+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone says device isn' t eligible for the requested build???

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Does anybody know why this error is coming up when I try to downgrade back to 3.0?
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default iPhone says device isn' t eligible for the requested build???
    Does anybody know why this error is coming up when I try to downgrade back to 3.0?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Apple stopped signing 3.0. Check around for a guide on downgrading

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile View this!
    I noted there is a video (the only one) on YouTube that shows a situation that is similar to what you are experiencing and a solution. A really good one, just follow the example and you'll be good to go.

I recommend you to view it. Here's the link:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0prIxWIPq0]YouTube - Restore iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.0 (Saurik Signature Server)[/ame]

Cheers!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The error comes when Apple detected it is a 3GS and refuse to sign for a 3.0 restore.

This is in fact a very good video, very clear and with good video quality. But this only works for those ~50000 users who have the 3.0 blobs on Saurik's file.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone says device isn' t eligible for the requested build???

i have iphone 3gs firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 5.11.07 and it is jailbroaken but few days ago all of a sudden my cydia stopped working it gives me error ( encountered a package with no header ) i try everythn to fix it but seems not possible no perfect solution and also i dont have ifile or ssh installed so i cant del sources i need to rejailbreak it or restore it but i cant restore on same firmware as it gives me another error (iPhone says device isn' t eligible for the requested build???) cant i restore my iphone without updating ??? and can i remove cydia and install it again previously i used blackra1n to jailbreak again i used but no use ...... :@:@:@
    result : iphone working fine because i have officially unlock iphone i dont neet to do unlock or whatever bt i want to jailbreak it so i can use cydia and add sources .... can anybody help ??? YOUR LITTLE HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED ALOT ......THANKX

Thanks

I am going to try to make this as clear as possible. There are a number of threads here that tell you the following - You CANNOT restore to anything below 3.1.3 UNLESS you pressed that button on Cydia that said "Make my life easier" - After that when you opened cydia at the top it would say that your 3.x firmware was backed up on Sauriks server in green lettering. Now in order to restore (only if you pressed the shiny red button) you have to modify a file on your computer to make itunes look at sauriks server instead of apples. (there are a number of threads that tell you how to do this) This is because apple has to "digitaly sign" the firmware restore. If you backed up through cydia you basically saved that signature. For those like me, who has purchased a new phone with 3.1.3 we will just have to wait until the new jailbreak comes out, which seems to be promising because of the news about Geohot and Devteam (look at modmyi news if you want to know more)

sincerely
    D.L33T

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi.
    I have an unlocked 32gb iphone.
    It worked perfectly for a week or so, then i went away and forgot to charge it.
    When i came back the battery had died so I plugged it in, and itunes installed an update.
    Now the phone is unusable and only displays the usb to itunes display and is locked only allowing emergency calls.
    Please can anybody help me. i need my phone back.
    regards
    mark

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i actually had the 3.1.2 firmware and I am trying trying to restore it, but i am getting the same error. i didn't update to 3.1.3 so why am i getting the same error?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    i actually had the 3.1.2 firmware and I am trying trying to restore it, but i am getting the same error. i didn't update to 3.1.3 so why am i getting the same error?
    It's because Apple hasn't been signing 3.1.2 for a while now. If you've saved your SHSH's with Saurik's server, just edit your hosts file to point to it, and you're fine. Otherwise, looks like you're waiting for the new JB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem. Unlocked set.3gs new bootroom.
    So if I just click restore to 3.1.3 in itunes.. my phone still can be use right?
    just no JB.
    Last edited by theRev; 03-19-2010 at 08:16 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi D.L33T!
    Please, do you have any news about this issue: "we will just have to wait until the new jailbreak comes out,..." you posted in feb??
    Tks.
    GOmes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK so basically if I'm on iOS4 with my 3GS, I cannot downgrade no matter what, unless I was jailbroken at an earlier point and saved my settings?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not trying to downgrade, in fact im trying to restore my phone with 3.q.3 and i keep getting the error about ".....not eligible for this build", any ideas. i have the latest version of itunes and this phone has never been jailbroken. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem with my old 8 gig 3G. Once upon a time it was jailbroken, but when I got my new iPhone 4 I wanted to clear my old phone, so I tried to restore it. It temporarily bricked (kept getting error 1611 on my Macbook Pro). I finally got it restored to 4.0.1 on my windows computer at work.

I just got home and tried to restore my phone BACK to 4.0 so I could jailbreak it to sell it, and it's giving me "the phone is not eligible for the requested build." I'd like to try to resolve this at home, but I suppose I could go back to my work computer and try it there. I'm just hoping someone here has a solution.

I may just try to jailbreak while running 4.0.1. A new article on redmonpie.com makes me think it can be done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just bumping this thread. I havn't even updated past 3.1.2 and I'm having huge problems i jailbroke with blackra1n and it kept crashing and going into recovery mode and i kept running blackra1n to fix it and then the geohot picture didn't go away when i did that and so I tried jailbreaking with redsn0w and now the screen won't even turn on even tho it makes that sound when i hook it up to the computer. I'm going to try and restore to a custom 3.1.2 ipsw file but i don't have the shsh blobs backed up so i don't know if it'll work.
    edit:apple isn't going to sign a custom file if its 3.1.2 are they? is there a carrier unlock for 3.1.3 yet???????
    Last edited by eventhorizon; 08-23-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eventhorizon View Post
    just bumping this thread. I havn't even updated past 3.1.2 and I'm having huge problems i jailbroke with blackra1n and it kept crashing and going into recovery mode and i kept running blackra1n to fix it and then the geohot picture didn't go away when i did that and so I tried jailbreaking with redsn0w and now the screen won't even turn on even tho it makes that sound when i hook it up to the computer. I'm going to try and restore to a custom 3.1.2 ipsw file but i don't have the shsh blobs backed up so i don't know if it'll work.
    edit:apple isn't going to sign a custom file if its 3.1.2 are they? is there a carrier unlock for 3.1.3 yet???????
    How can you run Blackra1n and then Redsn0w, it will screw up your iphone.
    If your Iphone is an untethered jailbreak using Blackra1n, then you can use custom firmware. Yes custom firmware does not require shsh blogs.
    If your iphone is a tethered jailbreak, then restoring to a stock firmware is your only option, you will need shsh blogs to restore or downgrade.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDominic View Post
    I noted there is a video (the only one) on YouTube that shows a situation that is similar to what you are experiencing and a solution. A really good one, just follow the example and you'll be good to go.

I recommend you to view it. Here's the link:

YouTube - Restore iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.0 (Saurik Signature Server)

Cheers!
    I really enjoyed your video my only problem is that i'm a noob when it comes to Terminal, so I don't know how to save the changes and when I attempt to restore I keep getting the same error, and as soon as I open terminal I see the settings the same way before the change, any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPod touch REALLY urgent!
    Okay guys. I'm new here so yaay!

I have an iPod touch, 2nd gen, 16GB running on 3.1.2. I've been feeling laggy-ness in the device a couple of days ago, so I decided to restore the iPod just today. I wanted to upgrade to iOS 4, as I do not have the SHSH blobs saved (boo ).

When Apple said, "There is a new software upgrade (4.2)...." I downloaded the firmware, and tried to restore it. It returned with the error: "Device isn't eligible for the requested build."

Is it possible that Apple had stopped signing the iOS 4.2 upgrade?

I've tried running TSS Server in TinyUmbrella, but that returned me with another error, 1600.

I AM VERY FRUSTRATED. So now, my iPod is stuck in DFU mode, waiting for you guys to save it! Thanks in advance!