 3.0, but it is the way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dm2017 View Post
    ok so i get to the step where i enter my ECID and click generate and wait for the ECID SHSH file, yet no file appears anywhere.....help?

I am wondering if I can downgrade will I loose my phone service as others are reporting through their downgrade. Thanks anyone that can help.
    1) Open cmd.exe, type java -version
    What does it respond with?

2) If you downgrade you should not loose your phone service. However, if you were not using the official carrier before (e.g. o2 (UK), AT&T (US)) you will loose your service.

Quote Originally Posted by AllTheWay View Post
    Thank you for this. I was attempting to get the 00.shsh file and had the gs.apple.com 127.0.0.1 in my hosts file as well.
    Glad to hear you got it sorted out, and thank you for the kind comments.

I have a 1601 error??? Can u help me??????
    shehan1234, please see your private messages.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

Madman604x (09-27-2009), Stassseg (09-27-2009)

Thanks

Thanks to all of those who put much effort into this.

I just have one question...

I am on 3.0.1 - I used the methods to obtain my 00.shsh file on my ma.
    When I used 3.0.1 - I got a 4kb file - not valid.

When I used 3.1 as the version - it is at 66kb. (Which I believe is valid). I got this file using 3.1 as the version, even though I'm on JB 3.0.1

So I do have my ECID SHSH file for 3.1 even though I'm running 3.0.1, correct?
    I did not make the window, so I 'm not on 3.0/3.0.1 file on cydia - I'm currently pending on TSS...

What exactly will all this allow me to do?
    I read and reread but I'm so confused.

This will allow me to downgrade to 3.1 after 3.1+ comes out, but not 3.0/3.0.1... correct? I don't need an unlock, just a JB, so will I be safe?
    iPhone 3G 16GB - Black.

Screw the crAppStore I want Installer!